View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 194 of 211 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1931
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Pedophiles. In about 95ish percent of the cases, their adult orientation is either unformed or heterosexual. This has been documented in this very thread.
    Of course you wish it was that way but it is not...A man who abuses males is gay...A man who abuses women is straight,,,,That is the way it is.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1932
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wrong, Wrong as has been documented in this very thread.
    You can defeat ignorance with knowledge, but many who choose ignorance can not be converted.

  3. #1933
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Of course you wish it was that way but it is not...A man who abuses males is gay...A man who abuses women is straight,,,,That is the way it is.
    No, it's not, men that abuse little boys typically are not gay.

  4. #1934
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Of course you wish it was that way but it is not...A man who abuses males is gay...A man who abuses women is straight,,,,That is the way it is.
    Wrong again, and again the fact you are lying about this has been documented in this very thread. You can't just make **** up and expect to not get called on it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #1935
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Of course you wish it was that way but it is not...A man who abuses males is gay...A man who abuses women is straight,,,,That is the way it is.
    You have lied to yourself enough to believe that is true, how pathetic.

  6. #1936
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wrong again, and again the fact you are lying about this has been documented in this very thread. You can't just make **** up and expect to not get called on it.
    He is lying so he can have a reason to support is silliness.

    This complex and bizarre Web of lies and false claims are facts to him. I am starting to think he is an actual case of (the clinical kind) homophobia. It's not rational to create lies and perform mental gymnastics to cling to such a pointless fear.

    He discredits studies and facts for all sorts of silly reasons.

    There is a word for this and it rymes with spalusional.
    Last edited by CLAX1911; 02-24-13 at 03:02 AM.

  7. #1937
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Of course you wish it was that way but it is not...A man who abuses males is gay...A man who abuses women is straight,,,,That is the way it is.
    No, this is the way it is:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Look, NP... it is tiring watching you spread misinformation. Here are the facts... and these facts are well documented with research. In fact, during my time at DP, I have posted research that has confirmed most of these facts:

    1) The vast majority of men who get raped in prison by other men are heterosexuals.
    2) The vast majority of boys who are molested are molested by heterosexual men.
    3) The incidence of gays molesting children is equal to or LESS THAN the percentage of gays in the general population.
    4) Who an adult molests has nothing to do with that adult's sexual orientation.

    These are the facts. I and others have posted links to this information and this information is accepted as factual, based on peer review studies. From now on, whenever you post misinformation that attempts to contradict this, I am going to repost this particular post asking you to refute ANY of these facts with links and research.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #1938
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1

    Found this interesting

    Although the causes of homophobia are unclear, several psychoanalytic explanations have emerged from the idea of homophobia as an anxiety-based phenomenon. One psychoanalytic explanation is that anxiety about the possibility of being or becoming a homosexual may be a major factor in homophobia. For example, de Kuyper (1993) has asserted that homophobia is the result of the remnants of homosexuality in the heterosexual resolution of the Oedipal conflict. Whereas these notions are vague, psychoanalytic theories usually postulate that homophobia is a result of repressed homosexual urges or a form of latent homosexuality.*Latent homosexuality*can be defined as homosexual arousal which the individual is either unaware of or dent. Psychoanalysts use the concept of repressed or latent homosexuality to explain the emotional malaise and irrational attitudes displayed by some individuals who feel guilty about their erotic interests and struggle to deny and repress homosexual impulses. In fact, West stated, 'when placed in a situation that threatens to excite their own unwanted homosexual thoughts, they overreact with panic or anger." Slaby ( 1994 ) contended that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex oriented, but it usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have difficulty integrating their homosexual feelings or activity. The relationship between homophobia and latent homosexuality has not been empirically investigated and is one of the purposes of the present study.
    Here is the complete artical.

    The Roots Of Homophobia - Putting Freud To The Test | Assault On Gay America | FRONTLINE | PBS

    Appears to be a classic case in this thread.

  9. #1939
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They go there every time they go to BS camp...Only difference is they don't know who the lurkers are if there are any at all.....Reember the BS creed says morally straight,
    "morally straight" refers to a hell of a lot more than homosexuality NP"....were you ever a Boy Scout?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #1940
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    All I have is how I feel about it and the people I know feel about it and like me they think gay sex is disgusting and perverted......Sorry
    and I am sure that there are a LOT of people that fee that the sex that you engage in is disgusting and perverted....so what's your point?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •