View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 183 of 211 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1821
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Man I can't believe this dog has over 1400 replies. Since when is camp intended for kids to have sex? So what difference does it make. I really see none. I know kids are far more savvy now than they were when I was their age, but all that has changed is the terminology. There were kids of the same sex who openly held hands when we were in Jr high and high school. The other kids nudged one another and snickered, and sometimes the teacher told them it didn' t look good, but everyone knew the scoop. No one had sex in the floor during history class if they did at all in those days. And I'm betting no one has sex during archery at camp. Sheesh. What a silly thing to spaz out over.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  2. #1822
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,555

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Why is it a strange comparison?

    Fire burns..

    Water can drown you...

    Vicious dogs can bite you..

    Doesn't mean to say they will...

    But they have the potential!
    And the sun might implode. So what?

    What you've describe is FEAR

    F=future

    E=events

    A=appearing

    R=real

    You can't totally protect your kids from the world. But you can educate them.

    Whatever their eventual sexuality...won't be altered by their exposure to someone elses. Environmental sexual orientation changes happen, but not common.

    Homosexuality isn't contagious.

  3. #1823
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually that is the smart view. Under your logic you would have allowed your kids to go to camp with Jerry Sandusky because he was a married heterosexual man but you would not allow your kids around an openly gay man even if you knew his character was excellent. That is sad and it is that baseless assumption that heterosexual men never molest boys that puts many children in danger.
    I find it a quite disturbing opinion..from a man...

    I also think that it is true...

    But also..most sexual attacks and long term abuse are usually committed by a close family member...

  4. #1824
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I find it a quite disturbing opinion..from a man...

    I also think that it is true...

    But also..most sexual attacks and long term abuse are usually committed by a close family member...
    Yes, that is true. Very good.

  5. #1825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    And the sun might implode. So what?

    What you've describe is FEAR

    F=future

    E=events

    A=appearing

    R=real

    You can't totally protect your kids from the world. But you can educate them.

    Whatever their eventual sexuality...won't be altered by their exposure to someone elses. Environmental sexual orientation changes happen, but not common.

    Homosexuality isn't contagious.
    I know homosexuality isn't contagious..but I would like a child to discover their homosexuality when the time is right..not some dirty confusing fumbles at scout camp with an adult...

  6. #1826
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    No..scared they are going to inflict their gayness onto a small child..

    ..
    Yes, but you have also made up ridiculous stories about your having all sorts of gay friends who lurk in public restrooms to ambush those poor, defenseless straight men and how your lovers have had 12 inch penises, so I would advise anybody who reads your rantings to take them with a grain of salt.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #1827
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,555

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I know homosexuality isn't contagious..but I would like a child to discover their homosexuality when the time is right..not some dirty confusing fumbles at scout camp with an adult...
    that's a different argument. an adult gay scout master isn't the same as an adult pedophile scout master.

  8. #1828
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Yes, but you have also made up ridiculous stories about your having all sorts of gay friends who lurk in public restrooms to ambush those poor, defenseless straight men and how your lovers have had 12 inch penises, so I would advise anybody who reads your rantings to take them with a grain of salt.
    I think you may be a tad over exaggerating here..I had one lover with a 12 incher..some men do..

    Sorry if you haven't..

    My gay friends are not ''all sorts'' they are just gay..

    As I don't feel I have to prove my posts to you...Take them or leave them..

    One thing I have never been is a liar...

  9. #1829
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I find it a quite disturbing opinion..from a man...

    I also think that it is true...

    But also..most sexual attacks and long term abuse are usually committed by a close family member...
    That is true.

    My opinion is what matters is character not sexual orientation. Just because a man is gay does not mean he is a bad person or he will be pushing a "gay is okay" agenda on kids. Most gay men do not define themselves only by their sexual preference and you would not know they were gay unless you asked or saw them with their partner. Scouts is not a place for talking about sex and any responsible adult would refer children to their parents if sexual themes of any sort came up. Really this thing is a non issue. Parents should always know who their kids around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #1830
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually that is the smart view. Under your logic you would have allowed your kids to go to camp with Jerry Sandusky because he was a married heterosexual man but you would not allow your kids around an openly gay man even if you knew his character was excellent. That is sad and it is that baseless assumption that heterosexual men never molest boys that puts many children in danger.
    That is generally what I was thinking.

    You can never be sure that any man whom you barely know is not another Jerry Sandusky...no matter what he seems like.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •