View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 18 of 211 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #171
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My children like I am are Roman Catholic they are taught by me and the church to love the sinner and hate the sin whether it be straight or gay.
    Seems to me the Catholic Church didn't "hate the sin" of those molesting priests all that much. I belong to the Episcopal Church, and I understand that judging others to even BE sinners is not up to me. But, if you want to keep it in the religious vernacular, I would say that, again, teaching children to fear and loathe others not because of a character trait but because of genetic traits is itself a sin.

    So we have a conundrum.

  2. #172
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If they are in the closet how do we know they are gay?
    LOL...exactly my point NP...Thank you for proving it once again. You are perfectly fine sending your child to a camp where "Straight" "Married" closed homosexuals are....but freak out at the prospect of an honest gay person. Its called paranoia for a false sense of security.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #173
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I was inthe BSA about 60 years ago and we had blacks in our troop and had no problem with it.........What your doing is using the class warfare that the left always uses as their talking points.
    That's not true at all...I'm just saying that not allowing your kids to interact with people you may be prejudiced against isn't exactly a new thing.

    It was one of the major reason for busing....which was pretty unpopular.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  4. #174
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have to say I'd be shocked if parents are actively describing things in this way. More likely, parents are broadening their "warnings" to their children about not going anywhere with strangers, not letting anyone touch you where you don't want to be touched, etc. etc. - I can't imagine that a parent portrays "gay people as predators and alien creatures not to be trusted". That just sounds like a bunch of liberal hate nonsense directed at parents who disagree with you.

    Thank you...I could have not put it better.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #175
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    That's not true at all...I'm just saying that not allowing your kids to interact with people you may be prejudiced against isn't exactly a new thing.

    It was one of the major reason for busing....which was pretty unpopular.
    Because you don't agree its untrue but as usual on most of your posts your bias attitude is wrong and we did have black scouts and there was no problem with it.................Oh and I joined the Navy in 1956 and we had black sailors and no one had a problem with it...............Again you leftys like to pit the classes against one another but in this case you are flat wrong.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #176
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    I would rather there be openly gay members than closeted gay members, either way, I'm pretty sure my son isn't going to catch it.

  7. #177
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because you don't agree its untrue but as usual on most of your posts your bias attitude is wrong and we did have black scouts and there was know problem with it.................Oh and I joined the Navy in 1956 and we had black sailors and no one had a problem with it...............Again you leftys like to pit the classes against one another but in thi case you are flat wrong.
    Oh my bad...I guess that whole segregation thing and battle over civil rights is just liberal proproganda.

    You do know I'm not saying you personally in regards to being prejudiced to blacks.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #178
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...exactly my point NP...Thank you for proving it once again. You are perfectly fine sending your child to a camp where "Straight" "Married" closed homosexuals are....but freak out at the prospect of an honest gay person. Its called paranoia for a false sense of security.

    That is your opinion and I don't agree with it...I would never put my children in a situation that might be uncomfortable with to prove a left wwing ridiculous point.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #179
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have to say I'd be shocked if parents are actively describing things in this way. More likely, parents are broadening their "warnings" to their children about not going anywhere with strangers, not letting anyone touch you where you don't want to be touched, etc. etc. - I can't imagine that a parent portrays "gay people as predators and alien creatures not to be trusted". That just sounds like a bunch of liberal hate nonsense directed at parents who disagree with you.
    No doubt.

    However, this thread is specifically about sending boys to camp where there are openly gay counselors. And comments here are pretty specific about the "influence" and "impact" of "that kind of behavior".

  10. #180
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Oh my bad...I guess that whole segregation thing and battle over civil rights is just liberal proproganda.

    You do know I'm not saying you personally in regards to being prejudiced to blacks.
    I did not see it when I was in the BSA or the Navy...............A lot of blacks that I knew (and there were several in my department) said they joined the Navy for this and were happy with the way they were treated in fact we had a couple of Black CPOs in my deepartment.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •