View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 174 of 211 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1731
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    And you claim your smarter than me...
    Being smarter than you doesn't necessarily mean I comprehend your weak attempts to insult me.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #1732
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Being smarter than you doesn't necessarily mean I comprehend your weak attempts to insult me.
    Well if i have to explain it to you, its not as funny, but here goes. You said you have no problem with you daughter being the village bicycle as long as she doesnt get pregnant or aids. That philosophy is going to get your daughter knocked up and sent to a school for pregnant teens and your stellar parenting techniques will earn you the father of the year award. Get it now?

  3. #1733
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Well if i have to explain it to you, its not as funny,
    It wasn't funny to begin with. That's why nobody laughed.

    but here goes. You said you have no problem with you daughter being the village bicycle as long as she doesnt get pregnant or aids.
    No, that's what you said. I more or less stated that I couldn't care less as long as she realizes her choices have consequences and she needs to be safe about them. You failed to understand that little point. I'm not surprised.

    That philosophy is going to get your daughter knocked up
    How? You have no idea what philosophy she will grow up to have. Then again, you probably think children are meant to be automatons that their parents mold. When in fact, they are just as capable of defining right and wrong on their own with little help from you. And even if you did mold them, they are still just as likely to end up like Kristal Palin. Shinning example of just how prudish parent doesn't mean a teenager won't have premarital sex just because they are brainwashed.

    and sent to a school for pregnant teens and your stellar parenting techniques will earn you the father of the year award. Get it now?
    Lol, did you get home schooled? It pretty much would explain why you have such a weird view of the world. Where you think having parents who allow you to make choices - without actually telling you what to do - means you'll become a whore and end up pregnant. Have you kids ever been to the beach? Without burqas?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-17-13 at 08:43 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #1734
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It wasn't funny to begin with. That's why nobody laughed.



    I more or less stated that I couldn't care less as long as she realizes her choices have consequences and she needs to be safe about them. You failed to understand that little point. I'm not surprised.
    I failed to understand it because you didnt say it! Nice reach though, you flat out stated you couldnt care less if your daughter gave boys hand jobs in junior high.



    How? You have no idea what philosophy she will grow up to have.
    You have been sharing your philosophy with me, im not impressed.

    Then again, you probably think children are meant to be automatons that their parents mold. When in fact, they are just as capable of defining right and wrong on their own with little help from you.
    Shockingly i do think its the parents responsibilty to teach their kids right from wrong. And not just the CURRENT version of right and wrong.

    Lol, did you get home schooled? It pretty much would explain why you have such a weird view of the world. Where you think having parents who allow you to make choices - without actually telling you what to do - means you'll become a whore and end up pregnant.
    No i wasnt home schooled. Im suprised you think that anyone who went to public school has to agree with you. Its possible to live in the world and not be of the world. Not every one is as previously states, morally bankrupt as you appear to be. Some people value more than sexual freedom. We call it *gasp* personal accountability and *gasp* responsibility.

  5. #1735
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Shockingly i do think its the parents responsibilty to teach their kids right from wrong. And not just the CURRENT version of right and wrong.
    The current version of right and wrong is the only version of right and wrong. Unless you live in a vacuum your perception of right and wrong is always going to be shaded, to some degree, by your society.

  6. #1736
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Do you honestly think that a gay man would be talking to your son about the Pyramids..Meaning of life...without bringing his sexuality into it...
    I can talk about things without out being about my sexuality, yes even with boys. I have a boy, and he has friends, really good friends. I talk to them sometimes. 1 of them I spoke to was about what to get for my boy for Christmas

  7. #1737
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    I failed to understand it because you didnt say it! Nice reach though, you flat out stated you couldnt care less if your daughter gave boys hand jobs in junior high.
    Sometimes abstract thought is too much for some. They don't seem to be able to comprehend general ideas. They need everything chewed out for them. They then pass that kind of idea analysis to their children.

    You have been sharing your philosophy with me, im not impressed.

    Shockingly i do think its the parents responsibilty to teach their kids right from wrong. And not just the CURRENT version of right and wrong.
    You do realize that repression of thought is pretty much abhorred by child psychologists whereas choice allowance has been universally prescribed by even religious psychologists?

    Worst Mistakes Parents Make When Talking to Kids | Psychology Today

    Calling a kid “selfish,” or implying there is something wrong with her is also harmful. Kids internalize these negative labels and begin to see themselves as "not good enough." Humiliating or shaming a kid can shape brain pathways in negative ways. Label the behavior as unacceptable, but the kid as still lovable.
    http://www.earlychildhoodnews.com/ea...?ArticleID=607

    There are several reasons that giving children choices throughout the day is beneficial, even crucial to their development. Providing choices for children is a fundamental aspect of high-quality early childhood curriculum (Hendrick, 1996).
    http://www.essentialkids.com.au/pres...305-1uc04.html

    Nick Petrovic, Psychologist at the Mind Profile Psychology Clinic says it’s important for children to be given the opportunity to make choices, because it helps them become more independent and responsible, and builds their decision making skills to ultimately help them make better choices in the future.
    No i wasnt home schooled. Im suprised you think that anyone who went to public school has to agree with you. Its possible to live in the world and not be of the world.
    Well, you're right, if you were of this world, that being, you know the reality upon which we live in - you'd realize you simply aren't a good parent because you repress them by instilling a subjective sense of morality and not allowing them to make their own. That is, you basically indoctrinate them into a train of thought where things are wrong. So your kids will have two choices, either rebel (in a Krystal Palin sort of way at worst), or grow up conflicted not being able to decide for themselves what is right and wrong for them because as you claimed it's your role to 'teach' them that. Essentially, you're making them dependent on your moral belief system and not giving them the ability to actually draft their own because you think they're too naive and will probably end up as whores.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #1738
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    I never said I should be able to make people do things either. However, I don't have a problem with ridiculing people if they call people sinners but can't explain why the sin is a sin, other than quoting a book that essentially just says "This is bad" and doesn't say why. I suppose the Romans passage comes a bit closer to why it is supposedly a sin by calling it "unnatural," but then again the Bible is wrong since we've witnessed gay sex happening naturally in nature. However, it still doesn't make sense to forbid something/ call something a sin just because they consider it unnatural. It's hurting no one.
    So now we are on the same level as animals?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #1739
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    The current version of right and wrong is the only version of right and wrong. Unless you live in a vacuum your perception of right and wrong is always going to be shaded, to some degree, by your society.
    If your perception of right and wrong is based on what society tells you is socially acceptable and not socially acceptable, then you are right, but some people dont base their values on societal norms.” Right and wrong”, and “socially acceptable” aren’t the same things.

  10. #1740
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I love children too!!

    I talk to children when they are with their mothers..or a guardian...I do not talk to children on-line....
    I do, why is it that you think the adults have this uncontrolled desire to sleep with children? is it because you do? it's strange. tell your kids not give out personal information and they will be fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •