View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 172 of 211 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1711
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If he only abuses boys it does to me.
    Just because you say "it does to me" doesn't mean the man is gay. Perhaps he likes to exploit the power he has over the kid, regardless of the sex of the kid, but he only has access to little boys. We can't know if the man is gay unless he openly admits he's attracted to males. After all, that's what being gay means..being attracted to the opposite sex. Therefore one can kiss or have relations without actually being gay.

  2. #1712
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In school you don't have to sleep with the gay kids.........
    Ever hear about or be in school gym class....showers.....have you forgotten ??
    There is little difference.....one cannot "excape" the homosexuals..al 3% of them....
    As far as posters go politically, there is NO "most"...this has been discussed.

  3. #1713
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    'Forced to put your son in this position'???? Seriously??? I didn't realize the scouts drafted poor innocent hetro boys! damn their eyes!

    What the hell are you talking about, gays have more rights???? Try marriage, adoption, taxes... get real.

    Now you seem to think gay guys just 'put the moves on' just any ol' hetro kid they see? Again seriously??!!

    When i tried to round second I had met the girl, spoke to the girl, charmed the girl to accept a date and THEN in a quiet spot she agreed to go to 'put the moves on' her.

    So thinking if your boy likes being chatted up by a gay kid, accepts a date, goes to a somewhat secluded spot and THEN gets felt up...

    are you sure the boy is not at least bi-curious?

    To think a gay scout who is in good standing would try and rape a fellow scout sure speaks ill of the Scouting program.
    Your all over the place. I never said anything about rape, you did. You also mentioned forcing yourself on women in your earlier days. Great example. Scout camp and scouting in general is about learning skills in the outdoors and being prepared for all kinds of situations. It shouldnt be about sexual preferences. You can muddy the waters all you want but it doesnt change the fact that gay guys arent just attracted to other gay guys, they are attracted to any guy they find attractive. Any responsible parent would not willingly or knowingly put their child, son or daughter in a position where anything of a sexual matter could jeopardize them. Again, this is why girl scouts and boy scouts dont go camping together. I dont think its right or fair that a gay scout can go camping with someone they are potentially sexually attracted to. As i stated before, the BSA have already had scandals involving this very thing. Knowingly putting them together would only increase the occurance.

  4. #1714
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,037

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Any responsible parent would not willingly or knowingly put their child, son or daughter in a position where anything of a sexual matter could jeopardize them. Again, this is why girl scouts and boy scouts don't go camping together.
    I take it you home school your children and keep them protected by a giant bubble when they go to the beach? Your statement is so utterly ridiculous I have trouble even accepting the possibility that you may be a parent. I bet you never got a handjob in middle school because your parents kept you out of situations where anything of a sexual matter could happen.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-17-13 at 07:13 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #1715
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Your all over the place. I never said anything about rape, you did. You also mentioned forcing yourself on women in your earlier days. Great example. Scout camp and scouting in general is about learning skills in the outdoors and being prepared for all kinds of situations. It shouldnt be about sexual preferences. You can muddy the waters all you want but it doesnt change the fact that gay guys arent just attracted to other gay guys, they are attracted to any guy they find attractive. Any responsible parent would not willingly or knowingly put their child, son or daughter in a position where anything of a sexual matter could jeopardize them. Again, this is why girl scouts and boy scouts dont go camping together. I dont think its right or fair that a gay scout can go camping with someone they are potentially sexually attracted to. As i stated before, the BSA have already had scandals involving this very thing. Knowingly putting them together would only increase the occurance.
    Never said forcing, said 'putting the moves on', rounding second... get real. for your son to be in the same position as the girls I 'forced' myself on he would have accepted a date with the gay scout, go to that secluded spot and hug, kiss, moan his approval of the kissing and hugging before deciding anything more wasn't appreciated... do you think your boy would do all that before deciding he didn't like macking with boys???

    Scouting is SOOOO much more than knots and how to defecate in the woods, you muddy the waters by suggesting a gay scout would spend his time macking up the other boys. Get real, he is there to learn like all the others.

    Again we are not talking about a scout raping another scout, and if you think your kid can't be exposed to the same 'sexual matter' in school, church, the local playground you are sadly mistaken.

    The Catholic Church has had a bushel butt load of scandals, does that mean 'responsible parents' should stop sending their kids to Bible Study with the Priest?

    If the standard 'position where anything of a sexual nature could jeopardize them' is universal then no co-ed schools, church groups which DO go camping together- Turner Falls, OK has several church camps and the kid's nickname for the place is Cherry Falls because many a Gawd Fearing young lady has left her's there...

    No Sir, there is no real reason the exclude gay boys from camping in the Scouts, or for that matter have well chaperoned boy and girl scout gatherings.

  6. #1716
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Ever hear about or be in school gym class....showers.....have you forgotten ??
    There is little difference.....one cannot "excape" the homosexuals..al 3% of them....
    As far as posters go politically, there is NO "most"...this has been discussed.
    I will repost this one more time:
    They might take showers in Gym class and there are usual a bunch of kids taking a shower at the same time......I doubt very seriously if gay kid would make move under that situation.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #1717
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I take it you home school your children and keep them protected by a giant bubble when they go to the beach? Your statement is so utterly ridiculous I have trouble even accepting the possibility that you may be a parent. I bet you never got a handjob in middle school because your parents kept you out of situations where anything of a sexual matter could happen.
    I guess you would be happy if everyone were as sex crazed and irresponsible as you? You have no morals and you flaunt it like its an attribute. I didn’t get a hand job in junior high because i was more engaged in being a child. I protect my kids from perverts like you who would take away their innocence before their time. Don’t act like your some new age progressive thinker when in reality your just a miscreant. I know your just trying to get a rise out of me because you think that will somehow validate your point, but as much as it might shock you, there are still parents out there who want their kids to grow up in an environment free of moral decay, and they do all they can to teach them right and help them avoid evil as much as possible. Unfortunately, there is adversary in all things.

  8. #1718
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Never said forcing, said 'putting the moves on', rounding second...
    Go back and read your words, you did say forced.

    Again we are not talking about a scout raping another scout, and if you think your kid can't be exposed to the same 'sexual matter' in school, church, the local playground you are sadly mistaken.
    So i shouldnt try to protect my child? Since as you say, its inevitable?

    The Catholic Church has had a bushel butt load of scandals, does that mean 'responsible parents' should stop sending their kids to Bible Study with the Priest?
    I sure as hell wouldnt let them go camping together.

    If the standard 'position where anything of a sexual nature could jeopardize them' is universal then no co-ed schools, church groups which DO go camping together- Turner Falls, OK has several church camps and the kid's nickname for the place is Cherry Falls because many a Gawd Fearing young lady has left her's there...
    Thats really cute, im sure they love telling their story to their kids.

    No Sir, there is no real reason the exclude gay boys from camping in the Scouts, or for that matter have well chaperoned boy and girl scout gatherings.
    Never said they should be excluded or banned, i just think they should have their own troops. What exactly is your reason for no chaperones? Big fan of lord of the flies are ya?
    Last edited by Dpetty; 02-17-13 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #1719
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, he shouldn't be such a pussy. Gotta raise 'm right.
    Best post yet in this ridiculous thread.

    But it is true you can't be with your kids 24 hours a day so you better raise them able to take care of themselves.

    Give me a kid any day who can stand his ground over the kid whose parents have to hand hold him and make certain he never has exposure to the "other element".

    This is why I had my kids go to the most diverse schools in our district. My oldest son went to a 3rd grade class in which he was one of the two caucasians in the class. FYI, he didn't turn black.

  10. #1720
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    I just find it incredibly amusing. One half of our society deals with this behavior on a constant basis, but you have it in your head that you're the only victim of unwanted sexual attraction. You're not. It happens to all of us. Don't get yourself in a tizzy if it ever happen. Let it slid, walk-away and laugh about it later. I do it as much as every woman has ever done it.

    To add to that, as a gay guy, your willie (and probable hairy beer gut) isn't something that I would ever want to look at. Such behavior is unacceptable, sexual harassment and all around rude. You're making us out as some sort of vicious monsters, which I and all of my friends -- both gay and straight -- certainly are not. We are all human and have the exact same beliefs and wishes about privacy as you do.
    Well said brother.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •