View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 171 of 211 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1701
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If the gay kid is older then the boy then he might be intimidated by his peer.......
    Well, he shouldn't be such a pussy. Gotta raise 'm right.

  2. #1702
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    How are you hurt by somebody looking at you?
    Because i have a reasonable expectation to be able to go to the bathroom without being sexually harrassed, which is exactly what me going into the girls room to watch them would be considered. The gay community is always talking about equal rights, but this seems to only apply to their situation. How does me going into the womens bathroom "hurt" them? There is a double standard there. Im not advocating me being allowed to go in the womens bathroom im advocating equal rights.

  3. #1703
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    No but they do take communal showers after sport together. kids go into offices with teachers all the time. Somehow those female teachers manage to hook-up with underage students. Priests don't camp-out with the kids they molest... you make a weak argument for the difference between camping in a scout troop vs most places where children are molested.

    Navy have you ever been on a camp-out or jamboree? The Scouting trips I attended the adults slept in separate tents and the kids were two to a pop-up tent. it isn't a mass cuddle in some tent...

    I am not talking about adults and yes I was a Boy Scout as were my 3 boys.


    They might take showers in Gym class and there are usual a bunch of kids taking a shower at the same time......I doubt very seriously if gay kid would make move under that situation.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #1704
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am not talking about adults and yes I was a Boy Scout as were my 3 boys.


    They might take showers in Gym class and there are usual a bunch of kids taking a shower at the same time......I doubt very seriously if gay kid would make move under that situation.
    "make a move"


    hahaha

  5. #1705
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, he shouldn't be such a pussy. Gotta raise 'm right.

    That is true...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1706
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    "make a move"


    hahaha

    That is your best shot? I don't have time for this.......I am done with you.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #1707
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am done with you.
    No, I don't think so. I'm makin' my move.

  8. #1708
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am not talking about adults and yes I was a Boy Scout as were my 3 boys.


    They might take showers in Gym class and there are usual a bunch of kids taking a shower at the same time......I doubt very seriously if gay kid would make move under that situation.
    So you or your 3 boys couldn't fend off unwanted advances? Thank Gawd none of you were girls! All ya'll would have a dozen kids by now.

    How weak or timid would you have to be not stop another kid your own age from sexual assault? Seems to me a reasonable person would admit no Scoutmaster would pair the weakest boy in the troop with an openly gay guy and for that matter what troop leader would permit any boy with impulse control issues to be alone with another kid for very long.

    Sort of like allowing the pyromaniac in the troop to be fire guard at nite!

    Seriously Dude, do you really think a boy your same age can't fend off another kid's advances? And as an aside, 'make a move', is that full on rape or just admiring a fella's smile?

    I mean i made plenty of moves on women in my salad days... Pushy, persistent, even 'handsy', but no girl would ever say i forced anything past second base....

  9. #1709
    Educator Dpetty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-05-17 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    967

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So you or your 3 boys couldn't fend off unwanted advances? Thank Gawd none of you were girls! All ya'll would have a dozen kids by now.

    How weak or timid would you have to be not stop another kid your own age from sexual assault? Seems to me a reasonable person would admit no Scoutmaster would pair the weakest boy in the troop with an openly gay guy and for that matter what troop leader would permit any boy with impulse control issues to be alone with another kid for very long.

    Sort of like allowing the pyromaniac in the troop to be fire guard at nite!

    Seriously Dude, do you really think a boy your same age can't fend off another kid's advances? And as an aside, 'make a move', is that full on rape or just admiring a fella's smile?

    I mean i made plenty of moves on women in my salad days... Pushy, persistent, even 'handsy', but no girl would ever say i forced anything past second base....
    Your comparing your younger sexist self with gay scouts? Its not necessarily a discussion on whether or not my son is capable of fending off an unwanted sexual advance from a fellow scout, the issue is why should i be forced to put my son in a situation where he would potentially have to? And dont come back with the "you dont have to send your son" argument, because its getting to the point where gays have more rights than straights these days. You think a straight male having to fend off a sexual advance from a gay male is funny? You think it says something about the male if he is unable to fend it off? Thats the classic "he/she had it coming" argument. You think your matcho cause you forced girls to second base, but not third?

  10. #1710
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Your comparing your younger sexist self with gay scouts? Its not necessarily a discussion on whether or not my son is capable of fending off an unwanted sexual advance from a fellow scout, the issue is why should i be forced to put my son in a situation where he would potentially have to? And dont come back with the "you dont have to send your son" argument, because its getting to the point where gays have more rights than straights these days. You think a straight male having to fend off a sexual advance from a gay male is funny? You think it says something about the male if he is unable to fend it off? Thats the classic "he/she had it coming" argument. You think your matcho cause you forced girls to second base, but not third?
    'Forced to put your son in this position'???? Seriously??? I didn't realize the scouts drafted poor innocent hetro boys! damn their eyes!

    What the hell are you talking about, gays have more rights???? Try marriage, adoption, taxes... get real.

    Now you seem to think gay guys just 'put the moves on' just any ol' hetro kid they see? Again seriously??!!

    When i tried to round second I had met the girl, spoke to the girl, charmed the girl to accept a date and THEN in a quiet spot she agreed to go to 'put the moves on' her.

    So thinking if your boy likes being chatted up by a gay kid, accepts a date, goes to a somewhat secluded spot and THEN gets felt up...

    are you sure the boy is not at least bi-curious?

    To think a gay scout who is in good standing would try and rape a fellow scout sure speaks ill of the Scouting program.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •