View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 169 of 211 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1681
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Come on CC, this is undisputable.......Just take one look at the priests and who they abused......It was almost all boys.......There may have been a few straight pedophiles molested girls but not that many


    Its really funny how people from the left do not wish to debate the topic of the thread (not you CC).......They continue to move it off topic....well I am done here unless we can stay on topic......You people can talk about anything you want on this threadypu won't get a peep from me unless it is the topic of the thread..
    Again, a man abusing a boy doesn't not necessarily mean the man is gay.

  2. #1682
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Of course, because you've entered backwards world. Or.. maybe there are just not as many bigots as you thought. Navy, how many people pull their kids out of public schools because of open gays? Virtually none. Same with camp. Maybe 5% of people are worried about catching the gay, but 5% of people will believe absolutely anything so that doesn't really count.

    I agree and I would not take mine out of school if there were openly gay students.........your point is?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1683
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpetty View Post
    Why do we have a mens restroom and a womens rest room? The lines have become so crossed and skewed that the reasons dont really matter anymore. It used to be that they were seperated so the guy cant get a peek and the girl and vice versa. Only now, the gay guy can go into the mens restroom and take peeks all he wants. Frankly it makes me uncomfortable to be in a restroom with a gay guy for that very reason. I feel the same way about sending my son to scout camp with a gay scout or scout leader because i dont want my son having to worry about sexual advances from another man. I wouldnt let my daughter go sleep in a tent with a straight boy for the same reason, makes perfect sense to me. As far as gays in scouting, i see no reason why they should be banned, but i also see no problem with them forming their own troops.
    How are you hurt by somebody looking at you?

  4. #1684
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In closing I would like to say that it is amazing the results of this thread when you compare it to mainstream USA....Its 180 out.
    Most of the posters here are above average...
    A "mainstream" poll about these things does not exist..
    Mainstream, IMO - look but do not touch - "looking", by all, is a fact of life....and thinking cannot be controlled.

  5. #1685
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    Again, a man abusing a boy doesn't not necessarily mean the man is gay.
    If he only abuses boys it does to me.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1686
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,371

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post

    I agree and I would not take mine out of school if there were openly gay students.........your point is?
    What's the difference between camp and school? You know, one can catch the gay in math as easily as at a bonefire with marshmellows.

  7. #1687
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Most of the posters here are above average...
    A "mainstream" poll about these things does not exist..
    Mainstream, IMO - look but do not touch - "looking", by all, is a fact of life....and thinking cannot be controlled.

    Most of the posters here are far left or far right and mostly far left.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #1688
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What's the difference between camp and school? You know, one can catch the gay in math as easily as at a bonefire with marshmellows.
    In school you don't have to sleep with the gay kids.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #1689
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Come on CC, this is undisputable.......Just take one look at the priests and who they abused......It was almost all boys.......There may have been a few straight pedophiles molested girls but not that many


    Its really funny how people from the left do not wish to debate the topic of the thread (not you CC).......They continue to move it off topic....well I am done here unless we can stay on topic......You people can talk about anything you want on this threadypu won't get a peep from me unless it is the topic of the thread..
    I don't think the priests are guy when they molest boys.

    People protect their daughters and tell them to say something if they are touched. People don't do the same with boys.

    It is just that boys are available and girls are not. At that young age there isn't much difference between the two.

  10. #1690
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What's the difference between camp and school? You know, one can catch the gay in math as easily as at a bonefire with marshmellows.
    I would says the sleeping and the private area inside the tents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •