View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1651
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    No, I most certainly don't know everything. There is no "God," (that I've seen evidence for at least) so obviously I don't know why he/she/it does things. I simply think people should have a better reason for believing something than "a character in a book said so." As far as me only antagonizing, that's not true. I stated my opinion and discussed my reasoning with wolfie.
    Well, I'm not wolfie bro. I don't read every post you put in a thread.
    As far as God goes, those that claim they know why He does everthing He does are the most dangerous people on earth IMO. Why? Because they can get new and naive believers to do whatever they want. I will never claim to know everything.
    Sometimes we follow the rules without fully understanding the reason the rule is in place. We do it everyday in society. I don't understand why you have such a hard time understanding a Christian doing the same. Maybe it's more that you don't want to understand.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #1652
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Well, I'm not wolfie bro. I don't read every post you put in a thread.
    As far as God goes, those that claim they know why He does everthing He does are the most dangerous people on earth IMO. Why? Because they can get new and naive believers to do whatever they want. I will never claim to know everything.
    Sometimes we follow the rules without fully understanding the reason the rule is in place. We do it everyday in society. I don't understand why you have such a hard time understanding a Christian doing the same. Maybe it's more that you don't want to understand.
    I didn't say you were wolfie "bro." I said I'm not just here to antagonize.

    I have never claimed to know everything either. I can't quite tell in this post, are you saying I claim to know why God does everything? I'm guessing no, since I don't believe in a god/gods. If you're talking about yourself, well I'm not asking you to say you know why your God does what he does. I'm asking you to give a reason for calling something a sin other than positing some perfect being, that we have no object proof of, and saying "he said so."

    I agree we sometimes follow the rules without full understanding them, but I've not seen ANY reason given in the Bible for homosexuality being a sin. Plus, in your case, you seem to have no problem with gay marriage. Is that not a sin? Does the Bible not say that marriage is between a man and a woman? I honestly don't know for sure if it does, but some people have claimed as such. Why do you ignore that? Do you have a reason for being OK with gay marriage (where they'll likely have lots of gay sex), since I don't think God said gay marriage should be allowed?

  3. #1653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Well, I'm not wolfie bro. I don't read every post you put in a thread.
    As far as God goes, those that claim they know why He does everthing He does are the most dangerous people on earth IMO. Why? Because they can get new and naive believers to do whatever they want. I will never claim to know everything.
    Sometimes we follow the rules without fully understanding the reason the rule is in place. We do it everyday in society. I don't understand why you have such a hard time understanding a Christian doing the same. Maybe it's more that you don't want to understand.
    I am a Wiccan..I do not believe in ''God''..

    I believe we have an inborn reasoning of what is right and what is wrong..

    I have studied the Bible..Torah..Koran...and it seems to me that religions take out the bits that suit their cause..and ignore the rest..

    Th Wiccans philosophy is ''do the best you can..help people..love people, nature and trust our instincts''

    More evil has been done in the name of the ''Church'' than for any other reason..every war...every inhumanity..

    Besides..when I go into a church..it makes my skin crawl...smells like a funeral directors...there is no joy..no happiness...just depression..

  4. #1654
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Would you let your son post on the internet if there were openly gay people there?
    I would. I would encourage them to do so. Gay people are usually more intelligent, imo.

  5. #1655
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I would. I would encourage them to do so. Gay people are usually more intelligent, imo.
    Do you honestly think that a gay man would be talking to your son about the Pyramids..Meaning of life...without bringing his sexuality into it...

  6. #1656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Do you honestly think that a gay man would be talking to your son about the Pyramids..Meaning of life...without bringing his sexuality into it...
    Of course.

    Are you insinuating that gays are pedofiles?

  7. #1657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Of course.

    Are you insinuating that gays are pedofiles?
    Nope..but I would not like my son to post or receive posts from an openly homosexual guy..

    I would be watching like a hawk...

    Ever heard of grooming??...

    Why would an adult male want to talk to a child???

  8. #1658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Nope..but I would not like my son to post or receive posts from an openly homosexual guy..

    I would be watching like a hawk...

    Ever heard of grooming??...

    Why would an adult male want to talk to a child???
    You mean you don't talk to children? I do. I love children!

  9. #1659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay memb

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You mean you don't talk to children? I do. I love children!
    I love children too!!

    I talk to children when they are with their mothers..or a guardian...I do not talk to children on-line....

  10. #1660
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    I didn't say you were wolfie "bro." I said I'm not just here to antagonize.

    I have never claimed to know everything either. I can't quite tell in this post, are you saying I claim to know why God does everything? I'm guessing no, since I don't believe in a god/gods. If you're talking about yourself, well I'm not asking you to say you know why your God does what he does. I'm asking you to give a reason for calling something a sin other than positing some perfect being, that we have no object proof of, and saying "he said so."

    I agree we sometimes follow the rules without full understanding them, but I've not seen ANY reason given in the Bible for homosexuality being a sin. Plus, in your case, you seem to have no problem with gay marriage. Is that not a sin? Does the Bible not say that marriage is between a man and a woman? I honestly don't know for sure if it does, but some people have claimed as such. Why do you ignore that? Do you have a reason for being OK with gay marriage (where they'll likely have lots of gay sex), since I don't think God said gay marriage should be allowed?
    I never said I didn't have a problem with gay marriage. I have a problem with the gov't dictating gay marriage. I don't think they should be in the business of dictating what we do in our personal lives. I also don't believe I should be able to make others do anything just because I believe it. I do believe gay marriage is wrong however.
    As far as where the Bible says it's wrong, this is the most direct passage in the Bible about it:
    Romans 1:26-27
    26 For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •