View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 159 of 211 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1581
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: d you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    Anything resembling evidence for that claim?

    To the fear expressed earlier that gay men are predatory, and suspect because they want to work with children, by that logic any man is just as great a potential threat.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #1582
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: d you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Anything resembling evidence for that claim?
    You didn't notice the big font, M.S.?

    It has to be true if a poster uses great big letters.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #1583
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    Maybe they just feel bad for a child being raised by a bigot?
    Explain why I'm a bigot. Because I believe differently than you? I don't support DOMA. I support homosexual's right to be married. I don't believe homosexuals should have any less rights than a heterosexual person does. I don't teach my son to hate anyone due to a sin they commit (no matter what it is) because, just like everyone, he is a sinner. So am I. As I've said earlier in the thread, a thread that you have obviously failed to read thoroughly, I don't just protect my son from homosexuality as much as I can. I protect him from every sin I possibly can. Just because my personal beliefs disagree with homosexuality doesn't mean I think my beliefs should be projected upon others, unlike yourself. You believe anyone who disagrees with your point of view as someone who should be called a name, shamed, and ignored. So who's the bigot?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #1584
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    As a mother...I would have to disagree..my job is to keep my children away from potential danger..I perceive gay men as predatory..why else would they want to work with small boys??

    I would not leave a baby in a room with a dog either..be it a poodle..a rottweiller..they are all basically wolves..
    Would you also consider a woman that volunteers to work with a group of young boys to be predatory? Plus, they'd be a pretty horrible predator if they openly announced they were gay while still having plans to molest little boys. It doesn't make sense. Most men that molest boys aren't gay (or at least they claim to be straight...one can never know for sure).

  5. #1585
    Professor
    afr0byte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A blue state
    Last Seen
    09-12-13 @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Explain why I'm a bigot. Because I believe differently than you? I don't support DOMA. I support homosexual's right to be married. I don't believe homosexuals should have any less rights than a heterosexual person does. I don't teach my son to hate anyone due to a sin they commit (no matter what it is) because, just like everyone, he is a sinner. So am I. As I've said earlier in the thread, a thread that you have obviously failed to read thoroughly, I don't just protect my son from homosexuality as much as I can. I protect him from every sin I possibly can. Just because my personal beliefs disagree with homosexuality doesn't mean I think my beliefs should be projected upon others, unlike yourself. You believe anyone who disagrees with your point of view as someone who should be called a name, shamed, and ignored. So who's the bigot?
    You're a bigot for calling homosexuality a sin. It occurs naturally in nature, people can't choose to be gay no more than they can choose to be black. It's not because you disagree with me.

  6. #1586
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: d you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    It's so interesting that people are worried about that kind of thing with gay men. I doubt most people would assume a woman is interested in young boys if she were to be a counselor at a boy scout camp.
    Whats funny is people rarely get up in arms about straight male girl scout leaders.

  7. #1587
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: d you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    What else would it be then...wanting to pass on their macho skills???

    And I never claimed that they may have an attraction to little boys..(your words!!)
    Umm you did claim they may have an attraction to little boys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Because they may not be interested in what the girl scouts do and may be more interested in what the boy scouts do.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Or not interested in girl scouts??
    That suggests that you think they would be interested in boy scouts themselves. But lets say you dont believe that. Then why would you care why a gay man would like to be a boy scout leader?

    And to answer your first question probably for the same reason straight men want to be boy scout leaders. I remember Clax explaining why he is a boy scout leader.

  8. #1588
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    No, you're certainly free to raise your kid to be as intolerant as you, that's your freedom. Just realize that you're a dinosaur and your kid will be one of the odd ones out in his generation.
    Liberals say the same of libertarianism. Maybe you should change your political beliefs? Don't you see that you sound just like a progressive/socialist here? Yes, I raise my child to be intolerant of being around what I believe, and he believes, is wrong. That doesn't mean I teach him to be hateful. There is a difference. A huge one. That is the common misconception of people such as yourself. You equate intolerance with hatred. My son is taught to love all people. That doesn't mean he should tell anyone their sin is okay. Just like I wouldn't expect them to do to him or me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Your position wouldn't even make since if you were consistent about it, but you're not. Your kid still goes to school, still watches TV, and still uses the internet.
    Read bro. Read the whole thread. Not just the last few pages. My statement was, I will keep him away from as much as I can. I can't keep him home from school. That is where his strength as a Christian and hopefully my and my wife's parenting kicks in. I can keep him away from the camp mentioned in the OP. He doesn't watch anything on TV unless I preview it. He doesn't get on the internet at all. Other than to look at various educational websites that my wife and I have already looked at. That's called real parenting. Not doing what you apparently think a parent should do which is stick him in front of the TV/computer and let him fend for himself.
    That's why our nation is degrading morally as is, and I'm not talking about homosexuality. I'm talking morality in general. Parents believe that the TV/computer is a built in babysitter and allow their kids to watch or look at whatever the kid feels like. Maybe you are a much larger part of the problem than I will ever be. Sure, my kid might not approve of homosexuality when he grows older. But I'd much rather have that than what you will apparently allow your kid to do which is be numb to grotesque violence, promiscous sex (no matter the gender), offensive language, and have a huge deficit in social skills. Is this you or am I just jumping to conclusions due to your apparent lack of supervision of what your kid (or future kid) watches on TV/the internet? A child isn't exposed to anything you don't want him to be on those two sources if he's supervised properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    All of this is jam packed with sin. I'm just sad for him that he'll probably inherit your intolerance instead of learning to be a real christian by loving sinners anyway, as your boy Jesus taught. I don't remember Jesus hiding from sinners. Pretty hard to preach to sinners when you refuse to be around them.
    You're right, Jesus didn't hide from sinners. He was also God personified and perfect. My 7 year old is not. I am not going to teach him to hate anyone. I am going to teach him to do his best to keep himself away from situations he shouldn't be in, the same I would hope you do with your child (assuming you have one). Isn't that what you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You're a hypocrite.
    And you're a fascist. I think you need to change your lean. It is very dishonest.
    Last edited by MarineTpartier; 02-16-13 at 05:29 PM.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #1589
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    As a mother...I would have to disagree..my job is to keep my children away from potential danger..I perceive gay men as predatory..why else would they want to work with small boys??

    I would not leave a baby in a room with a dog either..be it a poodle..a rottweiller..they are all basically wolves..
    Didnt you just get done saying this?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    And I never claimed that they may have an attraction to little boys..(your words!!)

  10. #1590
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by afr0byte View Post
    You're a bigot for calling homosexuality a sin. It occurs naturally in nature, people can't choose to be gay no more than they can choose to be black. It's not because you disagree with me.
    I didn't call it a sin. The Bible does. I believe the Bible so therefore I believe it is a sin.
    As far as it occuring naturally in nature, I don't know the answer to that. I tend to believe that yes, people are born with a tendency to be gay. The same as you can be born with the tendency to be athletic, addictive, etc. However, not everyone who is born athletic is an athlete and not everyone born addictive is addicted to something. I think it can be resisted. However, I am not gay and I can't speak to what it would feel like to have to resist it. I know books have been written about Christians who do so. So, I will state that those are my opinions and not fact.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •