View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 126 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1251
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Honestly, I think it's very poor debate to tell someone they can't belong to x religion or denomination because of how they live. If someone says they have Catholic faith then they are Catholic. You can think they are wrong in their theology and argue that, but it's poor form to say that someone else isn't what they claim to be because you disagree on an issue.

    I know 2 ex gay Christians that struggle with same sex attractions. They are Christian.

    I know an openly gay Mormon, I'm not going to say that he isn't a Mormon because he is gay and the Mormon church tends to be pretty strong against homosexuality.

    I know a gay Evangelical Christian. I would never say that he isn't an Evangelical Christian because he lives an openly homosexual lifestyle.

    I can have opinions about their theology and if they are right or wrong, but I would never disrespect them and go so low as to tell them they aren't Christians, Mormons, or anything else.
    As I have said over and over again, gays can be members of the Catholic Church we are taught to hate the sin but love the sinner and sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin whether your straight or gay. The church has certain requirements......You are required to confess your sins unless you don't have any and the only person that fits that description is Jesus Christ. You are required to attend mass on Sundays and holy days.....If you don't then its a mortal sin. Its not easy to be a Catholic but those are the facts.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1252
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    yet I haven't been, so it's good you're absolutely wrong.
    You don't follow the precepts of the church.....You have been but you don't know it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1253
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    As I have said over and over again, gays can be members of the Catholic Church we are taught to hate the sin but love the sinner and sex outside of marriage is a mortal sin whether your straight or gay. The church has certain requirements......You are required to confess your sins unless you don't have any and the only person that fits that description is Jesus Christ. You are required to attend mass on Sundays and holy days.....If you don't then its a mortal sin. Its not easy to be a Catholic but those are the facts.
    So how you coming on supporting your claims with sources NP? Still trying to dodge, hoping no one realizes you posted lies?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1254
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    It is at best laughable that as we age we suddently find religion and like a student cram studying for a final we become very intense in going to church.

    And all that stuff we did when we were young is just swept underneath the carpet.

    Cram,, cram,, cram.

  5. #1255
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You don't follow the precepts of the church.....You have been but you don't know it.
    Nope, you are not excommunicated for that, sorry.

  6. #1256
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Nope, you are not excommunicated for that, sorry.
    Why would you say that.......Do you have any idea how many Mortal sins you have on your soul?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #1257
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So how you coming on supporting your claims with sources NP? Still trying to dodge, hoping no one realizes you posted lies?
    knowledge cannot be beaten by ignorance, some people refuse to allow knowledge to beat there ignorance.

  8. #1258
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why would you say that.......Do you have any idea how many Mortal sins you have on your soul?
    As far as I know, none.

  9. #1259
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    It is at best laughable that as we age we suddently find religion and like a student cram studying for a final we become very intense in going to church.

    And all that stuff we did when we were young is just swept underneath the carpet.

    Cram,, cram,, cram.
    If that is for me I was baptized Catholic in my first year of life......I also attended Catholic School for 12 years...........Its true I was much more Liberal when I was young but as I grew older and wiser I became much more Conservative especially after I married and had a family......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #1260
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    As far as I know, none.
    when is the last time you went to mass, went to confession, slept with your boyfriend?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •