View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 125 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I clearly explained why I would not send my son to a camp with gay counselors. I do my best not expose my son to anything, not just homosexuality, that is against our faith. If you cannot understand my reason, that is your problem, not mine. But it is my belief, my son, I have every right to believe it, and if you don't like it don't read my post. One would think that a person whose lean suggests that they believe the same things that the most tolerant political party in the country believes could understand that. However, its apparent that your lean of "libertarian" is evidenced at your convenience and when someone shares your beliefs with you. That my friend, is called a fascist.

    You sir, brought the Bible into the forum, not me. You claim to know what the Bible says. You act as though you can explain my faith to me. So my point is explain what you think you know about the Bible and my faith to everyone or keep your mouth shut about others personal convictions.
    He claims he is a Catholic yet he does not go to mass, does not confess his sins and he doesn't believe the pope is the leader of the catholic church nor does he believe that sex ouside of marriage is a mortal sin in the eyes of the church.
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-10-13 at 10:20 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1242
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    I dont really think too people mistake NPs arguments as well reasoned. But hey do what you want.
    it is a debate forum I am debating.

  3. #1243
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He claims he is a Catholic yet he does not go to mass, does not confess his sins and he doesn't believe the pope is the leader of the catholic npor does he believe that sex ouside of marriage is a mortal sin in the eyes of the church.
    yet I was confirmed, that means I'm Catholic for this to my life. take it up with the Vatican if you don't like it, just for your lack of knowledge check out this link.

    Confirmation in the Catholic Church

    I'm married Biblically speaking.

  4. #1244
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    yet I was confirmed, that means I'm Catholic for this to my life. take it up with the Vatican if you don't like it, just for your lack of knowledge check out this link.

    Confirmation in the Catholic Church

    I'm married Biblically speaking.
    How can you be a catholic when you don't follow the teachings of the Catholic Church???

    Oh and I was confirmed in the 4th grade at the age of 9.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1245
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How can you be a catholic when you don't follow the teachings of the Catholic Church???

    Oh and I was confirmed in the 4th grade at the age of 9.
    Because I was confirmed, once you are confirmed, you are Catholic. that's the definition of being Catholic. did you not look at the link, it's from a Catholic group. ask your priest next Sunday.

    I was confirmed when I was 14 I was altar boy for five years. my dad is a decon.

  6. #1246
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    NP reality trumps your delusion. now if you don't think I'm Catholic I am okay with that, but the Vatican thinks I am, being that they are the ultimate decider on my Catholicness, I feel I am correct in my assessment.

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: d you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No I was waiting for Redress to post it.
    Say, Redress, care to re post my link so that NP can read it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #1248
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Honestly, I think it's very poor debate to tell someone they can't belong to x religion or denomination because of how they live. If someone says they have Catholic faith then they are Catholic. You can think they are wrong in their theology and argue that, but it's poor form to say that someone else isn't what they claim to be because you disagree on an issue.

    I know 2 ex gay Christians that struggle with same sex attractions. They are Christian.

    I know an openly gay Mormon, I'm not going to say that he isn't a Mormon because he is gay and the Mormon church tends to be pretty strong against homosexuality.

    I know a gay Evangelical Christian. I would never say that he isn't an Evangelical Christian because he lives an openly homosexual lifestyle.

    I can have opinions about their theology and if they are right or wrong, but I would never disrespect them and go so low as to tell them they aren't Christians, Mormons, or anything else.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #1249
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Because I was confirmed, once you are confirmed, you are Catholic. that's the definition of being Catholic. did you not look at the link, it's from a Catholic group. ask your priest next Sunday.

    I was confirmed when I was 14 I was altar boy for five years. my dad is a decon.
    Wrong again, many Catholics have been Ex Communicated for beliefs like yours.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #1250
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Wrong again, many Catholics have been Ex Communicated for beliefs like yours.
    yet I haven't been, so it's good you're absolutely wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •