View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 109 of 211 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1081
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but there are 11 and 12 year old girls out there who have breasts and hips.
    Hate to break it to you but there are some even younger than that with breasties. Some say it is the hormones in the food, and others have blamed all the red meat people eat. IDK, but it won't be long until little girls get their training bras before they get their training pants.

  2. #1082
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The difference in you and I my far left friend is I care about my young sons.
    My brother was gay, did my parents not care about me because they let my gay brother live with us? I know, he's my brother, but don't you know the gays love to sleep with children, especially if they are family members? And dogs too. You know so much about those gays.

    I mean, this is ridiculous. There are so many other things that could occupy your mind. My older brother being gay didn't affect anything other than my enjoyment for musical theater. If you look at the typical circumstances under which a child is molested, it takes place over a pretty long period of time where the perpetrator gradually gets to the point of taking advantage. We shouldn't be worrying about summer camps and playgrounds.

    Trusting your kids could actually decrease the odds of something horrific happening, too. Because they'll tell you if something bad happens. If they don't trust you, they'll feel alone. So being overly protective and paranoid isn't a good methodology IMHO.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #1083
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How would people even know if someone is gay or not, especially a child. It's not like they go around wearing a sign or something. Most people probably wouldn't even know.
    didn't you know, gay people grow horns, if their men they get really good looking. if their women they drive dump trucks. does that get over there skin turns purple.

    these are highly infectious people beware if in the proximity of them and you are not aware of it you will begin to want to work out, be in shape. you'll be obsessed with the rainbow flags and before you know it you'll be gay don't worry, there's a pride parade near you.

  4. #1084
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK and your point is?
    My point is that a man having sex with a young boy does not necessarily make him a "gay pedophile". Pedophiles are attracted primarily to age not sex. In order for him to be considered "gay" he would have to be primarily attracted to males. You seem to assume that homosexual sex equates to a homosexual orientation. That is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My point is that a man having sex with a young boy does not necessarily make him a "gay pedophile". Pedophiles are attracted primarily to age not sex. In order for him to be considered "gay" he would have to be primarily attracted to males. You seem to assume that homosexual sex equates to a homosexual orientation. That is not the case.
    99% of the priest were attracted to boys.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #1086
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    My brother was gay, did my parents not care about me because they let my gay brother live with us? I know, he's my brother, but don't you know the gays love to sleep with children, especially if they are family members? And dogs too. You know so much about those gays.

    I mean, this is ridiculous. There are so many other things that could occupy your mind. My older brother being gay didn't affect anything other than my enjoyment for musical theater. If you look at the typical circumstances under which a child is molested, it takes place over a pretty long period of time where the perpetrator gradually gets to the point of taking advantage. We shouldn't be worrying about summer camps and playgrounds.

    Trusting your kids could actually decrease the odds of something horrific happening, too. Because they'll tell you if something bad happens. If they don't trust you, they'll feel alone. So being overly protective and paranoid isn't a good methodology IMHO.
    you bring up a very interesting point. if you sit around and tell your boy about how bad and wrong it is to be gay if a man does sexually assault him he may feel too ashamed to say something. Choice or no choice he was forced into homo sexual acts.

    to any parents don't do that to your kids.

  7. #1087
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    99% of the priest were attracted to boys.
    and you brought up your boys in a Catholic Church? now that's excellent parenting,

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    My brother was gay, did my parents not care about me because they let my gay brother live with us? I know, he's my brother, but don't you know the gays love to sleep with children, especially if they are family members? And dogs too. You know so much about those gays.

    I mean, this is ridiculous. There are so many other things that could occupy your mind. My older brother being gay didn't affect anything other than my enjoyment for musical theater. If you look at the typical circumstances under which a child is molested, it takes place over a pretty long period of time where the perpetrator gradually gets to the point of taking advantage. We shouldn't be worrying about summer camps and playgrounds.

    Trusting your kids could actually decrease the odds of something horrific happening, too. Because they'll tell you if something bad happens. If they don't trust you, they'll feel alone. So being overly protective and paranoid isn't a good methodology IMHO.

    Come on my left wing friend we are talking about 10 and 11 year boys at a very impressable state.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #1089
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    To me the same rules apply even more if they are lesbians. My daughter never belonged to the GS so I never had to worry about that.
    You really think that my aunt and uncle are putting their kids in danger when they get me to babysit them? Because if you do that is just ****ed up.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #1090
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    99% of the priest were attracted to boys.
    Navy, why are you making up that statistic? You do realize that lying is a sin, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •