View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 102 of 211 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1011
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,207

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's why I don't go to church, I'm rather religious, but I don't want organized religion to be a part of my life.
    I don't either, lest I get tied up in being Catholic verses a follower of God.

  2. #1012
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How is this a bait question? Because gay people exist, and we aren't going away, nor should our lives be negatively effect because some people think how we were born is wrong. You say you don't want your kid around gay people who aren't in the closet, but in order for that to be, then they have to lie, and you said you don't want your kids around liars either. So which would you rather have, them being around gay people, or liars? Or will you stop this nonsense about being scared of gay people? Because we don't harm children, and are normal ****ing people, and if you can't see that, well that is your problem.
    It's a bait question because you know as well as I do why I don't want my son around gay people, liars, etc. Because my son is a Christian and we teach him Christian values. If you don't want to accept that, that is your problem.
    It's a bait question because it's a fallacy. Being "in the closet" isn't something I can see that someone is lying about. How do I know if a guy is gay but has a wife, children, etc that portrays him as a heterosexual? I don't. You know that as well as I do. So, if a guy is hiding something and hasn't been caught doing so, he isn't a liar until he is caught doing it. Correct? How can I call a guy a liar if I don't know he's lying?
    Why do you care if my son isn't around gay people? Does that hurt you? Does that somehow infringe upon your rights? No, it does not. I will raise my son they way I want to raise my son. You can be heterosexual, homosexual, transexual, or whatever else there is if you want to be. But don't expect me to subject my son to your choices if I don't want to. As it is, I do not want to. Therefore, I will not be sending him to a camp with openly gay counselors. Simple as that.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #1013
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    It's a bait question because you know as well as I do why I don't want my son around gay people, liars, etc. Because my son is a Christian and we teach him Christian values. If you don't want to accept that, that is your problem.
    It's a bait question because it's a fallacy. Being "in the closet" isn't something I can see that someone is lying about. How do I know if a guy is gay but has a wife, children, etc that portrays him as a heterosexual? I don't. You know that as well as I do. So, if a guy is hiding something and hasn't been caught doing so, he isn't a liar until he is caught doing it. Correct? How can I call a guy a liar if I don't know he's lying?
    Why do you care if my son isn't around gay people? Does that hurt you? Does that somehow infringe upon your rights? No, it does not. I will raise my son they way I want to raise my son. You can be heterosexual, homosexual, transexual, or whatever else there is if you want to be. But don't expect me to subject my son to your choices if I don't want to. As it is, I do not want to. Therefore, I will not be sending him to a camp with openly gay counselors. Simple as that.
    Well your values are ****ed up, that's all I'm saying.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #1014
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Well your values are ****ed up, that's all I'm saying.
    And his values are the norm... All of us want to live and let live but don't keep trying to push the gay lifesyle down our throats because we will fight that.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1015
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And his values are the norm... All of us want to live and let live but don't keep trying to push the gay lifesyle down our throats because we will fight that.
    You have been shown that they are not the norm.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #1016
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,207

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    It's a bait question because you know as well as I do why I don't want my son around gay people, liars, etc. Because my son is a Christian and we teach him Christian values. If you don't want to accept that, that is your problem.
    It's a bait question because it's a fallacy. Being "in the closet" isn't something I can see that someone is lying about. How do I know if a guy is gay but has a wife, children, etc that portrays him as a heterosexual? I don't. You know that as well as I do. So, if a guy is hiding something and hasn't been caught doing so, he isn't a liar until he is caught doing it. Correct? How can I call a guy a liar if I don't know he's lying?
    Why do you care if my son isn't around gay people? Does that hurt you? Does that somehow infringe upon your rights? No, it does not. I will raise my son they way I want to raise my son. You can be heterosexual, homosexual, transexual, or whatever else there is if you want to be. But don't expect me to subject my son to your choices if I don't want to. As it is, I do not want to. Therefore, I will not be sending him to a camp with openly gay counselors. Simple as that.
    so it's very Christian to teach your kid to be afraid of gay people because they might get you and then you would be gay.

    yeah I don't know where that's written in the Bible

  7. #1017
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,207

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And his values are the norm... All of us want to live and let live but don't keep trying to push the gay lifesyle down our throats because we will fight that.
    they're not the norm though, there increasingly becoming less normal. most people on the planet realize proximity to gays doesn't really have an effect on someone who's not gay.

    of course other than to take a very Christian approach and not alienate people.

    so basically the values your teaching are to shun and alienate people? boy I wish I'd see some biblical support for that, because I seem to remember Jesus saying that that's a sin. but what does the Bible know apparently Christ has been reborn as the poster known as Navy pride.

  8. #1018
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK I reworded my post and I apologize if I offended anyone with my last poll.......I am and old country boy and sometimes the meaning is not what I meant....I really would like to know how the members of the forum feel about this issue.
    assuming they are law abiding people just as the relevant straight folk who cares? I had gay friends in college and gay guy assigned to my suite as One L. I didn't worry about him-he knew I and the other guy was straight and we all got along fine. It wasn't like he'd ogle us in the shower. In fact he went out of his way to avoid doing anything that could remotely be called "gay" around us. My kid-to the best of my knowledge is straight (he's too young to date) and he isn't afraid of gays.



  9. #1019
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    assuming they are law abiding people just as the relevant straight folk who cares? I had gay friends in college and gay guy assigned to my suite as One L. I didn't worry about him-he knew I and the other guy was straight and we all got along fine. It wasn't like he'd ogle us in the shower. In fact he went out of his way to avoid doing anything that could remotely be called "gay" around us. My kid-to the best of my knowledge is straight (he's too young to date) and he isn't afraid of gays.
    I don't know anyone afraid of them......I just don't want my 10 and 11 year olds sleeping in very close quarters with other openly gay boys.....If you have no problem with that when your kid reaches that age that is your problem
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #1020
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And his values are the norm... All of us want to live and let live but don't keep trying to push the gay lifestyle down our throats because we will fight that.
    I for one, hope and pray that his values are NOT the norm..
    At the camp, if NO ONE is pushing lifestyles....and I doubt if anyone is...then, my child is off to camp..
    Sensitivity is prime here, if, in front of adults, the homosexuals can do their thing...I will not watch, it is none of my business.
    But, heaven hope those who do anything "perverted" in front of my children..
    And anyone can do off the wall things , abnormal practices.......there is a place and time....
    as I say
    sensitivity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •