View Poll Results: is turkey your ally ?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes ,strong ally

    12 48.00%
  • no ,not ally

    5 20.00%
  • l dont care

    5 20.00%
  • others

    6 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: is turkey your ally ?

  1. #41
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    I think the problem I see with a lot of American is a general description of all people in the Middle East. They don't differentiate Turkish people from Jordanian, Syrian, or Lebanese. The use the broad description for all and just call them Arabs. They even call Iranians Arab which is a misnomer that they hate.

    Hell, half the people don't even understand that Istanbul used to be Constantinople.

    Turkey has been key for us with military operations and so forth.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    this thread is not about secularism .l had to mention it because another user mentioned it before.


    you dont have to ,but you can .

    the members of congress and president can swear to god in congress sittings too

    your secularism is different from ours.
    This thread is about USA and Turkey relations, and the subject naturally partially hinges on the Islamism of the party currently in power. I doubt you are ignorant of this matter. It came up, as you must have expected.

    You have an opportunity to discuss differences toward mutual understanding. Take it or leave it.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    This thread is about USA and Turkey relations, and the subject naturally partially hinges on the Islamism of the party currently in power. I doubt you are ignorant of this matter. It came up, as you must have expected.

    You have an opportunity to discuss differences toward mutual understanding. Take it or leave it.
    show me why l am ignorant ?
    please............


    usa differs from france and turkey in different understandings of secularism

    you must be ignorant.......
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Turkey is largely irrelevant. It is marginally easier to get along with them over invade them. That is about as far as most of us care.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    I think the problem I see with a lot of American is a general description of all people in the Middle East. They don't differentiate Turkish people from Jordanian, Syrian, or Lebanese. The use the broad description for all and just call them Arabs. They even call Iranians Arab which is a misnomer that they hate.

    Hell, half the people don't even understand that Istanbul used to be Constantinople.

    Turkey has been key for us with military operations and so forth.
    Don't make me post the They Might Be Giants video again.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Turkey is largely irrelevant. It is marginally easier to get along with them over invade them. That is about as far as most of us care.
    is turkey worthless ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    is turkey worthless ?
    Low value to us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Low value to us.
    you seem more like a neo con to me right now



    no no

    worse than neo con .(
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #49
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    you seem more like a neo con to me right now
    Except that I am nothing like a neocon.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: is turkey your ally ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except that I am nothing like a neocon.
    worse than that
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •