View Poll Results: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 68.87%
  • No

    33 31.13%
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 628

Thread: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?[W:57]

  1. #81
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    If someone doesn't want to serve in combat, joining the military is a pretty stupid decision.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #82
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In my 21 years in the military I have never heard of one person be they man or woman who wanted to serve in combat.
    Considering your willful blinder-wearing view of the world, I have no doubt that you have never come across such a person.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #83
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If someone doesn't want to serve in combat, joining the military is a pretty stupid decision.
    Totally agree that it is stupid, but it does happen. Back in the first Iraq war there were many well-publicized cases where people complained that they only joined the military to get the college benefits and they never thought anything would actually happen.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #84
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    at 16 they really don't have a clue about combat and as they are men they will find out unlike a woman who can decide for herself.......
    Speaking as if they didn't speak to some veterans before joining.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  5. #85
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Totally agree that it is stupid, but it does happen. Back in the first Iraq war there were many well-publicized cases where people complained that they only joined the military to get the college benefits and they never thought anything would actually happen.
    I've never been one to underestimate the unbridled stupidity of some people, so it's bound to happen. But I'm also optimistic enough to assume that most of those who sign up are at least aware of what being in the military means.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #86
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I've never been one to underestimate the unbridled stupidity of some people, so it's bound to happen. But I'm also optimistic enough to assume that most of those who sign up are at least aware of what being in the military means.
    Most, no doubt. The one's who did complain, I believe, were actually a very small minority. Unfortunately, the media thrives on that kind of stuff, so they were also a loud small minority.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Totally agree that it is stupid, but it does happen. Back in the first Iraq war there were many well-publicized cases where people complained that they only joined the military to get the college benefits and they never thought anything would actually happen.
    l am glad they didnt want to die for little kuwait
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #88
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The women that go into combat choose to do so...........the men don't have a choice..............do you think that might be a double standard?
    Just what the hell are you talking about. Troops of any stripe don't get a daily menu put in front of them in the morning and get told "well for today's menu we have combat, and REMF duty. Please check one off."
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well NP, that's because you served in the blue-side navy.
    No it isn't. I knew people who wanted to serve in combat, with a close friend who was working hard to make it into the SEAL program.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    May they rest in peace indeed. But they "fought in combat" no more or less than people in the world trade center did on 9/11, or people in the Oklahoma City Federal building did in that bombing.
    Way to piss on their sacrifice. Well done.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •