View Poll Results: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 68.87%
  • No

    33 31.13%
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 628

Thread: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?[W:57]

  1. #491
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    That's ambiguous and doesn't offer anything valid on this subject.
    They are moving forward regardless. I simply think this would be a better first step. Not only that, it should have been done a long time ago.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) it was the basis of the discussion so many have jumped in on. He claimed it was that history that made the test o valid.

    2) what I question is if the pt test measures that or any other actual needed skill.

    3) then we are in agreement.
    1) Who's "he"? That doesn't take away from the fact that hearsay would be no reason for the military to spend all kinds of time and money to do unnecessary things. I'm pretty sure they are the experts and they already KNOW what it takes to be a soldier, how prepared they have to be, etc. We have already heard from several posters who are military members. They're first-hand accounts hold more weight than your second or third or whatever-hand accounts. Sorry.

    2) Who are YOU to question? See number 1 above.

    3) Lol. Never!

  3. #493
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    1) Who's "he"? That doesn't take away from the fact that hearsay would be no reason for the military to spend all kinds of time and money to do unnecessary things. I'm pretty sure they are the experts and they already KNOW what it takes to be a soldier, how prepared they have to be, etc. We have already heard from several posters who are military members. They're first-hand accounts hold more weight than your second or third or whatever-hand accounts. Sorry.

    2) Who are YOU to question? See number 1 above.

    3) Lol. Never!
    1) it has now been awhile, but I think it was Jerry. But the point is I was using it as evidence, but merely reporting how the is session came about and that some don't think there is any value in questioning meh assumptions.

    2) anyone can question. I questioned it when I was in. During my time I never used any skill associated with the inverted crawl, for example. However, and more importantly, questioning is essential to continuous improvement.

    3)

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) it has now been awhile, but I think it was Jerry. But the point is I was using it as evidence, but merely reporting how the is session came about and that some don't think there is any value in questioning meh assumptions.

    2) anyone can question. I questioned it when I was in. During my time I never used any skill associated with the inverted crawl, for example. However, and more importantly, questioning is essential to continuous improvement.

    3)
    Okay, and what if they came up with the exact same things? Then what?

    What if they made it even MORE difficult?

  5. #495
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, and what if they came up with the exact same things? Then what?

    What if they made it even MORE difficult?
    Properly backed with evidence that holds up, then that would be the standard.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #496
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Bottom line is there are things men can do and there are things that women can do........To the most ardent feminazi in DP that is and undenialable fact.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #497
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Only a patronising paternalist would deny a woman's right to fight for her country.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #498
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Bottom line is there are things men can do and there are things that women can do........To the most ardent feminazi in DP that is and undenialable fact.
    Yes, but it's quite ignorant to assume there is no overlap.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    Yes, but it's quite ignorant to assume there is no overlap.
    I heard today on one of the news shows that women will have to sign up for the draft under the new regs...(that is all women), Now that is a step in the right direction.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #500
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I heard today on one of the news shows that women will have to sign up for the draft under the new regs...(that is all women), Now that is a step in the right direction.
    We do not have a draft NP.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •