View Poll Results: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 68.87%
  • No

    33 31.13%
Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 628

Thread: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?[W:57]

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Once women begin typical training for a combat role, my concern is for qualifications.
    Yes yes yes, I know, they're saying if they can't pass the training regimin they won't make the cut.
    Anyone really feel confident that there will never be a push to "loosen" the standards?

  2. #482
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Still haven't found any evidence I see?
    Evidence of what?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Evidence of what?
    That the army should change the standards, or evidence that women are fit for the infantry. Evidence for your argument.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    That the army should change the standards, or evidence that women are fit for the infantry. Evidence for your argument.
    My argument is that everyone, including the military should challenge assumptions. Whether they change or not should be based on what they find. Think conitnous improvement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #485
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    A married man may not want to be bunking/showering/peeing along side a woman. The logistics of that would need to be sorted out. If you notice, however, they waited until one war ended and the other is in the home stretch to bring this up. They are not doing it so women can serve in combat, but so more women can make General.

  6. #486
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    A married man may not want to be bunking/showering/peeing along side a woman. The logistics of that would need to be sorted out. If you notice, however, they waited until one war ended and the other is in the home stretch to bring this up. They are not doing it so women can serve in combat, but so more women can make General.
    By the time the next big dustup occurs some of those married men will likely be married to other men, how's that gonna work with the bunking/showering/peeing thing? Look, it's all about unit discipline. What keeps folks from robbing each other in close quarters like that, answer: regs and unit discipline. Same for a lot of things. Comes down to training.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    By the time the next big dustup occurs some of those married men will likely be married to other men, how's that gonna work with the bunking/showering/peeing thing? Look, it's all about unit discipline. What keeps folks from robbing each other in close quarters like that, answer: regs and unit discipline. Same for a lot of things. Comes down to training.
    Really? What it comes down to me is a bunch of women feel like they are being denied the opportunity for promotion because that box is on the checklist so they are willing to let other women suffer in the name of women's liberation. That will change the first time a female soldier is abducted, gang-raped, and murdered on youtube.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1) it's what started the conversation.

    2) that you assume it is common sense is my point. Life and death may depend on other factors more, and pt may not lead us in the right direction.

    3) I've asked for no handicap. Whatever they find should be across the board.
    1) "You heard something from someone" holds no weight. I could say that I heard something from someone too.

    2) The bottom line is that the women need to be able to carry their gear and perform other physical tasks. That is part of the job description of soldier. I don't know how much more clearly people can make that for you. Perhaps you should try going out into the jungle without the proper supplies and see how well you fare.

    3) If you are saying that all physical fitness aspects of the military be "looked over" and their policies be changed, then yes, you are asking for special accommodations be made for women.

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    My argument is that everyone, including the military should challenge assumptions. Whether they change or not should be based on what they find. Think conitnous improvement.
    That's ambiguous and doesn't offer anything valid on this subject.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you really think women in the Military want to risk their lives in combat?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    1) "You heard something from someone" holds no weight. I could say that I heard something from someone too.

    2) The bottom line is that the women need to be able to carry their gear and perform other physical tasks. That is part of the job description of soldier. I don't know how much more clearly people can make that for you. Perhaps you should try going out into the jungle without the proper supplies and see how well you fare.

    3) If you are saying that all physical fitness aspects of the military be "looked over" and their policies be changed, then yes, you are asking for special accommodations be made for women.
    1) it was the basis of the discussion so many have jumped in on. He claimed it was that history that made the test o valid.

    2) what I question is if the pt test measures that or any other actual needed skill.

    3) then we are in agreement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •