View Poll Results: Did anyone remember the federal budget?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • What a budget? we have to worry about guns!

    0 0%
  • Budget, we don't need no stinking budget!

    0 0%
  • Who cares!

    0 0%
  • I wish they'd finish the budget first

    2 100.00%
  • Other: (Please specify)

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

  1. #1
    User John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    02-16-13 @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    72

    So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    So here we are, nearly 1 month into 2013. I haven't heard any news relevant to a federal budget getting voted or passed by the senate. Anyone else?

    Wasn't the president required by law to sign one by the end of january? or maybe congress was supposed to pass one. I'm not sure.
    Last edited by John; 01-24-13 at 01:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,872
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Coming*
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    The Democrats do not submit acceptable budgets because if they did, they would be stuck with a designated spending guide and they then could not slip all of their social payoffs in under the radar. For that reason, you will never see an acceptable budget submitted by the Democrats from Obama on down. They prefer no budgetary constraints and they abhor operating in the sunshine.

    The working formula that the Democrats have found is to submit budgets that will be voted down, if they submit anything, and then blame the Republicans for not allowing a budget. The law that requires Democrats to submit budgets is then successfully circumvented and their cattle are able to endless bray how evil the Republicans are.
    Last edited by Ray410; 01-24-13 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Last I heard, the administration wasn't going to be able to meet its February deadline for submission of a budget proposal to the House.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #5
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The Democrats do not submit acceptable budgets because if they did, they would be stuck with a designated spending guide and they then could not slip all of their social payoffs in under the radar. For that reason, you will never see an acceptable budget submitted by the Democrats from Obama on down. They prefer no budgetary constraints and they abhor operating in the sunshine.

    The working formula that the Democrats have found is to submit budgets that will be voted down, if they submit anything, and then blame the Republicans for not allowing a budget. The law that requires Democrats to submit budgets is then successfully circumvented and their cattle are able to endless bray how evil the Republicans are.
    Don't the Republicans in the house do the same? They pass budgets that will never pass the Senate or be signed by the President so they can go back to their cattle and say "Those evil Democrats..."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Don't the Republicans in the house do the same? They pass budgets that will never pass the Senate or be signed by the President so they can go back to their cattle and say "Those evil Democrats..."
    With any other president than Obama, they'd have a good chance of passing. Clinton gave the thumbs-up to endless sensible Republican budgets sent to him.

  7. #7
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    With any other president than Obama, they'd have a good chance of passing. Clinton gave the thumbs-up to endless sensible Republican budgets sent to him.

    Sure, I'm not saying that Obama is blameless, but don't you think they might actually get one passed into law if they negotiated a budget that everybody's willing to live with?

    Passing budgets is nice, but unless they pass the Senate as well...they're kind of meaningless. You're describing the basic checks that are in the Constitution to prevent one party from shoving through whatever they want.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Sure, I'm not saying that Obama is blameless, but don't you think they might actually get one passed into law if they negotiated a budget that everybody's willing to live with?

    Passing budgets is nice, but unless they pass the Senate as well...they're kind of meaningless. You're describing the basic checks that are in the Constitution to prevent one party from shoving through whatever they want.
    Blame the people that elect Senators and a President that are that far removed from center.

  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Don't the Republicans in the house do the same? They pass budgets that will never pass the Senate or be signed by the President so they can go back to their cattle and say "Those evil Democrats..."
    No. Liberals do the spending, Republicans try to stop them. That is how the system has become. Democrats have to spend in order to bribe and buy votes because they cannot win in the forum of ideas. Like it or not, that's how it is. That is why the Democrats cannot give an inch in reducing spending.

  10. #10
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: So Congress, Mr. P; Hows that budget for 2013 comming?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Blame the people that elect Senators and a President that are that far removed from center.
    Or the ones who elect TP Congressmen who are just as far removed in the other direction.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •