View Poll Results: Does Labor Exist on a Supply Demand Curve

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Price, Supply, and Demand of Labor all impact each other

    31 93.94%
  • Labor is not impacted by Price, Supply, or Demand

    2 6.06%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I have seen stupid employers try to keep pay too low, and equal among non-union workers....their best workers left as soon as they could find better pay elsewhere...
    The keyword in that sentence is stupid.

  2. #52
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I know a few people who didn't attend college, but are paid as engineers...self taught, genius, types....the kind who COULD go out on their own but choose not to....and we all know people with graduate degrees who somehow lack the common sense/good judgement to do things right...
    There's a grant given to college students to use to drop out and start a business
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #53
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,142

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You think all those corporate lawyers who pen contracts are redistributing wealth instead of creating it? Try inter-corporate relations without contracts and see where that gets you.

    You think holding companies financially responsible for defective and harmful products doesn't contribute to the economy by giving companies an incentive to produce better and safer products?!?

    Considering your talk in other threads your comment here earns you 2/3 ...
    If you'd like to challenge his data, I'd be interested in seeing you do so. But I'm thinking you may want to make sure you have your ducks in a row before you do... or else... you know... you're just going to look like a fool who is trying to make an argument over something he didn't bother to understand.

  4. #54
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    So when your top down analysis using top level measurements gives you the answer, then you are confident that the answer is correct. However, if many of your low level samples don't show the same causality and and have a high level alignment you should question the high level analysis.
    Not at all, because examining one firm ignores the entire dynamics of the larger market, its totally different rules.

  5. #55
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    If you'd like to challenge his data, I'd be interested in seeing you do so. But I'm thinking you may want to make sure you have your ducks in a row before you do... or else... you know... you're just going to look like a fool who is trying to make an argument over something he didn't bother to understand.
    Oh, did you actually quote the book??? I seemed to have missed the quote marks and reference in your original post.

    I'm more willing to bet you posted your skewed interpretation of the facts given and are now trying to pawn your opinion off as authoritative. Or you're pulling a common cpwill stunt by not including other information relevant to the original assertion but contrary to what you want to believe - or what you want us to believe.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #56
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,142

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Oh, did you actually quote the book??? I seemed to have missed the quote marks and reference in your original post.

    I'm more willing to bet you posted your skewed interpretation of the facts given and are now trying to pawn your opinion off as authoritative. Or you're pulling a common cpwill stunt by not including other information relevant to the original assertion but contrary to what you want to believe - or what you want us to believe.
    Just to be clear. You are basing your argument on the claim that I have made this up, in the hopes of distracting this thread from the subject which is that labor is impacted by supply and demand, yes?

  7. #57
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Just to be clear. You are basing your argument on the claim that I have made this up, in the hopes of distracting this thread from the subject which is that labor is impacted by supply and demand, yes?
    I do not believe the post of yours that I quoted has much to do with that issue, either - so who's distracting what???


    And, no, I base it on the history you have of interpreting things from your own view then presenting them as someone else's view, just as you did with me (and apparently others like me) in the OP and most likely did with this book in reference to your comment on lawyers.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 01-23-13 at 06:28 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #58
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,142

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I do not believe the post of yours that I quoted has much to do with that issue, either - so who's distracting what???
    it' wasn't, really - it was a humerous aside. You are the one who came in here and decided to make an issue of it

  9. #59
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Just to be clear. You are basing your argument on the claim that I have made this up, in the hopes of distracting this thread from the subject which is that labor is impacted by supply and demand, yes?
    And, no, I base it on the history you have of interpreting things from your own view then presenting them as someone else's view, just as you did with me (and apparently others like me) in the OP and most likely did with this book in reference to your comment on lawyers.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #60
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Does Labor Exist on a Supply / Demand Curve?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    it' wasn't, really - it was a humerous aside. You are the one who came in here and decided to make an issue of it
    So you posted off-topic, which was 100% OK, but when I do it it's "distracting this thread from the subject"?!?

    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •