View Poll Results: Your vote on this proposal would be?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    9 20.45%
  • no

    25 56.82%
  • no, but I would vote yes on labeling

    8 18.18%
  • undecided

    2 4.55%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 224 of 224

Thread: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

  1. #221
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Sorry DDD my last post didn't show in full...will try to repost:
    There are two main and fundamental problems with current regulative devices imo, the first is the obvious and old wisdom that shows us the more we know the more we know we don't know about this tech and its risks. In other words we are right back to the Rumsfeld quote of destiny in that respect. The devices you cite can only judge by the known knowns and the known unknowns (at best without corruption of process) and does not put the numbers of the unknown unknowns into their process at any worthy level.
    The second fundamental flaw exists with the historically validated and unavoidably relevant issue of corruption or undue corporate influence of the process and to which I have posted some examples in previous posts.
    The risks of this tech are not balanced by justifiable caution and precautions in the existing regulative environment imo.


    Monsanto et al's continuing effort to et al...
    New farm bill gives Monsanto carte blanche - Massive public outcry necessary to stop the legislation from passing into law

    Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037310_ba...#ixzz2JUIvNX62

    Talking to the Author of ‘Stuffed and Starved’

    ‘Food Sovereignty’ In NorCal: A Conversation With Raj Patel | Anderson Valley Advertiser

    Talking to the Author of 'Stuffed and Starved' - NYTimes.com


  2. #222
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DNAprotection View Post
    Sorry DDD my last post didn't show in full...will try to repost:
    There are two main and fundamental problems with current regulative devices imo, the first is the obvious and old wisdom that shows us the more we know the more we know we don't know about this tech and its risks. In other words we are right back to the Rumsfeld quote of destiny in that respect. The devices you cite can only judge by the known knowns and the known unknowns (at best without corruption of process) and does not put the numbers of the unknown unknowns into their process at any worthy level.
    The second fundamental flaw exists with the historically validated and unavoidably relevant issue of corruption or undue corporate influence of the process and to which I have posted some examples in previous posts.
    The risks of this tech are not balanced by justifiable caution and precautions in the existing regulative environment imo.


    Monsanto et al's continuing effort to et al...
    New farm bill gives Monsanto carte blanche - Massive public outcry necessary to stop the legislation from passing into law

    Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037310_ba...#ixzz2JUIvNX62

    Talking to the Author of ‘Stuffed and Starved’

    ‘Food Sovereignty’ In NorCal: A Conversation With Raj Patel | Anderson Valley Advertiser

    Talking to the Author of 'Stuffed and Starved' - NYTimes.com

    What does the issue of imbalanced access to food as well as its latest writer/author Mr. Patel have to do with DNA altering?

    Is DNA altering of food the issue? Research carried out on food DNA is biased towards the richer white people, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #223
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    What does the issue of imbalanced access to food as well as its latest writer/author Mr. Patel have to do with DNA altering?

    Is DNA altering of food the issue? Research carried out on food DNA is biased towards the richer white people, or what?
    DNA altering has to do with everything including food and its about 'intellectual property' and monoculture and monopoly and central control of you and me while the machine manipulates our evolution and diversity.

  4. #224
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by DNAprotection View Post
    DNA altering has to do with everything including food and its about 'intellectual property' and monoculture and monopoly and central control of you and me while the machine manipulates our evolution and diversity.
    I have more faith that it would become something like this:

    The 6th Day (2000) HD trailer - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •