View Poll Results: Your vote on this proposal would be?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    9 20.45%
  • no

    25 56.82%
  • no, but I would vote yes on labeling

    8 18.18%
  • undecided

    2 4.55%
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 224

Thread: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

  1. #161
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I am sure it is but man will never trump nature. Nature is too awesome.
    Man is part of "nature", just like virus and bacteria.
    If virus can do it, why is it different for man to do the same?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #162
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Humans work by numbers too.
    Yet you're discounting that.

    Personal attacks to try to make your argument successful, don't work, nor do stupid music videos.





    And what is that and why do you assume, I don't use it?
    No Harry, humans use judgements that are bias by the prejudice of personal interest perspectives that systematically disregard the numbers that wish to be ignored or that to humans may serve no purpose and further as I have pointed out to your pointed yet detached head many times before in this thread there are also the unknown numbers which nature has in its automatic files...humans, though a part of nature still have not gained access to those files Harry...we haven't even earned the right to ask yet lol..

  3. #163
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Quote Originally Posted by DNAprotection View Post
    No Harry, humans use judgements that are bias by the prejudice of personal interest perspectives that systematically disregard the numbers that wish to be ignored or that to humans may serve no purpose and further as I have pointed out to your pointed yet detached head many times before in this thread there are also the unknown numbers which nature has in its automatic files...humans, though a part of nature still have not gained access to those files Harry...we haven't even earned the right to ask yet lol..
    Ok, your entire argumentative premise and reasoning behind your argument is totally ignorant.
    Again, you have nothing backing your argument except for the mysticism of "nature knows better."

    Obviously, the best way to nueter your argument is to stop responding to this and letting it die.
    Good day.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #164
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Bring on the mutants!


    Just sayin'.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Man is part of "nature", just like virus and bacteria.
    If virus can do it, why is it different for man to do the same?
    Nothing at all. Both are controlled by nature, not the other way round.

  6. #166
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: Rathi use your talent 4this project, godspeed', fly like a monarch'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Man is part of "nature", just like virus and bacteria.
    If virus can do it, why is it different for man to do the same?
    I very clearly addressed that in my last post Harry.
    The question in your post I forgot to get to which LA and I both made quite clear in three different posts Harry and if you couldn't even recognize when people are talking about 'conscience' when you ask about our direct line to nature then how are we to believe that you even have one? If you do its clear that you have cut yourself off from it just as the machine requires...its part of 'higher edu'...its basic training to detach from such so as to be 'professional' etc...detach from your conscience far enough and the corps masters will call you an 'expert' and fly you like a flag...your a very confused Harry little critter, not like that cool smart connected to his conscience Harry that I know and love...


  7. #167
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    The article is a joke. The Cauliflower mosaic virus promoter is deliberately introduced as part of the genetic modification process and fragments from the virus are to be expected. There is no evidence that the protein is expressed or that it would even be harmful if it was. The risk is likely higher for natural foods, as they are regularly infected by the full version of the Cauliflower mosaic virus.
    Thank you.

    People don't understand that viral vectors can be used to transfect genes into cells. People see the word "virus" or "genetic modification" and just freak out without actually understanding what is going on.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #168
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Thank you.

    People don't understand that viral vectors can be used to transfect genes into cells. People see the word "virus" or "genetic modification" and just freak out without actually understanding what is going on.
    Its entirely irrelevant if people understand such concepts with regard to the prevailing fact that you could write a thousand such sentences and it wouldn't change the component of unknowns which you continually fail to respond to and thus exhibiting a perfect example of my claim that your type of thinking does exactly that as a matter of standard protocol at the expense of us all.
    Such viewpoints require a disconnection to ones conscience and you were trained in this behavior by the system that you now suckle from for your living.
    The first lie a person tells is to their self and thats what your 'higher edu' taught you to do by accepting certain premisses without question and as the frame wherein all other thinking is done, its dubbed 'critical thinking' in effort to further legitimize such but its actually more the opposite of such in a sort of Orwellian way.
    This thread is merely a microcosm of your demographic within the collective genetic traits of the human race and so far its not looking to good for ya.
    I don't see much genetic viability in your thought processes for long term survival and thats what this threads really all about, just trying to equate human chances of extinction.
    Soon I will be posting a conclusions page that will explain my findings of scientific note concerning the challenge of this thread unless I am banned from doing so by those here that wish to restrict thought and expression...stay tuned.

    How far can man go in controlling nature:
    http://www1.umn.edu/ships/pesticides...ement1962b.pdf

    Episode -029- “Controlling” Nature:
    Episode -029- "Controlling" Nature |

    Show Notes

    "People think they can control nature with sprays, tractors, mono cropping, cleverness and technology – it doesn’t work
    I believe that nature has the final say
    It makes more sense to work WITH nature instead of against it
    There are no feedlots in nature, no matter how you try and justify it, there are no feedlots in nature
    Feedlots concentrate animals and many people make the argument that “we can’t feed 9 billion people without industrial ag” Well, what about the corn that required to feed those animals? Where does it come from? Is that “sustainable?”
    Proper livestock management can increase stocking rate by 1000% in some cases. 400-500% more likely, I’ve seen it done
    A lot of people are caught in this paradigm, so they will come up with creative ways to justify their practices
    Industrial Agriculture practitioners are hard working, smart and dedicated but there is a better way
    What a lot of them don’t understand is that we have an unfair advantage, the sun
    Responsible use of toxic chemicals is an oxymoron – in most cases
    This is why I’m not a big fan of poultry and other critters that eat grain – feeding them grain is detrimental on many levels, economically, socially and environmentally. Try to avoid importing grain to your farm/ranch."

    With biotech no need for so much troublesome conditioning...


  9. #169
    User DNAprotection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    cali
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    85

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what science is and is not capable of. Nobody does. And it'll continue being that way as long as we allow anti-science legislation like this to exist.

    Not to mention anti-science legislation that is chock-full of the words "god" and "the creator".
    "You have absolutely no idea what science is and is not capable of. Nobody does."

    Thats the whole point because with this kind of technology you have no idea what could happen as a result and to even gamble at such is to impede or destroy my rights to not have you do so.
    This isn't relative to a trip to the moon or inventing the wheel or TV or any other thing you can think of short of nano tech etc because of its collective and chain reactive effects at levels that could make a nuclear melt down look tame and yet you still care not of others rights or safety and somehow you are convinced you are the voice of sanity and rational thinking. Its hard to fathom.
    Peoples words in these posts and in the proposal like 'creator' etc are not out to get you and are not your enemy and should hold no power over you unless you allow such RabidAlpaca. The real enemy you should take best notice of exists in your own mind.
    The only anti science views i've seen have been expressed by you and the other like-minded posters because at the end of the day what you are really doing is foregoing good thorough complete unbiased science to occur in reach instead for instant gratification of corporate profit interests...I suppose you were also swallowing tobacco science lol, gov/corps handed cigs out for decades knowing full well it was a bad idea...only tobacco is limited in its destructive reach.


  10. #170
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: The DNA Protection Act of 2013

    I voted no because the only part of the proposal I agree with is that DNA shouldn't fall under intellectual property law. I have similar issues with music riffs, too.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •