View Poll Results: Was Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was completely normal and appropriate.

    18 26.09%
  • Yeah, it was ok, but I'd prefer that children were not involved like that.

    5 7.25%
  • No, it was total emotional exploitation.

    44 63.77%
  • I cannot decide.

    2 2.90%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    1. Yes, it was completely normal and appropriate.
    2. Yeah, it was ok, but I'd prefer that children were not involved like that.
    3. No, it was total emotional exploitation.
    4. I cannot decide.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    those kids were useless as anything other than an emotional prop... they were used.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    It was a lot like when George W. Bush did the "Mission Accomplished" thing on the aircraft carrier. It's a blatant propaganda move carefully staged to appeal to emotion, as a smokescreen for the inherent bull****.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-16-13 at 11:41 PM.

  4. #4
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It was a lot like when George W. Bush did the "Mission Accomplished" thing on the aircraft carrier.
    no it was nothing like that

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Politicians have been using children as long as there have been politicians. On the list of things to get worked up about, this is retarded.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #6
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Politicians have been using children as long as there have been politicians. On the list of things to get worked up about, this is retarded.
    it would be interesting to find out who instigated the letters though-I know my son wrote him noting that his dad (me) used a pistol that would be banned in NY to stop a mugging many years ago and that my son has been well trained in using the AR 15 rifle he shoots

    I told him I doubt Obama would invite him to the Photo Op today

  7. #7
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    I'm having a hard time getting too worked up over it, but at the same time I'd prefer the he not have done it.

    Then again, I'd prefer they (politicians) not attach kid's names to bills, either. IMO, the added emotion detracts from the chances of honest debate and we get things like the overzealous sex offender list that does way more than is legitimate.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #8
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting too worked up over it, but at the same time I'd prefer the he not have done it.

    Then again, I'd prefer they (politicians) not attach kid's names to bills, either. IMO, the added emotion detracts from the chances of honest debate and we get things like the overzealous sex offender list that does way more than is legitimate.
    "if it will save one child" has pretty much become the stock refuge of the left these days

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    It was not appropriate but not because of emotional exploitation, but because it was obvious political weakness to do so.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting too worked up over it, but at the same time I'd prefer the he not have done it.

    Then again, I'd prefer they (politicians) not attach kid's names to bills, either. IMO, the added emotion detracts from the chances of honest debate and we get things like the overzealous sex offender list that does way more than is legitimate.
    Name your issue, no side is interested in honest debate. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •