View Poll Results: Was Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was completely normal and appropriate.

    18 26.09%
  • Yeah, it was ok, but I'd prefer that children were not involved like that.

    5 7.25%
  • No, it was total emotional exploitation.

    44 63.77%
  • I cannot decide.

    2 2.90%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 90

Thread: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    remind me what laws RWR and Bush signed that were designed to take away the rights of honest Americans while surrounded by children?
    I don't care how much you disagree with his platform. The facts of the matter are that a very significant percentage of Americans support gun control measures and that this use of children is nothing new.

  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    "Politicians have been using children as long as there have been politicians"

    Those are your words, Redress. That was the logic you used to bolster your claim that the issue of politicians using kids is unimportant. If that's not an appeal to tradition, then what is? You're saying the reason the action is OK is because the action has always been OK.

    What is conservatism but an appeal to tradition?

    I found it amusing that a patent liberal would have a knee jerk reaction to the story that was conservative.
    No, those are my words that subtly suggested selective outrage. I then explained my feelings on the issue, which is that it is trivial.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So you're selectively pointing out the selective out-rage of only the right?
    Huh? Where are left wingers showing selective outrage in this thread? Admittedly I tend to not red liberal posts since they are either just stuff I agree with anyway, or painful. At least gun nut posts are painful but hilariously stupid, like claiming that it is somehow terrible to have kids who expressed an interest in the issue be present. Oh how they are so harmed. Right now gun nuts are the best thing that could happen to the democratic party, as we just stand aside and let them make us look good by comparison.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #34
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Huh? Where are left wingers showing selective outrage in this thread?
    Naw, left wingers would never do it in any thread, ever. Lol.

    Admittedly I tend to not red liberal posts since they are either just stuff I agree with anyway, or painful. At least gun nut posts are painful but hilariously stupid, like claiming that it is somehow terrible to have kids who expressed an interest in the issue be present. Oh how they are so harmed. Right now gun nuts are the best thing that could happen to the democratic party, as we just stand aside and let them make us look good by comparison.
    Fine, but don't start hedging on what you mean by "gun nuts". I take that to mean pro gun rights people. You really have been selectively reading if you think all of the anti gun dip****s are making you look good. There was one thread the OP abandoned because he got caught in so many lies. Lol.

  5. #35
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Naw, left wingers would never do it in any thread, ever. Lol.
    Never claimed that. You should know better than to try that kind of straw man with me.



    Fine, but don't start hedging on what you mean by "gun nuts". I take that to mean pro gun rights people. You really have been selectively reading if you think all of the anti gun dip****s are making you look good. There was one thread the OP abandoned because he got caught in so many lies. Lol.
    Gun nut: Some one irrational in their support of gun rights. If you are talking armed revolution, you might be a gun nut as one example. You can support gun rights and not be a gun nut.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Never claimed that. You should know better than to try that kind of straw man with me.
    Yeah, my bad. Sorry about that.

    Gun nut: Some one irrational in their support of gun rights. If you are talking armed revolution, you might be a gun nut as one example. You can support gun rights and not be a gun nut.
    So are you saying that many gun rights advocates are not making the Democratic party look good? How about the dishonest anti gun nuts (I'll totally give you examples if you want to see them). Do they make the Republicans look good? What if I feel I should get to keep the guns, including one particularly mean looking rifle, that I bought legally? What if I'm amazed that people who supposedly support the right to privacy and supposedly support the 4th amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure seem perfectly fine with the idea of entering someone's house and confiscating legally obtained property?

  8. #38
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Never claimed that. You should know better than to try that kind of straw man with me.





    Gun nut: Some one irrational in their support of gun rights. If you are talking armed revolution, you might be a gun nut as one example. You can support gun rights and not be a gun nut.
    I think that people who advocate for infringement of the 2nd are probably nutty.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So are you saying that many gun rights advocates are not making the Democratic party look good? How about the dishonest anti gun nuts (I'll totally give you examples if you want to see them). Do they make the Republicans look good?
    Did not claim they are not any, but they are much quieter on the whole, nor are they threatening revolution.

    What if I feel I should get to keep the guns, including one particularly mean looking rifle, that I bought legally? What if I'm amazed that people who supposedly support the right to privacy and supposedly support the 4th amendment prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure seem perfectly fine with the idea of entering someone's house and confiscating legally obtained property?
    Can you show me where Obama or congress is threatening to take guns away? I just read the proposal Obama put forth, and it does not do this. Obama on curbing gun violence: 'Now is the time'. Notice the problem? Hyperbole is exceeding the facts in a big way.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,400

    Re: Was President Obama's use of children in today's press conference appropriate?

    20 young children were senslessly murdered by gunfire and those children are the REASON Obama is doing this. It is totally appropriate that they be front and center in this fight. Whether you know it or want to admit it, those children are the owners of the future we give them. They have every right to be involved in it too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •