View Poll Results: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blacks

    1 14.29%
  • Liberal ideology

    3 42.86%
  • Other

    3 42.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's in the forum rules. But I guess the mods are blind.
    I guess to some people's way of thinking ANY thread dealing with race or with the Liberal's way of dealing with race is against the rules.

    If this thread is ruled to be against the rules what kind of thread would be allowed which would get to the heart of Liberal ideology?

    I say that this is exactly the kind of question that needs to be addressed.

    The protests against this thread are an indication of some folks' inability to come up with a way of answering the question which makes them look good.

    Well, that is not against the rules.

    That is what a forum is for.

    To point out the flaws in the other side's positions.


    Isn't it?

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?




    Housing. Minimum wage laws and unemployment. The welfare system and the family. Affirmative action. School busing and education. Gun control.



    Liberalism Versus Blacks - Thomas Sowell

    It is columns like this one I've cited that illustrates why Thomas Sowell is considered one of America's greatest columnists.
    Thomas Sowell is an idiot who has no clue what liberals believe(or is willing to misrepresent that belief). Your poll is based on a straw man with no bearing in reality. The beauty of liberalism as an ideology is that it benefits every one, white, black, hispanic, asian, rich, poor, urban or rural.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Thomas Sowell is an idiot who has no clue what liberals believe(or is willing to misrepresent that belief). Your poll is based on a straw man with no bearing in reality. The beauty of liberalism as an ideology is that it benefits every one, white, black, hispanic, asian, rich, poor, urban or rural.
    I have no doubt that sincere concern is what draws many to the Liberal philosophy. However, the actual results of the actions based on Liberal ideology have not measured up to the sincere concerns felt by many who subscribe to the Liberal philosophy.

    Basically, the results don't warrant the loyalty many feel for Liberalism.

    I know this is a prickly question but, what if Liberal ideology isn't working?

    Would a blind allegience to it and another trillion (or whatever) dollars and another twenty years make it more effective?

    Haven't we seen enough since 1967?

    As Irving Crystal said, "They've had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don't know what to do about."

  4. #14
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,706

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's in the forum rules. But I guess the mods are blind.
    Funny but I saw no attempt to bait you or anyone else. A poll like any other thread does not require any reply. Forum rules also state exactly how to report a post for review. You may either contribute to the discussion or not, totally your choice.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Wait...this was a legitimate thread? Oh ok. I guess I can throw out a response.

    I would lean toward blacks. I don't think the "liberal ideology" can be necessarily viewed as bad, but I think it's prone to corruption, entitlement, and shirking of responsibility in most levels. However, I think that can be overcome. I think black culture plays a big part in perpetuating what I said above, but the main thing is that I don't think they want that to change or be overcome.

    Blacks are their own worst enemies, and their culture if self-destructive and designed to keep them at the bottom.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I have no doubt that sincere concern is what draws many to the Liberal philosophy. However, the actual results of the actions based on Liberal ideology have not measured up to the sincere concerns felt by many who subscribe to the Liberal philosophy.

    Basically, the results don't warrant the loyalty many feel for Liberalism.

    I know this is a prickly question but, what if Liberal ideology isn't working?

    Would a blind allegience to it and another trillion (or whatever) dollars and another twenty years make it more effective?

    Haven't we seen enough since 1967?

    As Irving Crystal said, "They've had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don't know what to do about."
    No one has implemented a truly liberal government. Those failures could just as easily be blamed on having to make compromises with conservatives.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one has implemented a truly liberal government. Those failures could just as easily be blamed on having to make compromises with conservatives.
    Scandanavian countries have it incredibly damn close.

  8. #18
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,706

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Thomas Sowell is an idiot who has no clue what liberals believe(or is willing to misrepresent that belief). Your poll is based on a straw man with no bearing in reality. The beauty of liberalism as an ideology is that it benefits every one, white, black, hispanic, asian, rich, poor, urban or rural.
    Just how do social policies/programs that reward HS dropouts having children out of wedlock "advance" or "benefit" anyone? I fully support the idea of granting all an opportunity to succeed, however any attempt to guarantee a particular outcome regardless of personal decisions made, counter to that desire, should not be rewarded. All carrot and no stick, does not work. Pretending it is a mere coincidence that out of wedlock childbirth rates, a primary "qualification" for public assistance being a minor child in the "household", rose signifanctly as the "great society" programs took off, is rediculous.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #19
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    What concerns me is liberal ideology.

    I just wish more people who self-identify as liberal would follow it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Which most concerns Libs? The Black condition or Liberal ideology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Scandanavian countries have it incredibly damn close.
    They are in an entirely different situation and are not liberal as the US liberal sees the term.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •