View Poll Results: Would this compromise be acceptable?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. This isnít perfect, but no compromise is.

    12 12.90%
  • No. I donít mind some compromise, but this still takes away too much.

    13 13.98%
  • No. We should never compromise our gun rights.

    61 65.59%
  • No. This still gives too many gun ownership privileges.

    4 4.30%
  • I can hit a target 400 yards away with my eyes closed.

    3 3.23%
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 705

Thread: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

  1. #251
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you weren't so incredibly wrong, you might have a point. If you're this wrong about me, it is likely you are wrong about others.
    you can deny all you want. I have read just about every post you have made on guns including your constant dishonest claims that you really don't have a real position. That is BS based merely on what posts you "like" and your rather large output. But I have been dealing with anti gunners for almost 4 decades and your style and strategy is exactly what the brady thugs teach their advocates and propagandists


    deny all you want-I know what is going on

  2. #252
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you can deny all you want. I have read just about every post you have made on guns including your constant dishonest claims that you really don't have a real position. That is BS based merely on what posts you "like" and your rather large output. But I have been dealing with anti gunners for almost 4 decades and your style and strategy is exactly what the brady thugs teach their advocates and propagandists


    deny all you want-I know what is going on
    I'm sorry, but you're just not factually accurate. Do you visit conspiracy forums often?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #253
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're just not factually accurate. Do you visit conspiracy forums often?
    part of the incremental gun banner strategy is denying that banning guns is a goal

    Josh Sugarmann of the VPC was booted out of the Brady organization because he admitted gun bans were what were desired

  4. #254
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    part of the incremental gun banner strategy is denying that banning guns is a goal

    Josh Sugarmann of the VPC was booted out of the Brady organization because he admitted gun bans were what were desired
    Is that the best you have? Again, there are laws, and leaders would be voted out if they banned guns and it would be over turned. You're overreacting here TD.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    All I have said is that there is no right under the Second Amendment for anyone to claim that they have a right to have the same level of weaponry as a police officer or soldier.
    How's that then? The BoR, including the 2nd amendment, are not limitations on THE PEOPLE, they are limitations upon the government. I have every expectation to the same level of weaponry as police or military as the government is not to infringe upon my right to keep and bear arms.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #256
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How's that then? The BoR, including the 2nd amendment, are not limitations on THE PEOPLE, they are limitations upon the government. I have every expectation to the same level of weaponry as police or military as the government is not to infringe upon my right to keep and bear arms.
    Good luck with that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Yeah, great comeback. Way to address anything under factual and rational argument. Haymarket made a completely stupid and invalid argument, I pointed out why it was wrong. The ever continuing battle to maintain freedom is necessary and as soon as people adopt the sick philosophy that the Constitution is a limit on the People, that the government is innate owner of sovereignty and may do as they like; it puts the struggle to maintain freedom in jeopardy.

    Some people can live by the repercussions and responsibilities of freedom, others cower from it and seek protection from the very entity best able to steal their freedom. Rather foolish and shortsighted if you ask me.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #258
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, great comeback. Way to address anything under factual and rational argument. Haymarket made a completely stupid and invalid argument, I pointed out why it was wrong. The ever continuing battle to maintain freedom is necessary and as soon as people adopt the sick philosophy that the Constitution is a limit on the People, that the government is innate owner of sovereignty and may do as they like; it puts the struggle to maintain freedom in jeopardy.

    Some people can live by the repercussions and responsibilities of freedom, others cower from it and seek protection from the very entity best able to steal their freedom. Rather foolish and shortsighted if you ask me.
    I simply don't believe your view will the day. I thought that was a short hand way to say it. Nor do I believe there is anything foolish or shortsighted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #259
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is why these comparisons between what a civilian can carry and what a police officer has for use is pointless and irrelevant.
    I have to disagree. Why does a police officer carry a semi-auto pistol with two magazines holding 16 rounds each and have an AR-15 style carbine in the trunk of his patrol car? The answer is to be on an equal footing with the criminal element in this country, the same criminals any law abiding citizen is equally exposed to. We have an inherent right to self-defense and trying to limit us to weapons inferior to that of the criminal element is in fact, infringing on our right to self-defense.

    If I don't "Need" such firearms, there is no "Need" for the police force to have such firearms. If there is a need for the police to carry such arms the same holds true for any other civilian.
    Some apes are more equal...

  10. #260
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: A proposed compromise on "assault weapons"

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I simply don't believe your view will the day. I thought that was a short hand way to say it. Nor do I believe there is anything foolish or shortsighted.
    There is plenty that is foolish and shortsighted, abdication of rights of temporary "safety" being amongst them.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •