View Poll Results: Would you comply with a gun ban?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

    15 16.85%
  • No, I would not.

    74 83.15%
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 321

Thread: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

  1. #301
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    They'll get the bullets first.
    Who? The men in the black helicopter over your house right now?

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    In what world would you be carrying a firearm everywhere you go and in what world would you want to?
    I carry a gun everywhere I go. It's just something I have exactly like I always have my wallet, cell phone and car keys and molti-tool. I don't *want* to be involved in or encounter a car accident, but I have a 1st aid kit and small fire extinguisher in my trunk. I don't *want* my home burned down, but I still keep important papers in a fire safe. Same thing with a gun: I would rather have it an not need it, then need it and not have it.

  3. #303
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    805

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, go ahead and feel good about your ability to handle a rapist without a firearm... The rest of us can live in the real world.
    I already responded, but ...it is reality here. It's reality in many civilised countries where people don't want guns. Not a big deal and works as well as your country's system. It's completely doable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I carry a gun everywhere I go. It's just something I have exactly like I always have my wallet, cell phone and car keys and molti-tool. I don't *want* to be involved in or encounter a car accident, but I have a 1st aid kit and small fire extinguisher in my trunk. I don't *want* my home burned down, but I still keep important papers in a fire safe. Same thing with a gun: I would rather have it an not need it, then need it and not have it.
    I appreciate that, as you live in a violent gun culture.

    If you could choose, would you choose to live that way or in a gun free society where you don't have to carry a gun?

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Why, did someone come at you with a gun?
    Why would you assume someone came after me with a gun? That's just an odd thing to assume, quite out of place and an alien way of thinking.

    Someone thought I cut them off on the road. They tailgated me to a red light, where they then got out and walked up to my car. I had locked my doors and put my pistol on my lap. When the guy got up to my window I pointed at my gun, he turned right around and got back in his car, and drove a different way.

    A few years earlier, some gang-banger was trying to brake into my son's 2nd floor room, because he was fleeing from the cops, because he was just involved with a beating which resulted in the victim's death. I drew my pistol, pointed it at him and said "wrong house". He got an 'oh ****' expression, jumped down and ran off another way.

    A few years before that I was in a town with a feral dog and snake problem. That's why I originally started carrying a gun at all, for dogs and snakes.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I appreciate that, as you live in a violent gun culture.
    If Scots had a rifle in their closet, they wouldn't have the church in their government. Think about that before you criticize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    If you could choose, would you choose to live that way or in a gun free society where you don't have to carry a gun?
    I can choose, and I choose the gun culture.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I already responded, but ...it is reality here.
    Nice, a country that says 'let them be raped!' ... what's not to love?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #307
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    In what world would you be carrying a firearm everywhere you go and in what world would you want to?

    The most effective way to avoid rape as with all potentially dangerous situations, is to avoid being in a situation where it can occur and if you suspect danger, remove yourself from the area.

    Awareness...better than assault weapons.

    Awareness and avoidance are great. I teach them anytime I do a self-defense or defensive handgunning class.

    Those plus a few other things take care of 90% of threats. It's the other 10% that can be a major problem for the unarmed.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Who? The men in the black helicopter over your house right now?
    If you deductive reasoning is good enough to come up with all that just based on someone saying "They'll get the bullets first.", I imagine you could solve this whole gun violence thing on your own.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    A modern gun grab isn't going to look like a door-to-door search. A modern gun grab is going to begin years before with registration. Then, when it's time for the grab, you'll simply be told to turn them in. You'll be given a deadline. At that deadline, if you haven't turned in a gun, your assets will be frozen until you do. If you say you don't have the gun to turn in, you go to jail for failure to report, which is why NY is tightening their gun-theft reporting laws. Even if you get away with faking a theft, you will still be held and charged with petty offences, basically harassed into bankruptcy, lose of trade certifications, your job, etc.

    So when you say "they'll get the bullets first", you won't be inside your home when you shoot, because no one is coming over. You will have to go to them to shoot. You will have to rob the bank that holds your money. You will have to go to the turn-in station and open fire. That's what you're saying you're going to do when you say "they'll get the bullets first", you're saying you will actively seek them out.

    Please, enough with all the tough-guy talk. Lets look at viable strategies on how to win the day.

  10. #310
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    805

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Why would you assume someone came after me with a gun? That's just an odd thing to assume, quite out of place and an alien way of thinking.
    Missed it did you. You have just said you carry a gun at all times and live in a country where it will be difficult if not impossible to lever guns away from the people. People all over the board are discussing situations which "require" a gun in your society (they don't require a gun).

    What is it about the information above (most of which you provided) that would not lead one to think your assailant might have a gun? You live in a gun culture. Which is alien to the rest of us.

    Someone thought I cut them off on the road. They tailgated me to a red light, where they then got out and walked up to my car. I had locked my doors and put my pistol on my lap. When the guy got up to my window I pointed at my gun, he turned right around and got back in his car, and drove a different way.
    People do similar here. You don't need a gun to deal with it. And what happens when your road rage person points a gun at your head?

    Here, they can't get through your window without a great deal of exertion, during which you are at liberty to give them the vicky and drive off, possibly over their toes, as they try to find a brick to lob at your disappearing bumper.

    A few years earlier, some gang-banger was trying to brake into my son's 2nd floor room, because he was fleeing from the cops, because he was just involved with a beating which resulted in the victim's death. I drew my pistol, pointed it at him and said "wrong house". He got an 'oh ****' expression, jumped down and ran off another way.
    A gang banger without a gun, whatever next. And what is it about that story that just doesn't work?

    A few years before that I was in a town with a feral dog and snake problem. That's why I originally started carrying a gun at all, for dogs and snakes.
    If you have a legitimate use, you have a legitimate use. We had feral cats in the garden of the last property and the lady next door fed them. The guy couple of doors away didn't like them and allegedly fed them poison. The poor things all died. The moral of the story is, you can murder animals without use of a gun and it's not really justification to have one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If Scots had a rifle in their closet, they wouldn't have the church in their government. Think about that before you criticize.
    What Church is in Scottish Government (read about current Scottish Government before you attempt to analyse).

    I can choose, and I choose the gun culture.
    I chose not to live in your country because of the gun culture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Nice, a country that says 'let them be raped!' ... what's not to love?
    I see you're a high quality poster, but you'll forgive me if I don't respond as your post appears to be lacking a point and containing an inept level of masterbaiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Awareness and avoidance are great. I teach them anytime I do a self-defense or defensive handgunning class.
    If you're teaching handgunning class, you're missing the point of those techniques.

    Those plus a few other things take care of 90% of threats. It's the other 10% that can be a major problem for the unarmed.
    More so where the potential attacker is armed.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •