View Poll Results: Would you comply with a gun ban?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

    15 16.85%
  • No, I would not.

    74 83.15%
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 321

Thread: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

  1. #261
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of lethal confrontations and the advantage of an instigator has over someone who has to react. If anything those protecting their homes and businesses should have heavier and more effective weapons than cops because homeowners and business owners almost always are reacting to an attack rather than choosing the time and place to start a gun fight
    I still can't get over the fact I've never had to have a gun. Never knew anyone who did. And know statistically, dogs work better. And nothing works better than being smart. Sorry, I don't really buy your argument at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I still can't get over the fact I've never had to have a gun. Never knew anyone who did. And know statistically, dogs work better. And nothing works better than being smart. Sorry, I don't really buy your argument at all.
    I've had to use one of my guns to protect my dogs. Any Coyote that gets that close to them has to be Rabid and it was better for me to shoot it than let it nearer to my dogs.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #263
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    To clarify, I think most people would hide them.
    If you hide them, they are no good to you, when you really need them. What must we resort to the use of bows and arrows and crossbows? I am pretty good with my crossbow, and it has a red dot sight, but it is hard to reload quickly. So I suppose I need to buy at least 5 more crossbows for home defense from criminals.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    If you hide them, they are no good to you, when you really need them. What must we resort to the use of bows and arrows and crossbows? I am pretty good with my crossbow, and it has a red dot sight, but it is hard to reload quickly. So I suppose I need to buy at least 5 more crossbows for home defense from criminals.
    I didn't mean in some sort of hidden panel or obscure location, just that people would claim to not have them and keep them out of sight. It might make them slightly less accessible, but if they were outlawed that would really be the only option. If you were to openly store, transport, or carry them they would be taken and you would most likely go to jail.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I've had to use one of my guns to protect my dogs. Any Coyote that gets that close to them has to be Rabid and it was better for me to shoot it than let it nearer to my dogs.
    Go no problem with that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #266
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    I didn't mean in some sort of hidden panel or obscure location, just that people would claim to not have them and keep them out of sight. It might make them slightly less accessible, but if they were outlawed that would really be the only option. If you were to openly store, transport, or carry them they would be taken and you would most likely go to jail.
    Not sure where you're from, but Virginia allows concealed carry permits. I had a ccw for years, just so I could carry a weapon in the truck, but since I used to work for the government, I was never allowed to carry in the vehicle. I eventually just let my ccw lapse and never renewed, mainly because Obama got re-elected. Virginia is an open-carry state, as well, and right now, I don't see any of the 23 executive actions affecting anything in Virginia.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Not sure where you're from, but Virginia allows concealed carry permits. I had a ccw for years, just so I could carry a weapon in the truck, but since I used to work for the government, I was never allowed to carry in the vehicle. I eventually just let my ccw lapse and never renewed, mainly because Obama got re-elected. Virginia is an open-carry state, as well, and right now, I don't see any of the 23 executive actions affecting anything in Virginia.
    Again this is just a what if, asking what people would do if a full ban ever took place. Such a ban would outlaw guns, so the way you carry would not matter. This poll has nothing to do the current legislation or executive orders.

  8. #268
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Again this is just a what if, asking what people would do if a full ban ever took place. Such a ban would outlaw guns, so the way you carry would not matter. This poll has nothing to do the current legislation or executive orders.
    I would see a ban like this causing an all out civil war. You already have sherrif's and law enforcement officers in many states saying they would not enforce an unconstitutional law such as this.

    I remember my government teacher drilling it into my head about Ex Post Facto laws. These are laws enacted by tyrannical leaders, which make an act illegal that before the law was passed was perfectly legal, like in our case, to own firearms. This law would be a violation of the 2nd Amendment and also a violation of Article I, Section 10, Clause 1, of the US Constitution.

    Ex post facto laws retroactively change the rules of evidence in a criminal case, retroactively alter the definition of a crime, retroactively increase the punishment for a criminal act, or punish conduct that was legal when committed. They are prohibited by Article I, Section 10, Clause 1, of the U.S. Constitution. An ex post facto law is considered a hallmark of tyranny because it deprives people of a sense of what behavior will or will not be punished and allows for random punishment at the whim of those in power.
    Ex Post Facto Laws legal definition of Ex Post Facto Laws. Ex Post Facto Laws synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Also seems your meaning is different from that of the Constitution, which stipulates the federal government regulates the militia.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post

    Now that is a new one on me.

    Here is the text:

    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Where does it specify that the Federal Government is the one doing the regulating?
    Article I

    Section 8

    The Congress shall have Power ...

    To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I won't comply. Toss whatever dumbass flag you want.
    Put your money where your mouth is, go buy a machine gun. **** the Hughes Amendment, right? You'll do what you want anyway. Who cares if the Fed says you have to have a Class-3 tax stamp and registration, right? You won't comply. They can't stop you. Go buy an AR15, modify it and post a pic here.
    Last edited by Jerry; 01-17-13 at 04:29 PM.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •