View Poll Results: Would you comply with a gun ban?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

    15 16.85%
  • No, I would not.

    74 83.15%
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 321

Thread: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

  1. #231
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you don't recall what happened in NJ, NYC and California when people registered guns that were later ruled to be contraband
    Were they contraband? When you break one law, should you be allowed to get away with it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #232
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    All mine disappeared in a boating accident about a mile off the coast. All I have left are my NFA items.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  3. #233
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Were they contraband? When you break one law, should you be allowed to get away with it.
    there is that dishonesty that is patently obvious in your anti gun posts

  4. #234
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is that dishonesty that is patently obvious in your anti gun posts
    I asked a question. You expect no challenge?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #235
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not for mass consumption. Not individually. Not with the violence we see today. No, I don't think I'm off much at all.
    A lever action rifle or black powder six shooter would have blown their minds yet is considered archaic today. Hell, in 1780, people where terrified of the Girandoni repeating air rifle and thought it was a sign of the apocalypse. It was in actuality designed for for mass consumption. With a 20 round magazine, I guess they need to add it to the list of manned assault rifles. After all, it was also a military weapon. Guess they did not realize the AR was the true sign of the apocalypse..
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  6. #236
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    A lever action rifle or black powder six shooter would have blown their minds yet is considered archaic today. Hell, in 1780, people where terrified of the Girandoni repeating air rifle and thought it was a sign of the apocalypse. Guess they did not realize the AR was the true sign.
    ever heard of a puckle gun? believe me the concept of a machine gun or automatic weapon (a gatling gun is a machine gun but not an automatic) was far more able of comprehension in 1789 than satellite communications, telephones, televisions, computers, or xerox machines

  7. #237
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I asked a question. You expect no challenge?
    The 'dishonesty' he talks about is that the reality is there are places that required registration, then later decided to ban this or that gun. In the face of that, you came up with a half assed response about breaking the law. Of course the point is that if government has a list of who has what, they can later make things illegal for any number of illogical reasons.

    Have you looked up to see what those governments did when they had a registration list showing people owning guns that were legal, but some bureaucrats just decided to ban after the fact? What happened?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #238
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ever heard of a puckle gun? believe me the concept of a machine gun or automatic weapon (a gatling gun is a machine gun but not an automatic) was far more able of comprehension in 1789 than satellite communications, telephones, televisions, computers, or xerox machines
    Like I've been saying, we aways have to reassess new tech

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #239
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like I've been saying, we aways have to reassess new tech
    what do you think the purpose of the second amendment is when adopted?

  10. #240
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    The 'dishonesty' he talks about is that the reality is there are places that required registration, then later decided to ban this or that gun. In the face of that, you came up with a half assed response about breaking the law. Of course the point is that if government has a list of who has what, they can later make things illegal for any number of illogical reasons.

    Have you looked up to see what those governments did when they had a registration list showing people owning guns that were legal, but some bureaucrats just decided to ban after the fact? What happened?
    Only when it is contraband. I did a search, and outside of wild eyed gun sites, I can only find a court case in which the issue was not registration and a switch, but actual contraband, and the court upheld the taking of the weapon. Absent any new information, the question seems fair to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •