View Poll Results: Would you comply with a gun ban?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

    15 16.85%
  • No, I would not.

    74 83.15%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 321

Thread: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

  1. #101
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes. If its democratically brought forth and gone through the proper legislative process, and the only way they would do that is repeal the 2nd amendment, but that will never happen.

    you cannot repeal any of the BOR...rights are unalienable..

    John Adams--[You have Rights] antecedent to all earthly governments: Rights, that cannot be repealed<----- or restrained by human laws; Rights, derived from the Great .... of the Bill of Rights as its point of departure in interpreting and enforcing that Bill of Rights

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Of course not. The people need to be armed with militarily effective weapons. How can they form a militia without them?
    Repeal the Gun Control Act of 1987.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well what would they say? the M16 was far more conceivable in 1790 than the internet or tv or radio was
    When the founders wrote the 1st Amendment they meant telegrams and pidgins, not military grade high-capacity assault internetz.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well what would they say? the M16 was far more conceivable in 1790 than the internet or tv or radio was
    Still, neither were conceivable. Not was the scope of an army that would have such a massive build up. They never conceived of any of it. And if they void see this, it would be interesting, and I suspect disappointing to everyone what hey would say.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    you cannot repeal any of the BOR...rights are unalienable..

    John Adams--[You have Rights] antecedent to all earthly governments: Rights, that cannot be repealed<----- or restrained by human laws; Rights, derived from the Great .... of the Bill of Rights as its point of departure in interpreting and enforcing that Bill of Rights

    In the Cruikshank decision (mid 1870s) the USSC noted that the RKBA was not CREATED by the USSC and would exist even if the document were to disappear. dishonest racist and bigoted federal judges used that language to claim that the second amendment did not create (true it recognized) an individual RKBA

    senile Justice Stevens whined about Heller overturning crappy CoA decisions-claiming that they should be respected despite being unable to argue that they were based on proper interpretations of Cruikshank

  6. #106
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Still, neither were conceivable. Not was the scope of an army that would have such a massive build up. They never conceived of any of it. And if they void see this, it would be interesting, and I suspect disappointing to everyone what hey would say.
    you are incorrect

    the concept of a rapid firing firearm already existed.

  7. #107
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Repeal the Gun Control Act of 1987.
    you mean the Hughes Amendment of 1986 that banned anyone other than servants of the state from possessing machine guns made after may 19, 1986

  8. #108
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are incorrect

    the concept of a rapid firing firearm already existed.
    Not for mass consumption. Not individually. Not with the violence we see today. No, I don't think I'm off much at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #109
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    In the Cruikshank decision (mid 1870s) the USSC noted that the RKBA was not CREATED by the USSC and would exist even if the document were to disappear. dishonest racist and bigoted federal judges used that language to claim that the second amendment did not create (true it recognized) an individual RKBA

    senile Justice Stevens whined about Heller overturning crappy CoA decisions-claiming that they should be respected despite being unable to argue that they were based on proper interpretations of Cruikshank
    anyone who would try to repeal one or all of the BOR......WOULD BE A TRAITOR TO THE NATION, BECAUSE ALL ELECTED / APPOINTED OFFICIAL MUST SWEAR, TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BOR.

    to try and repeal would be to violate their very oath

  10. #110
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Would You Give Up Your Guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not for mass consumption. Not individually. Not with the violence we see today. No, I don't think I'm off much at all.
    You are just making stuff up now. less people are killed with the crap your side calls "military grade rifles" than with baseball bats, knives and hammers

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •