View Poll Results: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Any further Obama backed Legislation might cause a Civil War.

    21 14.00%
  • Maybe, It matters what happens in the near future.

    34 22.67%
  • No, The U.S. is not nearing a Civil War.

    77 51.33%
  • Somewhat, People like Alex Jones will cause the nation to further split along their opinion lines.

    3 2.00%
  • Not Possibly, This is just a small uproar that will soon pass over.

    15 10.00%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 255

Thread: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

  1. #71
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If you say so, bud... you must know all about it, so I can heave a sigh of relief and quit worrying now that you've spoken.

    Er... who are you, again?
    Your thought process, just like those of the other like minded people stop at the " I'm gonna take up arms" point. There's a lot more involved then just that. You have to have an organized Militia which you don't. You have to have a plan, which you don't, you have to have a planned out objective, which you don't. You have to know whom your targets are, which you don't. Are you ready to destroy your neighborhood or do you have a secret hiding place. The only thing people like you have is talk. You say yu will take on the Gov. if they step too far, where's your point of no return, when do you and your militia stand up. Look at all the rights we've lost over the last several decades. Think Homeland Security, TSA, where's the line for you? I'm really curious, Where's the line for you?

    Who am I: I spent 25 years in the U.S.Navy EOD. I've crawled thru the mud,blood and tears. I've planned and executed missions into countries you've never even heard of. I do have a pretty good idea of what I speak. Whats your resume?
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  2. #72
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Interestingly, the people that fight against a government are usually doing it because of perceived transgressions by that government. Just sayin'
    Since you were making a pretty broad statement, I decided to make it a bit more narrow, and accurate. How many crimes are committed each year by people who think that government has wronged them in a unique and unconstitutional manner, and decide to take it out on government employees? Like police officers.

    Sure, I can see cases where armed resistance against a government has been justified, because the people have been oppressed. But in the United States, those who resort to violence because they claim to be oppressed insult oppressed peoples throughout history.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #73
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Just for grins. The next time you go to the store, or Mall, or just driving down the street or just at your neighbors. Look around you, look at the people. Look at how fat and lazy they are. Watch them walk, do they walk with their heads up looking around at a brisk pace, or do they shuffle along looking down. If you in a grocery store look at what's in their baskets. these people are the militia your gonna put your lives in the hands of.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Since you were making a pretty broad statement, I decided to make it a bit more narrow, and accurate. How many crimes are committed each year by people who think that government has wronged them in a unique and unconstitutional manner, and decide to take it out on government employees? Like police officers.
    How do you think you would fight the government at this point? You can very well go face to face against them you know.

    Sure, I can see cases where armed resistance against a government has been justified, because the people have been oppressed. But in the United States, those who resort to violence because they claim to be oppressed insult oppressed peoples throughout history.
    Are you aware we are dealing with more than the people that fought the American revolution did? Did they insult all these oppressed people too?

  5. #75
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    It should be noted that, just like the Civil War and the American Revolution, relatively few actually fought for each side. Most of the population was in the stands cheering for their team and booing the other (and suffering from the damage caused in the ruckus).

  6. #76
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How do you think you would fight the government at this point? You can very well go face to face against them you know.
    I woudn't *fight* the government. There is a forum for civil discourse, and a way to affect change and reform. The political process has not collapsed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Are you aware we are dealing with more than the people that fought the American revolution did? Did they insult all these oppressed people too?
    During the American Revolution, the political process did collapse. There was no way for redress. There is today. Whenever the process collapses, then we can start looking at revolution and resistance. But it's highly unlikely that'll happen to the United States now. Big difference from Revolutionary times.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  7. #77
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Isn't it funny that those who crow the loudest about the constitution are the ones who threaten violence instead of following the constitutionally created methods for change?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #78
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas105 View Post
    Do you think the United States is approaching an upcoming Civil War? Or maybe we will just become more and more divided?
    lol, no. Not even close.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #79
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Isn't it funny that those who crow the loudest about the constitution are the ones who threaten violence instead of following the constitutionally created methods for change?
    All the while claiming it's in defense of the Constitution...
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #80
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Is the United States Nearing a Civil War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Isn't it funny that those who crow the loudest about the constitution are the ones who threaten violence instead of following the constitutionally created methods for change?
    I agree with that for the large part, however, in a few things we're beyond what constitutional amendment can addresss. The court will just neuter whatever change is made by interpretting it falsely. In fact, that's a good part of the issue now. Take copyright law and the public domain. SCOTUS has destroyed the framer's intent on that one and no amendment to the constitution can address that.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •