View Poll Results: Does Marijuana destroy brain cells?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it destroys brain cells.

    16 45.71%
  • No, it doesn't destroy brain cells.

    12 34.29%
  • I don't know.

    7 20.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Marijuana and IQ Damage

  1. #41
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    How do I justify banning cigarettes? I have never in my entire life ever said that I want to ban cigarettes. What the hell are you talking about?

    Weed, or tobacco, or anything, when consumed via vaporizer, which I explained to you last post, does not create smoke, and as such does not damage your lungs. Your ignorance on the subject as an alleged cop or whatever it is you are is astounding.



    Man you don't even bother yourself to read up on the effects of weed, do you? You seem to fundamentally lack all understanding of how it works. The effects of weed, just like alcohol, vary based on how much of it you consume. Just how you can be a little buzzed from alcohol, you can be a little high. You can be very drunk, and you can be very high.

    It is unbelievably similar to alcohol, you just don't like the comparison because that would make you as bad as the people you hate so much.
    First of all I wasnt intending the cigarette ban with just you...so I guess we should hand out free vaporizers and have training class's on the safe way to smoke weed in school once its legalized ?

    It is unbelievably similar to alcohol, you just don't like the comparison because that would make you as bad as the people you hate so much.[/QUOTE]

    Now I hate weed smokers ? Lmaorofl...ahhh lets see...I hate homosexuals because im against gay marriage and now I hate weed smokers because i dont want it legalized...lol...Wow im on a roll, I gotta figure out who im going to hate next.
    Alcohol and weed arent even CLOSE to being the same thing.....once again you can drink everyday and never get high or impaired...you cant smoke weed without getting whacked...

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    First of all I wasnt intending the cigarette ban with just you...so I guess we should hand out free vaporizers and have training class's on the safe way to smoke weed in school once its legalized ?

    It is unbelievably similar to alcohol, you just don't like the comparison because that would make you as bad as the people you hate so much.
    Now I hate weed smokers ? Lmaorofl...ahhh lets see...I hate homosexuals because im against gay marriage and now I hate weed smokers because i dont want it legalized...lol...Wow im on a roll, I gotta figure out who im going to hate next.
    Alcohol and weed arent even CLOSE to being the same thing.....once again you can drink everyday and never get high or impaired...you cant smoke weed without getting whacked...[/QUOTE]

    Yes you can.

    You are displaying a disturbing ignorance on this subject.

    MOST adult smokers i know only get "whacked" occasionally, even though they may smoke.every day. And getting "whacked", even at California potencies, requires an actual effort for anyone who.smokes regularly. Several hits, not just one or two.

    Your arguments sound foolish to anyone who actually smokes or is actually familiar with those who do.

    Pots not a universal panacea. But its less harmful than alcohol by any metric you care to examine. Even LE has shifted to "Lets not add another substance to the legal mix. We have enough trouble with alcohol already.". Even they don't try to use the old canards anymore.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #43
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Now I hate weed smokers ? Lmaorofl...ahhh lets see...I hate homosexuals because im against gay marriage and now I hate weed smokers because i dont want it legalized...lol...Wow im on a roll, I gotta figure out who im going to hate next.
    Alcohol and weed arent even CLOSE to being the same thing.....once again you can drink everyday and never get high or impaired...you cant smoke weed without getting whacked...
    Yes you can.

    You are displaying a disturbing ignorance on this subject.

    MOST adult smokers i know only get "whacked" occasionally, even though they may smoke.every day. And getting "whacked", even at California potencies, requires an actual effort for anyone who.smokes regularly. Several hits, not just one or two.

    Your arguments sound foolish to anyone who actually smokes or is actually familiar with those who do.

    Pots not a universal panacea. But its less harmful than alcohol by any metric you care to examine. Even LE has shifted to "Lets not add another substance to the legal mix. We have enough trouble with alcohol already.". Even they don't try to use the old canards anymore.[/QUOTE]

    You are disturbingly trying to BS me...whacked in my definition is high or mentally or physically incapacitated to any degree any one that smokes weed is that..to different degrees. That is the sole purpose of smoking weed.
    You cant smoke an after dinner joint and not get high....you can have a joint with lunch or for lunch and not get high and to try say anything different is nonesense...
    Whats really foolish is you trying to dress me down with an ridiculous argument thats absolutely NOT TRUE.
    Listen what if...alcoholics drink straight vodka and go to work and APPEAR not to be drunk...they are STONED you build somewhat of a tolerance with constant daily heavy drinking that requires you to drink larger amounts to get the same affect..not falling over your feet and slurring your words does not mean SOBER and the same goes for heavy weed smokers..
    No matter how you try to denigrate what ive said you cant change FACT..the fact that alcohol can be used DAILY in moderation and is by millions of people without any change of motor ability or psyche that why there is a ALCOHOL level for driving...you are not impaired until you reach that level...there is NO SUCH level for weed because you either smoke it or you dont...if you do your impaired and if weed was legal there would be no such barometer to determine driving impairment...it would be the same you either smoked weed and drove or you did not....so please dont give your self righteous I know everything and your a dumbass routine ok..people that disagree with you can be right...lets not make this personal.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Yes you can.

    You are displaying a disturbing ignorance on this subject.

    MOST adult smokers i know only get "whacked" occasionally, even though they may smoke.every day. And getting "whacked", even at California potencies, requires an actual effort for anyone who.smokes regularly. Several hits, not just one or two.

    Your arguments sound foolish to anyone who actually smokes or is actually familiar with those who do.

    Pots not a universal panacea. But its less harmful than alcohol by any metric you care to examine. Even LE has shifted to "Lets not add another substance to the legal mix. We have enough trouble with alcohol already.". Even they don't try to use the old canards anymore.
    You are disturbingly trying to BS me...whacked in my definition is high or mentally or physically incapacitated to any degree any one that smokes weed is that..to different degrees. That is the sole purpose of smoking weed.
    You cant smoke an after dinner joint and not get high....you can have a joint with lunch or for lunch and not get high and to try say anything different is nonesense...
    Whats really foolish is you trying to dress me down with an ridiculous argument thats absolutely NOT TRUE.
    Listen what if...alcoholics drink straight vodka and go to work and APPEAR not to be drunk...they are STONED you build somewhat of a tolerance with constant daily heavy drinking that requires you to drink larger amounts to get the same affect..not falling over your feet and slurring your words does not mean SOBER and the same goes for heavy weed smokers..
    No matter how you try to denigrate what ive said you cant change FACT..the fact that alcohol can be used DAILY in moderation and is by millions of people without any change of motor ability or psyche that why there is a ALCOHOL level for driving...you are not impaired until you reach that level...there is NO SUCH level for weed because you either smoke it or you dont...if you do your impaired and if weed was legal there would be no such barometer to determine driving impairment...it would be the same you either smoked weed and drove or you did not....so please dont give your self righteous I know everything and your a dumbass routine ok..people that disagree with you can be right...lets not make this personal.[/QUOTE]

    Nonsense.

    The fact that there is.currently no accurate method of chemically determining impairment with pot does NOT mean that a single hit "impairs" any body any more than a single drink.

    The lack of this technology has been used as a reason to NOT legalize.

    And the alcohol tolerance you mention is the same mechanism that functions in regular smokers.

    Theres lots of legitimate issues concerning this societies relationship to pot.

    Your.assessments are purely personal and are not supported by observable reality.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #45
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    You are disturbingly trying to BS me...whacked in my definition is high or mentally or physically incapacitated to any degree any one that smokes weed is that..to different degrees. That is the sole purpose of smoking weed.
    You cant smoke an after dinner joint and not get high....you can have a joint with lunch or for lunch and not get high and to try say anything different is nonesense...
    Whats really foolish is you trying to dress me down with an ridiculous argument thats absolutely NOT TRUE.
    Listen what if...alcoholics drink straight vodka and go to work and APPEAR not to be drunk...they are STONED you build somewhat of a tolerance with constant daily heavy drinking that requires you to drink larger amounts to get the same affect..not falling over your feet and slurring your words does not mean SOBER and the same goes for heavy weed smokers..
    No matter how you try to denigrate what ive said you cant change FACT..the fact that alcohol can be used DAILY in moderation and is by millions of people without any change of motor ability or psyche that why there is a ALCOHOL level for driving...you are not impaired until you reach that level...there is NO SUCH level for weed because you either smoke it or you dont...if you do your impaired and if weed was legal there would be no such barometer to determine driving impairment...it would be the same you either smoked weed and drove or you did not....so please dont give your self righteous I know everything and your a dumbass routine ok..people that disagree with you can be right...lets not make this personal.
    Nonsense.

    The fact that there is.currently no accurate method of chemically determining impairment with pot does NOT mean that a single hit "impairs" any body any more than a single drink.

    The lack of this technology has been used as a reason to NOT legalize.

    And the alcohol tolerance you mention is the same mechanism that functions in regular smokers.

    Theres lots of legitimate issues concerning this societies relationship to pot.

    Your.assessments are purely personal and are not supported by observable reality.[/QUOTE]


    You have failed again...you cannot dispute than any person can have a drink or two and not be in any way psychologically or physically impaired....that is NOT the case with smoking weed...you either smoke it or you dont. You can dance around that all you want but you cant make it go away.

  6. #46
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    They tried to control addiction in the 70s when they stuck methadon clinics in every major city that incorporated the handing out of free legalized drugs along with counseling...IT FAILED MISERABLY...it was like collecting unemployment...you had to go to the counselor tell them what you did since the day before you got your free fix to get your next free fix.
    Then all of a sudden they realized they had methadon addicts running around, drinking cough medicine and buying illegal cebas off the street to enhance and extend their artificial heroin high of methadon.
    Then guess what happened next ? they started selling meth on the street illegally....this assertion that someone legalizing drugs is going to minimize addiction is crap and its just going to make it easier to get and easier to start using for people who dont who may be inclined. Many weed smokers are cross addicts
    I get a real kick out of anything that a group wants access too how all of a sudden it miraculously becomes good for you and they conjure up all these reasons WHY its better for society....lol...
    Yet the govt spent billions on its war against cigarette smoking and that was ok...and they want cigarettes banned as a health issue yet somehow weed smoke isnt....lets legalize peyote too..

    To the person that said alchohol is addictive as weed that is total nonesense....millions of people everyday drink a glass of wine with dinner and thats it...or have a beer with lunch they dont get high and they dont have to have it...but weeds one and only purpose is to get you stoned...there is no inbetween there is no smoking weed in moderation...its either straight or whacked..
    millions of people smoke dope and aren't addicted.

    where addiction issues arise, regardless of the drug, it is a health issue.

    the issue of dealing with addicts (as in the methadone situation you refer to) may depend on a number of other factors.

    regardless of what the drug is, you need to take a comprehensive approach to addressing the problem, not a bandaid approach.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  7. #47
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    millions of people smoke dope and aren't addicted.

    where addiction issues arise, regardless of the drug, it is a health issue.

    the issue of dealing with addicts (as in the methadone situation you refer to) may depend on a number of other factors.

    regardless of what the drug is, you need to take a comprehensive approach to addressing the problem, not a bandaid approach.
    psychological addiction is stronger than physical addiction...

  8. #48
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    psychological addiction is stronger than physical addiction...
    yes it may well be - and especially for some people/drugs - but why is that relevant to what I said?
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  9. #49
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    497

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You have failed again...you cannot dispute than any person can have a drink or two and not be in any way psychologically or physically impaired....that is NOT the case with smoking weed...you either smoke it or you dont. You can dance around that all you want but you cant make it go away.
    lpast, are you seriously asserting that there are no gradients of intoxication with marijuana, only binary states of stoned/not-stoned? That one cigarette smoker's puff intoxicates just as heavily as smoking an entire Snoop Dog sized blunt?

    That's absurd. Stoners will often take only a single hit to ease stress and/or avoid withdrawal, yet remain lucid enough to function unimpaired. In the appropriate venues, I've often indulged to the point of insensate intoxication, yet moderated my inebriation while indulging in more cerebral recreational activities. (i.e. getting torn up when playing a button mashing game of Mario Party versus a few puffs while playing chess)

    I think your personal experience with a one beer lunch is entirely an artifact of sanctions against marijuana. Alcohol use isn't exactly laudable, but there is no great consternation against the occasional dalliance. Marijuana is illegal (and you freakin' work in law enforcement), creating great pressure to avoid similar disclosure.

    What would your opinion of alcohol be if everyone took pains to hide their one beer at lunch and you only noticed alcohol intoxication when it reached intemperate levels?

  10. #50
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Marijuana and IQ Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Actually, our IQ increases with our age till our 50s or so. Until the point where your brain starts decomposing.
    Hmmm... should I go by what you say or what the article I once saw said.... Decisions, decisions.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •