View Poll Results: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 4.11%
  • No

    70 95.89%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

  1. #61
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I listened to Rush on my car radio today and he just heard about this and he's mighty afeared the pedophilia is imminent as a new social fashion. So, no worries, Rush is on the job.
    Rush is adding a new school to his current Limbaugh University for Conservatism. It's the Limbaugh School of fanaticism.

    In fact, Rush is a "Fanatic without a cause".

  2. #62
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    actually it points out the fact that homosexuality has zero to do with pedophilia, try reading it again
    Saying that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia is like saying that heterosexuality is linked to pedophilia. Being attracted to children is a fetish of its own, it cannot be placed within traditional orientations, just like attraction to animals of a specific sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  3. #63
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Saying that homosexuality is linked to pedophilia is like saying that heterosexuality is linked to pedophilia. Being attracted to children is a fetish of its own, it cannot be placed within traditional orientations, just like attraction to animals of a specific sex.
    well im not keen on the words fetish and traditional but you are correct, they are factually not related and anybody that thinks otherwise just simply proves how uneducated they are on this subject.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #64
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well im not keen on the words fetish and traditional but you are correct, they are factually not related and anybody that thinks otherwise just simply proves how uneducated they are on this subject.
    A fetish is really just any abnormal and potentially harmful sexual attraction. Homosexuality is not a fetish, it is "traditional" (by that I meant more mainstream) so it's apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #65
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    I'm not sure why so many people think there will be some trend toward a lower age of consent/age of marriage laws. That is the opposite of what we have been seeing, despite the greater acceptance of adults having what was once considered deviant sex with each other.

    Most states allowed marriage for teens with just parental permission. Now, most states require a court order for teens to marry, the age the court order needed at dependent on the state, but many have it for any under 16. Heck, Mississippi laws say anyone under 21 must have parental consent, and Nebraska laws say anyone 17 or 18 (under 17 cannot marry) must have parental consent form. Several states have started to require premarital counseling for teens getting married. And many courts are denying marriage to teens, especially younger teens even for pregnancy.

    It seems that most states are confining teens to only being able to sleep with someone around their age, period. And the trend is keeping age of marriage older, which is consistent with where we hold teens legally responsible for themselves (in most places). (Personally, I don't agree with Miss. or Neb.(18) law since someone old enough to enlist in the military without parental permission should not have to ask their parents to sign a permission form for them to get married.) Once a person can take legal responsibility for themselves, they should be allowed to legally marry. I wouldn't have an issue though with requiring premarital counseling for younger people getting married.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 04-19-13 at 01:35 AM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #66
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'm not sure why so many people think there will be some trend toward a lower age of consent/age of marriage laws. That is the opposite of what we have been seeing, despite the greater acceptance of adults having what was once considered deviant sex with each other.

    Most states allowed marriage for teens with just parental permission. Now, most states require a court order for teens to marry, the age the court order needed at dependent on the state, but many have it for any under 16. Heck, Mississippi laws say anyone under 21 must have parental consent, and Nebraska laws say anyone 17 or 18 (under 17 cannot marry) must have parental consent form. Several states have started to require premarital counseling for teens getting married. And many courts are denying marriage to teens, especially younger teens even for pregnancy.

    It seems that most states are confining teens to only being able to sleep with someone around their age, period. And the trend is keeping age of marriage older, which is consistent with where we hold teens legally responsible for themselves (in most places). (Personally, I don't agree with Miss. or Neb.(18) law since someone old enough to enlist in the military without parental permission should not have to ask their parents to sign a permission form for them to get married.) Once a person can take legal responsibility for themselves, they should be allowed to legally marry. I wouldn't have an issue though with requiring premarital counseling for younger people getting married.
    ignorance? denial? fear? bigotry?

    who knows but theres no logical reason to think equal rights for gays will lead to legal rape and sexually assult, its insanely dishonest and nobody rational buys it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Or c) This is a ridiculous question.

    I'll vote for that one.

  8. #68
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Or c) This is a ridiculous question.

    I'll vote for that one.
    I agree it is but yet the fact remains there are some uneducated enough around here to think that it will

    the thread was to show them how irrational and wrong their thinking was
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I agree it is but yet the fact remains there are some uneducated enough around here to think that it will

    the thread was to show them how irrational and wrong their thinking was
    Fair enough.

    Thanks for setting me straight...pardon the pun.


    On the positive side - almost 95% have so far said 'no'.

  10. #70
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Fair enough.

    Thanks for setting me straight...pardon the pun.
    lol nice!

    no biggie.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •