View Poll Results: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 4.11%
  • No

    70 95.89%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

  1. #41
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    As far as I can tell, there is no age gap requirement in any state. Just minimum age.

    You are so correct about pregnancy and prepubescent. I didn't think my post through very well, did I?
    Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?-imgres-3-jpeg
    Teen Marriage License Laws, Minors Requirements, by State




    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    but again if pregnant thats factually NOT prepubescent right?
    now im not saying that many wouldnt still view it as such im just saying its a different criteria.

    do you know the states and the criteria like possible age gap

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    As far as I can tell, there is no age gap requirement in any state. Just minimum age.

    You are so correct about pregnancy and prepubescent. I didn't think my post through very well, did I?
    Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?-imgres-3-jpeg
    Teen Marriage License Laws, Minors Requirements, by State
    lol no biggie i was just pointing out the definition of pedophilia but like i said many use it very loosely so many would still call it that

    thanks for the link ill check it out!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    i think you have it partially right, YOU should stick to beer because YOU are confused.

    I agree hetero/homo/polygamy marriage relationships are TOTALLY different from child abuse, thats exactly what i said. Maybe read it again
    To what conceivable benefit?

  4. #44
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    To what conceivable benefit?
    to protect liver and brain cells maybe?

    all though i do drink rum myself
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #45
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    not saying you are wrong cause i admit i simply do not know, you may be 100% correct but what stat legalizes marriage at 14 to another person much older (not just another teen) without parnet consent and pedophiles are stereotypically attracted to per-pubesent children. working with youths, 14 aint it.
    Until 2008, in Virginia, the law stated:
    18.2-66. Effect of subsequent marriage to child over fourteen years of age.

    If the carnal knowledge is with the consent of the child and such child is fourteen years of age or older, the subsequent marriage of the parties may be pleaded to any indictment found against the accused. The court, upon proof of such marriage, and that the parties are living together as husband and wife, and that the accused has properly provided for, supported, and maintained and is at the time properly providing, supporting and maintaining the spouse and the issue of such marriage, if any, shall continue the case from time to time and from term to term, until the spouse reaches the age of sixteen years. Thereupon the court shall dismiss the indictment already found against the accused for the aforesaid offense. However, if the accused deserts such spouse before the spouse reaches the age of sixteen without just cause, any indictment found against the accused for such offense shall be tried without regard to the number of times the case has been continued, and whether such continuance is entered upon the order book.
    Note that in Virginia, "Carnal Knowledge of a Child" only applies to ages 13 and 14, so this marriage law only applied to 14 year olds.
    (under 13 is rape, and 15 to 17 is the misdemeanor "leading to the deliquency of a child" for adults 18 and older).

    Now, it was repealed because over the years marriage laws changed and a 14 year old could no longer marry even with parental consent.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #46
    User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-13 @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    It's a very poor slippery-slopes argument. I'm sure some fringe element in the 1960's argued that giving equal rights to blacks would eventually lead to us giving equal rights to animals. It simply doesn't work like that.

  7. #47
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Until 2008, in Virginia, the law stated:
    Note that in Virginia, "Carnal Knowledge of a Child" only applies to ages 13 and 14, so this marriage law only applied to 14 year olds.
    (under 13 is rape, and 15 to 17 is the misdemeanor "leading to the deliquency of a child" for adults 18 and older).

    Now, it was repealed because over the years marriage laws changed and a 14 year old could no longer marry even with parental consent.
    thanks for the info, lots of similar stuff was in the link he gave me also, about history, marriage down to 16, 15, 14 but usually only with parental consent +/- judge/social worker/court order/pregnancy
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    It's a very poor slippery-slopes argument. I'm sure some fringe element in the 1960's argued that giving equal rights to blacks would eventually lead to us giving equal rights to animals. It simply doesn't work like that.
    exactly the vast majority of these arguments used against minority rights, womens rights and interracial marriage were nonsensical, illogical and bigoted then and that holds true today also.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Of course not..
    Rights...............are for adults, but not adults with the mind of a child.....in other words, the state must limits rights.

  10. #50
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Many years ago, I was listening to a radio talk show in San Francisco, and the guest was some guy who tracked NAMBLA. "Tracked" as in keeping tabs on them because he sought to limit their progress and influence. A "watch dog, if you will.

    Anyway, he said that groups like NAMBLA had been researching the very beginnings of the gay acceptance movement from decades earlier and were actively planning the same strategies.

    Don't be so sure it will never happen. It probably won't happen in any of our lifetimes, but that doesn't mean it never will.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •