View Poll Results: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 4.11%
  • No

    70 95.89%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Doesn't pedophilia only describe prepubescent children? Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    In a technical sense, yes. In the way I see most people use it (see the other post for example talking about female teacher/student stories, many of which lately were not prepubescent incidents) I would say no. Pedophilia seems to typically be used as a catch all for sex with "children" of any sorts. For example, a 11 year old girl I believe is not technically "prepubescent" but yet would often be considered "child porn" or "pedophilia" if sexual activity was being engaged. In this thread, and in others on this forum, I've rarely seen people going off the clinical definition when discussing it. Nor do I think that's the mindset of specifics that people who foolishly toss the slippery slope argument out there.

  2. #32
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Any acceptance of any relationships between consenting adults automatically leads to acceptance of pedophilia because if we go around accepting the mutually agreed upon actions of consenting adults the underpants gnomes win.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #33
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    The attempts to link polygamy and SSM are actually pretty funny. Most of the modern polygamy situations, like the cult compounds that the FBI raids, don't deal with consenting adults. It's usually older, powerful men with underage brides. Statutory rape of a minor is the main thing these guys are charged with. One man with a group of fifteen year old brides. That's our main example of polygamy in this country. So, between the three concepts discussed here, SSM, polygamy, and pedophilia, the latter two have a connection, but neither has anything to do with the first.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #34
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I should stick to beer, lad. What you are on is getting you hopelessly confused. Homosexuality, polygamy and child abuse are totally different issues, and only an American Extremist could possibly confuse them.
    i think you have it partially right, YOU should stick to beer because YOU are confused.

    I agree hetero/homo/polygamy marriage relationships are TOTALLY different from child abuse, thats exactly what i said. Maybe read it again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #35
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1.)You ask again and yet you still do the same bias, unobjective, bull**** questioning by calling it "child rape".

    As you said, I answered your bull**** question once before. If you want me to clarify you're going to have to actually ask a better question.

    2.)Are you asking "Will equal gay rights and polgamy rights lead to legalization of sex with underage individuals"
    3.)or are you asking "Will equal gay rights and polgamy rights lead to legalizing all forms of rape when done to those under 18 years of age"?
    4.)Since you keep putting "pedophilia(Child Rape)" as part of the question and since you are seemingly lumping instances of "asault, molestation, and force" with other instances of sex being engaged, it murky's what you're asking.
    5.)Not surprisingly, because those that seek to be dishonest are often murky in their way of terming things.

    6.)In either case I don't think it will "lead" to it, in so much that I don't think that legalizing interracial marriage will have "led" to same sex marriage.
    7.) I think it the push for same sex marriage borrows much of from the battle for interracial marriage, but ultimately I think the push of it's own movement is what will "lead" to it happening.
    8.)If polygamy somehow becomes further legalized I don't think interracial or same sex marriage will be what "led" to it, I think it'll be largely born of its own push. And as such, if the above situations happened I don't think those things will have been "led" by the others.

    8.)Would the arguments, tactics, and political philosophies that are used to argue for interracial marriage and interracial marriage be used as part of the argument? Absolutely. Could it potentially happen sometime in the future? In the first instance, I think the answer is yes but unlikely...in the second, I'd say little to no chance.
    1.)so you have nothing then? got it
    fact is theres a lot of pedophilia that is child rape until you can change that fact dismissing it cause you dont like it is a failed tactic
    im not sure why this fact bothers you?

    2.) no of course not because that alone is NOT pedophilia.
    3.) nope not asking that either because that also is not pedophilia nor did i suggest it was or even come close to using those words in an ALL inclusive manner
    4.) you keep saying this but the fact remains those things ARE part of pedophilia and its great that you want to know specifics, i got no problem with that as i respect you as a poster but you most certainly are assuming you know the answers to these questions without even asking me. Maybe you should check what every emotion this stirs for you and just ask direct unassumed questions.
    5.) again no dishonest and you havent even come close to support that claim at all because facts support me.
    6.) agree and of course we dont because logic doesnt support it.
    7.) agreed, equal rights issues do share common ground, a lot of it, these happens by default.
    8.) i also agree especially beause equal rights fight cant be used here unless broadened and redefined.
    9.) not sure what happened here, i think you reused or used the wrong titles, you said interracial marriage twice
    so im going to guess that one of these should be pedophilia and please correct me if im wrong.

    will there be common things shared by ALL these movements? yes of course, only a fool would think there wouldnt, some will apply, some people will falsely use and try to make apply.

    but at the end of the day pedophilia will still be a huge failure because logs of cases involve minors, non consent, child molestation, rape, assault and a victim.

    YES im sure there are cases where consent may be given or more likely COERCED but all the things i listed do in fact play a large part in pedophilia and they are HUGE things to get around which IMO will never happen. Nor is there ANYTHING like them as related to gay/hetero marriage etc.

    And lets take one of the things you said, what if consent/minor was changed to 12, then what? what about all the kids under that, who are touched, assulted, victimized, raped, molested or simply just had sex with would that still not be pedophilia?

    my point is age/consent is only PART of it and even with age and consent we are already looking at CHANGING two things that arent a factor when talking the others on the list. DO you not see that?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Attachment 67140675

    Of course, we already have states that allow marriage at 14 don't we? So, that's legalized pedophilia as far as I can tell.

    But the image you're trying to have us visualize is too unlikely to consider.
    not saying you are wrong cause i admit i simply do not know, you may be 100% correct but what stat legalizes marriage at 14 to another person much older (not just another teen) without parnet consent and pedophiles are stereotypically attracted to per-pubesent children. working with youths, 14 aint it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Doesn't pedophilia only describe prepubescent children? Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That's what I always take it to mean anyway. I could definitely see standards toward high-school age kids relaxing in some ways, but I've seen no movement whatsoever to try and get sexual acts with prepubescent children legalized or normalized.
    yes it does and while its not widely accepted teens(15-17) and adults(18+) have been having relations forever, views of that vary but its nothing new
    and to be honest there are movements out there to get sexual acts with prepubescent children legalized or normalized but they will be a huge failure because of the nature of them which is very unlike hetero/homo/polygamy marriage relationships.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #38
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-21-13 @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Marriage (when it is not forced) is not harmful to anybody. Therefore there is no reason why it should not be legal. This question doesn't actually make sense, and you can see that by the poll results.

  9. #39
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    14 year olds can marry WITH parental consent in several states and even younger if they are pregnant.

    So, to my POV, this is legalized pedophilia. So SSM certainly shouldn't be a problem unti some 55 y.o. guy marries his 14 y.o. boyfriend. Then, we'll see some interesting responses. Suddenly, pedophilia will be "bad".


    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    not saying you are wrong cause i admit i simply do not know, you may be 100% correct but what stat legalizes marriage at 14 to another person much older (not just another teen) without parnet consent and pedophiles are stereotypically attracted to per-pubesent children. working with youths, 14 aint it.

  10. #40
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    14 year olds can marry WITH parental consent in several states and even younger if they are pregnant.

    So, to my POV, this is legalized pedophilia. So SSM certainly shouldn't be a problem until some 55 y.o. guy marries his 14 y.o. boyfriend. Then, we'll see some interesting responses. Suddenly, pedophilia will be "bad".
    but again if pregnant thats factually NOT prepubescent right?
    now im not saying that many wouldnt still view it as such im just saying its a different criteria.

    do you know the states and the criteria like possible age gap
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •