View Poll Results: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 4.11%
  • No

    70 95.89%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

  1. #11
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    I don't think it will lead to legalized pedophilia either. However, I do see a trend towards normalization of pedophilic tendencies, and society in the coming decades will not see child/adult relationships in such harsh black and white terms anymore. The trend has already begun with the myriad female teacher sex scandals, mainstreaming of more and more revealing and adult themed costuming at child pageants, and the overall perception that "kids are going to experiment anyway". If you think kids don't coerce or use imbalance of power to get sex from each other, you're a fool.

    The more permissive and less restrictive society becomes about sex the farther we march toward pedophilic normalization.

    I said it before and I'll say it again. Laugh if you want. Throw whatever kind of condescending one liner you want at me.

    But remember what I said twenty years from now.
    so women getting locked up and thrown in jail is a trend to "normal"?
    also some of the women had boys in HS after poverty, not to mention that happened in my day also so theres no new trend, they didnt get caught, there wasnt internet, cell phone pics and digital cams etc for evidence.

    how do you think it will become normal

    so i do laugh because you havent presented any thing to support the notion, how will: rape, minors, consent, abuse, molestation, assault, force and victim all be "normalized"

    ill gladly listen and respect any opinion that has support, youll have to do better than this though, do you havent anything else, because this surely isnt it?

    i mean so we are clear your reasoning for normalization so far is:
    - teachers getting caught in relationships with students (this isnt new)
    - child pageants and adult costumes (mental parents isnt new and how does this lead to trending sexual behavior with minors normal, my guess is any one of those mental parents dressing thier 4yr olds up like "stereotypical sluts" would als cut you neither regions off if you made inappropriate comments or advances.
    - overall perception that kids are going to experiment anyway? (not even sure what this means and again what ever it means im guessing those same people dont mean experiment by getting raped, abused, assaulted etc.)

    like i said is there something else you have?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #12
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    so the question is, will equal gay rights and possible future polygamy rights lead to legalized pedophilia?
    That's as likely as exceptions for religious organisations in anti-discrimination laws leading to exceptions for religious organisations in anti-paedophilia laws.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    The only thing I'd see even MILDLY feasible is a push to move the age of consent downwards into the early teen years rather than the 16-18 year old range that is currently in place. However that's unlikely to happen. Not because of the ridiculous faux scenario that the OP created by pointedly presenting a biased presentation of the situation using hot button words on one end as a means of an argument. Rather, it's because there is less of a political base that is likely to care about expanding the rights of youth which is really what the movement would have to be predicated on to happen. If it were to ever begin getting pushed it would not be a movement to "Let old guys trick young women to have sex with them", it'd be a movement to allow "Young people who mature at a quicker pace then in the past make responsable decisions over their own body and life". The problem is that the initial push for movements to get going typically come from those WITHIN that groups base, and youth are notoriously poor in terms of organizing political pressure.

  4. #14
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The only thing I'd see even MILDLY feasible is a push to move the age of consent downwards into the early teen years rather than the 16-18 year old range that is currently in place. However that's unlikely to happen. Not because of the ridiculous faux scenario that the OP created by pointedly presenting a biased presentation of the situation using hot button words on one end as a means of an argument. Rather, it's because there is less of a political base that is likely to care about expanding the rights of youth which is really what the movement would have to be predicated on to happen. If it were to ever begin getting pushed it would not be a movement to "Let old guys trick young women to have sex with them", it'd be a movement to allow "Young people who mature at a quicker pace then in the past make responsable decisions over their own body and life". The problem is that the initial push for movements to get going typically come from those WITHIN that groups base, and youth are notoriously poor in terms of organizing political pressure.
    whats faux about it, yes i laid it on thick but its 100% factual. Those things would have to change, be ignored or legalized and thats reality
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-10-13 at 09:53 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    whats faux about it, yes i laid it on thick but its 100% factual. Those things would have to change, be ignored or legalized and thats reality
    That we'd need to "change or legalize the words: rape, minors, consent, abuse, molestation, assault, force and victim."

    No. All you'd need to change is the legal age of consent.

    Since you're going off the "if it changes how it works in any fashion in a literalistic sense" to back up your argument....no problem. From now on you should also be saying that to allow for "gay rights" society must ignore or change the words: deivent, pervert, and sodomy. Since all those words would change somewhat if gay marriage was the norm in society.

  6. #16
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That we'd need to "change or legalize the words: rape, minors, consent, abuse, molestation, assault, force and victim."

    1.) No. All you'd need to change is the legal age of consent.

    Since you're going off the "if it changes how it works in any fashion in a literalistic sense" to back up your argument....no problem.
    2.)From now on you should also be saying that to allow for "gay rights" society must ignore or change the words: deivent, pervert, and3.) sodomy.
    4.)Since all those words would change somewhat if gay marriage was the norm in society.
    1.) I didnt say all of them (inclusively)
    surely you arent insinuating that all child molestation is voluntary and only because its illegal that it is frown upon.

    2.) deviant and pervert are subjective and none of them are illegal or involve crimes or a victim
    3.) sodomy is practiced by straights also, so no again
    4.) actually NONE of those words would have to change at all since they are subjective and sodomy involves straights also


    SOrry Z my statement stands and your examples dont apply as applied to society/logic/acceptance.

    My point was which you seemed to have missed is the logical connection and domino effect things have.

    Even if your examples related do you think its easier to view the word deviant/pervert differently for all of society or rape, minors, consent, abuse, child molestation, assault, force and victim.

    right almost anybody is a deviant/pervert by someone's standards, those words are meaningless
    Last edited by AGENT J; 01-10-13 at 11:21 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Goal post changing. You did not indicate nor suggest in any way that you're speaking specifically and singularly regarding the legal definition of words. If talking about legal definition...most of the ones you listed wouldn't need to change. Rape, Abuse, Molestation, Assault, Force, Victim, etc would not need to change one big from their legal definition. All that would be changing, at most, would be the notion of consent and minor...specifically the lowering of them to a particular degree.

    I don't honestly believe it'd be harder for society to move past the notion of viewing homosexuality as a "deviant behavior" than it would be for society to move into a notion that "13 year olds should have the ability to make decisions concerning their own bodies". I think one is farther fetched then the other currently, and as I said I don't think the latter is likely to gain political momentum for a large variety of reasons...but I don't think either inherently would be more unwieldy for a society to embrace in a general sense.

    As you yourself admitted, you laid it on thick. You laid it on thick like so many of the anti-gay marriage people do and for the same reason...your argument was horribly put together, massively weak, and you didn't wish to give the intellectual energy to actually combat it so you went the simple, lazy, sensationalized way of using emotional buzzwords and a biased presentation as a means of trying to shock people into agreement with you.

  8. #18
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1.)Goal post changing. You did not indicate nor suggest in any way that you're speaking specifically and singularly regarding the legal definition of words. If talking about legal definition...

    2.)most of the ones you listed wouldn't need to change. Rape, Abuse, Molestation, Assault, Force, Victim, etc would not need to change one big from their legal definition. All that would be changing, at most, would be the notion of consent and minor...specifically the lowering of them to a particular degree.

    I don't honestly believe it'd be harder for society to move past the notion of viewing homosexuality as a "deviant behavior" than it would be for society to move into a notion that "13 year olds should have the ability to make decisions concerning their own bodies". I think one is farther fetched then the other currently, and as I said I don't think the latter is likely to gain political momentum for a large variety of reasons...but I don't think either inherently would be more unwieldy for a society to embrace in a general sense.

    3.)As you yourself admitted, you laid it on thick. You laid it on thick like so many of the anti-gay marriage people do and for the same reason...your argument was horribly put together, massively weak, and you didn't wish to give the intellectual energy to actually combat it so you went the simple, lazy, sensationalized way of using emotional buzzwords and a biased presentation as a means of trying to shock people into agreement with you.
    1.)sorry Z i moved no goal post, its silly to even think that i didnt meant rape, molestations, victim, minors etc in any other way. How could I??? especially since my OP talks about RIGHTS, which are legal. WHy would i care about someones subjective opinion when talking rights?

    instead of assuming you simply should have asked, fact is, you guessed wrong, no biggie it happens.

    2.) already proven false since a lot of pedophilia factually involves Rape, Abuse, Molestation, Assault, Force, Victim. Changing consent is meaningless unless again are you suggesting all the minors abused consented.
    SO yes those words would have to change, be ignored or legalized to a degree

    3.) again nobody mention "deviant behavior" because its irrelevant to my post and point, i couldnt care less what people view deviant, not interested in subjective terms like that.

    4.) yes i did lay it on thick to make my point which is still factual, you say its weak and poor etc but yet you have offered nothing at all that makes that so. My statement still stands and you haven't even made a dent in it even a little.

    what i actually said is solid, logical and exposes the broken logic of the people i was talking about, you talking about people opinions of deviant behavior changes nothing. Not sure why this subject seems to get you going but you havent offered any logic to change my statements or fix the broken logic that gay marriage logical could logical lead to legal child molestation.

    SO ill just flat out ask you eventhough you basically said ill ask again.

    Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,994

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    You ask again and yet you still do the same bias, unobjective, bull**** questioning by calling it "child rape".

    As you said, I answered your bull**** question once before. If you want me to clarify you're going to have to actually ask a better question.

    Are you asking "Will equal gay rights and polgamy rights lead to legalization of sex with underage individuals" or are you asking "Will equal gay rights and polgamy rights lead to legalizing all forms of rape when done to those under 18 years of age"? Since you keep putting "pedophilia(Child Rape)" as part of the question and since you are seemingly lumping instances of "asault, molestation, and force" with other instances of sex being engaged, it murky's what you're asking. Not surprisingly, because those that seek to be dishonest are often murky in their way of terming things.

    In either case I don't think it will "lead" to it, in so much that I don't think that legalizing interracial marriage will have "led" to same sex marriage. I think it the push for same sex marriage borrows much of from the battle for interracial marriage, but ultimately I think the push of it's own movement is what will "lead" to it happening. If polygamy somehow becomes further legalized I don't think interracial or same sex marriage will be what "led" to it, I think it'll be largely born of its own push. And as such, if the above situations happened I don't think those things will have been "led" by the others.

    Would the arguments, tactics, and political philosophies that are used to argue for interracial marriage and interracial marriage be used as part of the argument? Absolutley. Could it potentially happen sometime in the future? In the first instance, I think the answer is yes but unlikely...in the second, I'd say little to no chance.

  10. #20
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?

    Will equal gay rights & polgamy rights lead to leglized pedophila(child rape)?-imgres-1-jpeg

    Of course, we already have states that allow marriage at 14 don't we? So, that's legalized pedophilia as far as I can tell.

    But the image you're trying to have us visualize is too unlikely to consider.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    I don't think it will lead to legalized pedophilia either. However, I do see a trend towards normalization of pedophilic tendencies, and society in the coming decades will not see child/adult relationships in such harsh black and white terms anymore. The trend has already begun with the myriad female teacher sex scandals, mainstreaming of more and more revealing and adult themed costuming at child pageants, and the overall perception that "kids are going to experiment anyway". If you think kids don't coerce or use imbalance of power to get sex from each other, you're a fool.

    The more permissive and less restrictive society becomes about sex the farther we march toward pedophilic normalization.

    I said it before and I'll say it again. Laugh if you want. Throw whatever kind of condescending one liner you want at me.

    But remember what I said twenty years from now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •