View Poll Results: Ia Alex Jones "Crazy" and do people take him seriously?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is crazy and i take him seriously

    18 9.14%
  • He isnt crazy and i take him seriously

    21 10.66%
  • He is crazy and i dont take him seriuosly

    119 60.41%
  • He isnt crazy and i don't take him seriuosly

    22 11.17%
  • NWO! OBAMA! REVOLUTION!

    17 8.63%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 241

Thread: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

  1. #191
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    If Ar-15's are so incredibly dangerous and stupid, with no reasonable use, why do the police carry them in their patrol cars?
    Some apes are more equal...

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    First, I really don't mind people having guns and I don't think any of Obama's "reforms" will do much of anything. I would prefer that people have, like you said, some kind of license ensuring that they have taken basic safety classes and don't have a history of hospitalizations for mental issues or felonies and that kind of thing. But I also have no problem with halting production of guns like the AR-15.
    No, not a psychological test, a proficiency test. Everything has a psychological designation at this point, so nobody would have a gun in that case.

    Why the AR-15?? What scares you about it??

    I have gone to a shooting range and used semi-automatic rifles. I think they're ridiculous and there's no reason they should be available. Criminals, like the ones mentioned in the case with the 15 year old kid, are not assassins nor were they going around killing people. The vast majority of robberies are committed by desperate people who do not heavily arm themselves. They are not there to kidnap children or kill entire families. They are there because they think nobody is in the house and they want to loot expensive things to sell so they can support their drug habit - or something similar. While I am not going to shed tears over the loss of life in that case, wiping them out with an AR-15 is unnecessary and I'd prefer that guns are used for protection in the very way you alluded to. You don't need 50 rounds to fend off a couple teenagers looking for a gold necklace to pawn.
    Ha, so we are supposed to have faith that the person breaking in is just desperate... Well, a desperate person is most likely to kill for wha they want and so is best to be properly armed.

    If someone breaks into my house the assumption CANNOT BE that they are good people, the assumption is that these are criminals who are desperate, and need to be stopped.

    Why are you so supportive of criminals??? (intentionally or incidentally)

    You're right, we have a problem with violence in America and we have way more gun violence than other countries. It's not because of guns. There are other reasons and this debate will only touch the surface of that issue.
    There are more gangs, and it's majoritarian gangs killing gangs... The types of people that you want to be well armed if you must deal with them...

    Plus, even in the ghettos if everyone was packing people might just think twice... But that desperation factor remains a wild card....

    But, there are more violent crimes with blunt objects than guns, more stabbings than shootings, etc... A person is even more likely to suicide than to be a shooting victim...

    The world is a dangerous place, and frankly you can either accept that you are a victim, or you can increase your odds by maintaining your capacity to defend yourself in any way you see fit.

  3. #193
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I also have no problem with halting production of guns like the AR-15.

    I have gone to a shooting range and used semi-automatic rifles. I think they're ridiculous and there's no reason they should be available. ...wiping them out with an AR-15 is unnecessary... You don't need 50 rounds to fend off a couple teenagers looking for a gold necklace to pawn.
    If AR-15's are ridiculous, with no reason for being available and unnecessary - why do the police carry them? If we don't need 50 rounds, why do the police carry 3 30 round magazines for their AR-15's?

    Try to avoid any emotional responses and just stick to logic and reason for at least one post. Your abject fear is coloring your posts.
    Some apes are more equal...

  4. #194
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Alex makes sense on certain issues when he isn't on a screaming rant. I don't think he is "crazy" because I believe it is all part of an act. He goes over the edge on almost every issue....

    Somethings makes a bit of sense, but most of it is nonsense.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    If AR-15's are ridiculous, with no reason for being available and unnecessary - why do the police carry them? If we don't need 50 rounds, why do the police carry 3 30 round magazines for their AR-15's?

    Try to avoid any emotional responses and just stick to logic and reason for at least one post. Your abject fear is coloring your posts.
    I know, it's funny... And the best part to me is I used to be the biggest anti-gun person out there. Then, I got taken out to the shooting range and realized how there's nothing to fear about the gun if you're being safe.

    The fact is that this is why you wantto keep guns:


  6. #196
    User Intricate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-28-13 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    29

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Alex Jones isn't crazy, he's just pissed off. Rightly so, I might add. Now I don't agree with him on all of his conspiracy theories, and he tends to exaggerate things, but he does some legitimate research and has made (not necessarily in this particular interview) a very good case against this criminal government.

    Its not crazy or extremist to be furious about this traitor Obama and his criminal syndicate trying to disarm the American people. Could Alex Jones have handled himself better? Of course. Is he crazy? No, he puts forth real facts and has a righteous indignation at a time when the Constitution is absolutely under siege by "progressive" idiocy and statist tyrants. Although I disagree with him on many issues, I am still behind Alex Jones 100% on this and he has my full support.

  7. #197
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ha, so we are supposed to have faith that the person breaking in is just desperate... Well, a desperate person is most likely to kill for wha they want and so is best to be properly armed.

    If someone breaks into my house the assumption CANNOT BE that they are good people, the assumption is that these are criminals who are desperate, and need to be stopped.

    Why are you so supportive of criminals??? (intentionally or incidentally)

    There are more gangs, and it's majoritarian gangs killing gangs... The types of people that you want to be well armed if you must deal with them...

    Plus, even in the ghettos if everyone was packing people might just think twice... But that desperation factor remains a wild card....

    But, there are more violent crimes with blunt objects than guns, more stabbings than shootings, etc... A person is even more likely to suicide than to be a shooting victim...

    The world is a dangerous place, and frankly you can either accept that you are a victim, or you can increase your odds by maintaining your capacity to defend yourself in any way you see fit.
    I am intentionally opposed to criminals. Part of that means preventing criminals from having things like AR-15s. Now, to address two of your points simultaneously, you're right, it's not like the AR-15 is a gun above all other guns, or that halting its production will save millions of life. In my opinion, it's a common sense thing to do, because it's more dangerous than it needs to be - in the hands of a law abiding citizen or a murder-crazed maniac. This discussion (this particular one) takes up way too much of our time because people who are way too paranoid won't accept that banning the AR-15 from production and sales (for civilians) is a logical first step. I'm sorry to say this if it offends you, but you sound somewhere in between paranoid and delusional. You can't come up with a single case where a law abiding citizen needed an AR-15 for self defense when a handgun would have been just as good if not better, so why do you think you will be the first person to ever encounter such a situation? Are you wanted by a drug cartel or targeted by al-Qaeda? No? Then I think you'll be fine. Desperate people aren't armed with thousand dollar rifles and stockpiles of ammunition. If they were desperate, they would sell those things, not use them to rob you. Again, your thinking is paranoid, it's not realistic, and it doesn't make me sympathetic to the point you're making for a split second. This is why everybody should just move on from this argument because it's NOT the big picture - the big picture is that banning the AR-15 won't do much of anything, it's a move made because it's the obvious thing to do and it's a symbolic victory when we need a meaningful victory - which would mean reform to many different aspects of our society from mental health to the media.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    If AR-15's are ridiculous, with no reason for being available and unnecessary - why do the police carry them? If we don't need 50 rounds, why do the police carry 3 30 round magazines for their AR-15's?

    Try to avoid any emotional responses and just stick to logic and reason for at least one post. Your abject fear is coloring your posts.
    You're telling me what I should avoid? Let me tell you what you should avoid - responding to me, deleting my posts which refute everything you say, and copy-pasting the same failed point I've already refuted. Want me to do it again? The AR-15 isn't a gun you need, nor does any other law abiding citizen. The police may carry it, but that doesn't mean you need it. The police can also run through intersections. Does that mean it should be legal for every person? Does the fact that the United States has an enormous stockpile of nuclear weapons mean that you need one?

    This isn't a huge deal. It's one little common sense move in a sea of changes we need if we're going to do anything. We have a problem of gun violence. Way more people kill other people with guns in the United States than in any other country. We would like to change that. Banning the AR-15 won't change that. But it might prevent a horrible event from being a more horrible event, and there's no reason you need one (see above point regarding paranoid/delusional thinking) so let's move on
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #198
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post

    I'm sorry, but AR-15s are stupid and people don't need them for defense and they certainly don't need them for hunting. If they can't a lot of people in a short amount of time, then it would be sensible to agree that they serve no purpose. And it's absolute tripe that the bill of rights prevents legislation banning assault rifles or semi-automatic rifles or landmines or whatever else congress and the executive branch deem fit. We have freedom of speech but you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, when there is no fire, because it is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. Manufacturing and selling AR-15s is a stupid and dangerous thing to do, so we shouldn't do it.
    True about yelling fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire....

    However...

    What you support (in supporting a ban on AR-15 style rifles) is the equivalent of banning the use of the word "Fire" in general because SOME people (very few in number) would use the word in an inappropriate way to create panic.



    Think about that for a moment.


    And... its not about NEEDS. We don't ban round balls due to them not being needed do we? Even despite the fact that children get hit by cars chasing those round balls that have rolled into the street?

    I mean.... THINK OF THE CHILDRENZZZ!!!!!
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #199
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    The AR-15 isn't a gun you need, nor does any other law abiding citizen. The police may carry it, but that doesn't mean you need it.
    Why would the police need an AR-15 if I don't need one?
    Some apes are more equal...

  10. #200
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 06:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    56

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Alex Jones deffinatlly has a few screws loose, and I'm a conservative.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •