View Poll Results: Ia Alex Jones "Crazy" and do people take him seriously?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is crazy and i take him seriously

    18 9.14%
  • He isnt crazy and i take him seriously

    21 10.66%
  • He is crazy and i dont take him seriuosly

    119 60.41%
  • He isnt crazy and i don't take him seriuosly

    22 11.17%
  • NWO! OBAMA! REVOLUTION!

    17 8.63%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 241

Thread: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Alex Jones is one of the many real-life trolls we find everyday.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-13 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    173

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Crush Obama at every turn.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Depends what happens with the lawsuits. They are provincial so It would depend where you are as to whether there is any chance it comes back (ie the provinces fighting to keep it win)
    Ok, well, thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that it wasn't a done deal... At least for the meantime there is no registry.

  4. #184
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    You seem to have a fear of AR-15 style rifles. Why? The majority of homicides are caused by handguns, which you seem fine with, while rifles account for less than 1% of homicides. So your fear seems irrational and unfounded and based on ignorance of the facts.
    Well, if what you're saying is that there's no easy solution to the problem of gun violence in the United States, I'd agree with you. As we'll be seeing in the coming months, a comprehensive approach with reform in policies regarding mental health, gun laws, gun safety, and other areas will ultimately have to be considered if we want to curb gun violence. The hardest area to change will be in gang related violence, where many of the weapons are purchased illegally and the dynamics of the situation may be such that law enforcement is incapable of preventative intervention.

    So we have to start with the obvious things, which are especially conspicuous in the case of mass shootings. We don't need AR-15s and these guns are capable of killing a lot of people in a very short quantity of time. It's not just shootings that have happened, it's shootings that could happen. If Holmes' clip hadn't jammed. If Lanza hadn't shot himself preemptively. We don't want to wait for a situation like that to happen.

    When it comes to handguns, if somebody is killed with a handgun, at the end of the say we know that handguns are responsibly owned and used for self defense. But there's never been a case where an AR-15 was used by a civilian for personal defense when a handgun would have been just as, if not more, effective. It's just so obvious to many of us that it's stupid to sell these guns. Will it solve anything? It might not, but it might prevent something particularly repugnant and it's a good place for us to start.
    A working class hero is something to be

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Well, if what you're saying is that there's no easy solution to the problem of gun violence in the United States, I'd agree with you.
    No, there's a VIOLENCE problem, there's a drug problem, there's a gang problem, there's an education problem, there's an economic problem... The only gun problem is that government wants to limit / eliminate America's guns.

    As we'll be seeing in the coming months, a comprehensive approach with reform in policies regarding mental health, gun laws, gun safety, and other areas will ultimately have to be considered if we want to curb gun violence.
    Here's a gun law that I would support: like a drivers license before you can buy a gun that you demonstrate a level of proficiency with guns... Not so stringent that only military could carry, but enough to show that you know how a gun works and standard safety.

    The hardest area to change will be in gang related violence, where many of the weapons are purchased illegally and the dynamics of the situation may be such that law enforcement is incapable of preventative intervention.
    Ya, and until we eliminate crime, then I need a gun to protect myself against the criminals who will have guns regardless of laws.

    So we have to start with the obvious things, which are especially conspicuous in the case of mass shootings. We don't need AR-15s and these guns are capable of killing a lot of people in a very short quantity of time. It's not just shootings that have happened, it's shootings that could happen. If Holmes' clip hadn't jammed. If Lanza hadn't shot himself preemptively. We don't want to wait for a situation like that to happen.
    All I hear here is "I'm scared please protect me"... Well, nobody can protect you (exception maybe if you have armed guards), so you must be able to protect yourself.

    What if those people didn't target "gun free zones" and someone saw what was happening, lined them up and shoot them down??

    When it comes to handguns, if somebody is killed with a handgun, at the end of the say we know that handguns are responsibly owned and used for self defense. But there's never been a case where an AR-15 was used by a civilian for personal defense when a handgun would have been just as, if not more, effective. It's just so obvious to many of us that it's stupid to sell these guns. Will it solve anything? It might not, but it might prevent something particularly repugnant and it's a good place for us to start.
    Impossible, because an ar-15 is far more accurate than a handgun ESPECIALLY in a self-defense circumstance where adrenaline is pumping... Also, the AR-15 has more stopping power.

    You're now grasping because you don't understand guns in any way... Honestly, go to a shooting range and do the comparison for yourself.

    So, would you have preferred, in the case of the 12 year old in the link earlier, that the criminals have had an ar-15 and the kid was limited to a pistol?? What purpose would that serve?

  6. #186
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, there's a VIOLENCE problem, there's a drug problem, there's a gang problem, there's an education problem, there's an economic problem... The only gun problem is that government wants to limit / eliminate America's guns.

    Here's a gun law that I would support: like a drivers license before you can buy a gun that you demonstrate a level of proficiency with guns... Not so stringent that only military could carry, but enough to show that you know how a gun works and standard safety.

    Ya, and until we eliminate crime, then I need a gun to protect myself against the criminals who will have guns regardless of laws.

    All I hear here is "I'm scared please protect me"... Well, nobody can protect you (exception maybe if you have armed guards), so you must be able to protect yourself.

    What if those people didn't target "gun free zones" and someone saw what was happening, lined them up and shoot them down??

    Impossible, because an ar-15 is far more accurate than a handgun ESPECIALLY in a self-defense circumstance where adrenaline is pumping... Also, the AR-15 has more stopping power.

    You're now grasping because you don't understand guns in any way... Honestly, go to a shooting range and do the comparison for yourself.

    So, would you have preferred, in the case of the 12 year old in the link earlier, that the criminals have had an ar-15 and the kid was limited to a pistol?? What purpose would that serve?
    First, I really don't mind people having guns and I don't think any of Obama's "reforms" will do much of anything. I would prefer that people have, like you said, some kind of license ensuring that they have taken basic safety classes and don't have a history of hospitalizations for mental issues or felonies and that kind of thing. But I also have no problem with halting production of guns like the AR-15.

    I have gone to a shooting range and used semi-automatic rifles. I think they're ridiculous and there's no reason they should be available. Criminals, like the ones mentioned in the case with the 15 year old kid, are not assassins nor were they going around killing people. The vast majority of robberies are committed by desperate people who do not heavily arm themselves. They are not there to kidnap children or kill entire families. They are there because they think nobody is in the house and they want to loot expensive things to sell so they can support their drug habit - or something similar. While I am not going to shed tears over the loss of life in that case, wiping them out with an AR-15 is unnecessary and I'd prefer that guns are used for protection in the very way you alluded to. You don't need 50 rounds to fend off a couple teenagers looking for a gold necklace to pawn.

    You're right, we have a problem with violence in America and we have way more gun violence than other countries. It's not because of guns. There are other reasons and this debate will only touch the surface of that issue.
    A working class hero is something to be

  7. #187
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    We don't need AR-15s and these guns are capable of killing a lot of people in a very short quantity of time. Will it solve anything? It might not, but it might prevent something particularly repugnant and it's a good place for us to start.
    How is it a "good place to start" with a firearm that is very rarely used to commit a crime? You make no sense at all and speak out of fear and ignorance. Hammers killed more people last year than AR-15's. Handguns are responsible for over 90% of murders and you want to start with a firearm used in less than 1% of homicides. Why?

    How are AR-15's capable of killing more people in a short time than handguns? The Va Tech shooter killed more people in the same time frame with two handguns than the Sandy Hook shooter or the Batman shooter. Will banning AR-15's solve anything? No, not at all. How do we know that? It didn't do jack **** last time.

    Last time I checked, you deciding what law abiding citizens "need" isn't a reason or a fact or logical or any part of law. It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs as defined by you.
    Some apes are more equal...

  8. #188
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    How is it a "good place to start" with a firearm that is very rarely used to commit a crime? You make no sense at all and speak out of fear and ignorance. Hammers killed more people last year than AR-15's. Handguns are responsible for over 90% of murders and you want to start with a firearm used in less than 1% of homicides. Why?

    How are AR-15's capable of killing more people in a short time than handguns? The Va Tech shooter killed more people in the same time frame with two handguns than the Sandy Hook shooter or the Batman shooter. Will banning AR-15's solve anything? No, not at all. How do we know that? It didn't do jack **** last time.

    Last time I checked, you deciding what law abiding citizens "need" isn't a reason or a fact or logical or any part of law. It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs as defined by you.
    I don't think there are many people posting on this forum, on this subject matter who seem less emotional than I am about this whole thing. I don't know how a post saying that Obama's "reforms" will likely do nothing would earn such a sweeping condemnation from yourself, except that I think you're just pissed off and will gladly go off on anybody who says a word they disagree with.

    I'm sorry, but AR-15s are stupid and people don't need them for defense and they certainly don't need them for hunting. If they can't a lot of people in a short amount of time, then it would be sensible to agree that they serve no purpose. And it's absolute tripe that the bill of rights prevents legislation banning assault rifles or semi-automatic rifles or landmines or whatever else congress and the executive branch deem fit. We have freedom of speech but you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, when there is no fire, because it is a stupid and dangerous thing to do. Manufacturing and selling AR-15s is a stupid and dangerous thing to do, so we shouldn't do it.

    The statistics you cite don't change my mind. Terrorism kills fewer people per year, in the United States, than people drowning in bath tubs. Should we abolish the department of homeland security? Should we have gone after Bin Laden? Be consistent please.

    EDIT: Also, the VA tech shooting (the main spree) lasted 11 minutes, the Aurora theater shooting had gone on for 90 seconds before police arrived, AND he suffered the malfunction. So he would have killed/injured people at well over 10 times the rate of the VA Tech shooting had he been successful, which is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about preventing.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 01-16-13 at 10:49 PM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #189
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I'm sorry, but AR-15s are stupid and people don't need them for defense and they certainly don't need them for hunting. Manufacturing and selling AR-15s is a stupid and dangerous thing to do, so we shouldn't do it.
    That's your argument? You don't want to throw in a "you stupid doodyhead"? No facts, no statistics, no relevant data, nothing to support your "logical" argument based on sound reason? lol

    If Ar-15's are so incredibly dangerous and stupid, why do the police carry them in their patrol cars?
    Some apes are more equal...

  10. #190
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    That's your argument? You don't want to throw in a "you stupid doodyhead"? No facts, no statistics, no relevant data, nothing to support your "logical" argument based on sound reason? lol

    If Ar-15's are so incredibly dangerous and stupid, why do the police carry them in their patrol cars?
    my argument was actually the 95% of my previous message that you deleted and chose to ignore. you ask for statistics and relevant data but you also invent "facts" such as "the VA tech shooting and the aurora shooting lasted the same amount of time" (VA Tech was much, much longer) and the va tech shooting had more casualties (actually, fewer dead + injured than aurora, but who's counting?!). That was part of your argument for why AR-15s are no more deadly than handguns! Are you asking people for facts or a facts checker?
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •