View Poll Results: Ia Alex Jones "Crazy" and do people take him seriously?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is crazy and i take him seriously

    18 9.14%
  • He isnt crazy and i take him seriously

    21 10.66%
  • He is crazy and i dont take him seriuosly

    119 60.41%
  • He isnt crazy and i don't take him seriuosly

    22 11.17%
  • NWO! OBAMA! REVOLUTION!

    17 8.63%
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 241

Thread: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

  1. #171
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Yup, it's definitely more laughs than anything. But once in a great while, there's something there with a glimmer of truth that's worth following up on somewhere else. It's not hard to tell the difference, really.
    I actually haven't seen anything on WND that doesn't make me laugh. That alien one though I was laughing for maybe a good hour. You know there is an issue when Rick Santorum is their most Liberal writer.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,583

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    3 guys burst into your house, you either a) call 9-11 and wait for 9-15 minutes that's 540-900 seconds, or
    B) quickly unlock the ar-15, insert a clip, and loudly get the first bullet in the chamber, take a stance and aim at the nearest doorway... With practice 10-20 seconds.

    I don't have the statistics on hand, but 2 days ago:
    15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    I suppose you would have rather seen those children defenseless against those burglars ??
    Teenagers shouldn't have AR-15s, if that's what you're asking (although that's not what you were asking). 15 year old kids aren't able to drive legally, so I don't think they should be able to legally purchase and own AR-15s. There are cases in which kids could have survived had they been able to own and drive cars. That doesn't mean that 15 year olds should be able to own and purchase cars. The potential for dangerous and possible deadly situations is far too high to allow teenagers to have AR-15s.

    I'm glad those kids are alright, but the fact that this kid did what he did doesn't change my mind. What if the burglars had robbed the house and then taken the gun? Then what? Then you've got criminals with an AR-15, which is the whole point. By allowing the production and sales of these weapons, they fall into the hands of the wrong people, even if they are purchased and owned by law abiding citizens who legally obtain them.

    And further, I was saying - in what situation would a person need an AR-15 rather than a handgun? You've failed to present such a case and the one you cited only further illustrates the potential for dangerous outcomes present when an AR-15 is lying around.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Teenagers shouldn't have AR-15s, if that's what you're asking (although that's not what you were asking). 15 year old kids aren't able to drive legally, so I don't think they should be able to legally purchase and own AR-15s. There are cases in which kids could have survived had they been able to own and drive cars. That doesn't mean that 15 year olds should be able to own and purchase cars. The potential for dangerous and possible deadly situations is far too high to allow teenagers to have AR-15s.
    Yes, you are right and I don't believe that under 18 should be able to purchase a firearm themselves. However, I do believe that by 8-10 a child is old enough to understand how to safely handle and fire a gun, and that includes understanding the RESPONSIBILITY of what it means to be armed.

    Now, there is a different societal problem where parents are not properly teaching their kids how to become responsible adults.

    I'll be coming back to this...

    I'm glad those kids are alright, but the fact that this kid did what he did doesn't change my mind. What if the burglars had robbed the house and then taken the gun?
    Well, there's always the possibility of a gun jamming as well, the kids dealt with (killed or injured), and the guns still wind up on the streets. All the gun does in self defense is it INCREASES THE ODDS of a better outcome.

    Then what? Then you've got criminals with an AR-15, which is the whole point. By allowing the production and sales of these weapons, they fall into the hands of the wrong people, even if they are purchased and owned by law abiding citizens who legally obtain them.
    Now, here's the whole point of having a strong and healthy culture of firearms:

    Here's what happens:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_W7...e_gdata_player

    And further, I was saying - in what situation would a person need an AR-15 rather than a handgun? You've failed to present such a case and the one you cited only further illustrates the potential for dangerous outcomes present when an AR-15 is lying around.
    No, I presented a case, now multiple cases where weapons were used to deter crime rather than cause it.

    Actually, there are statistics in the late 90's where there are between 1.5-2.5 million cases of self-defense with firearms a year, where approximately 200000 of them are women fighting off sexual assault.

    Now, an AR-15 is not really concealable for personal self-defense, but I would serve well for home defense, though I personally would prefer a shotgun for home defense because the sound of cocking the shotgun is the international sound for "gtfo", and with the bullet spray its more just shooting...

    But your original point that there's no defensive purpose for "assault rifles" is basically done.

  4. #174
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    04-10-15 @ 06:42 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    29

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Great, I picked the wrong answer. I intended to pick the "he's crazy, but I don't take him seriously" option.

    I always make a mistake when it comes to polls.

  5. #175
    Professor
    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    07-13-16 @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,616
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes, you are right and I don't believe that under 18 should be able to purchase a firearm themselves. However, I do believe that by 8-10 a child is old enough to understand how to safely handle and fire a gun, and that includes understanding the RESPONSIBILITY of what it means to be armed.

    Now, there is a different societal problem where parents are not properly teaching their kids how to become responsible adults.

    I'll be coming back to this...



    Well, there's always the possibility of a gun jamming as well, the kids dealt with (killed or injured), and the guns still wind up on the streets. All the gun does in self defense is it INCREASES THE ODDS of a better outcome.



    Now, here's the whole point of having a strong and healthy culture of firearms:

    Here's what happens:

    Robbery Foiled By Gun-Toting US Pensioner - YouTube



    No, I presented a case, now multiple cases where weapons were used to deter crime rather than cause it.

    Actually, there are statistics in the late 90's where there are between 1.5-2.5 million cases of self-defense with firearms a year, where approximately 200000 of them are women fighting off sexual assault.

    Now, an AR-15 is not really concealable for personal self-defense, but I would serve well for home defense, though I personally would prefer a shotgun for home defense because the sound of cocking the shotgun is the international sound for "gtfo", and with the bullet spray its more just shooting...

    But your original point that there's no defensive purpose for "assault rifles" is basically done.
    Well said. Here's another story, not sure if it's been mentioned here yet:



    Making gun ownership a crime would be criminal. I live in Canada; here, we can own guns, but we have to register all guns with the exception of long guns (the small arms type). We seem to be doing alright, although I don't think this is due solely to our gun laws; I think our social safety net may be more developed as well.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    Well said. Here's another story, not sure if it's been mentioned here yet:



    Making gun ownership a crime would be criminal. I live in Canada; here, we can own guns, but we have to register all guns with the exception of long guns (the small arms type). We seem to be doing alright, although I don't think this is due solely to our gun laws; I think our social safety net may be more developed as well.
    In canada the gun registry was a failed experiment and has been repealed.

    Otherwise, thanks, and I've watched that one...

  7. #177
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,016

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    In canada the gun registry was a failed experiment and has been repealed.

    Otherwise, thanks, and I've watched that one...
    It isnt fully dead yet, There are lawsuits a flying. It was a billion dollar boondogle though
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    It isnt fully dead yet, There are lawsuits a flying. It was a billion dollar boondogle though
    My roommate bought a hunting rifle the other day and just had to show his FAC card, and no paperwork other than the bill of sale, so people are taking the chance to buy unregistered guns for the time bein at least.

  9. #179
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Teenagers shouldn't have AR-15s, Then you've got criminals with an AR-15, which is the whole point. By allowing the production and sales of these weapons, they fall into the hands of the wrong people, even if they are purchased and owned by law abiding citizens who legally obtain them.

    And further, I was saying - in what situation would a person need an AR-15 rather than a handgun? You've failed to present such a case and the one you cited only further illustrates the potential for dangerous outcomes present when an AR-15 is lying around.
    You seem to have a fear of AR-15 style rifles. Why? The majority of homicides are caused by handguns, which you seem fine with, while rifles account for less than 1% of homicides. So your fear seems irrational and unfounded and based on ignorance of the facts.
    Some apes are more equal...

  10. #180
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,016

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    My roommate bought a hunting rifle the other day and just had to show his FAC card, and no paperwork other than the bill of sale, so people are taking the chance to buy unregistered guns for the time bein at least.
    Depends what happens with the lawsuits. They are provincial so It would depend where you are as to whether there is any chance it comes back (ie the provinces fighting to keep it win)
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •