View Poll Results: Ia Alex Jones "Crazy" and do people take him seriously?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is crazy and i take him seriously

    18 9.14%
  • He isnt crazy and i take him seriously

    21 10.66%
  • He is crazy and i dont take him seriuosly

    119 60.41%
  • He isnt crazy and i don't take him seriuosly

    22 11.17%
  • NWO! OBAMA! REVOLUTION!

    17 8.63%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 241

Thread: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Alex Jones is one of three things:
    A) A liar who lies intentionally
    B) A moron
    C) A person afflicted with a very serious mood disorder

    He got into SSRIs, so maybe he's been diagnosed bipolar or something in that neighborhood. But he seems pretty relentless and consistent, so maybe his mouth is simply bigger than his brain.

    What I don't understand about the Piers Morgan interview is why Alex Jones made no attempt to counter Piers' attempted argument. There are super deadly guns out there - some found at the sites of the latest installment of mass murders - that serve no purpose whatsoever. Jones desperately tried to keep the "debate" off track and was clearly interested in one thing, and one thing only. If you think it's the 2nd amendment, think again. This guy wants money and he wants attention (ok, that's 2 things), and he built an audience with fear and conspiracies and lies and it's misguided to assume that what he says is what he truly believes. Unless he is just a moron.
    Because piers Morgan was attempting to say "see this gun was used in this crime so we must ban this dangerous gun"... He had no intention of discussing actual facts of the issue.

    Also, piers tends to attempt to bully people that oppose him, and the best way to handle a bully is to just run them over.

    In that way Alex was successful...

  2. #162
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    I miss the good, old days when a right, proper paranoid schizophrenic was ranting incoherently on some street corner to a bunch of pedestrians who were doing their best to suppress their giggles.

    Noawadays, and thanks to the internet and other media, the modern paranoid schizophrenic has almost unlimited access to other paranoid schizophrenics who then pick up the call with a united voice.

    It's almost like watching a zombie movie when the zombies somehow figure out how to work together instead of each hunting human brains on their own.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Wrong question because it makes a couple of false assumptions. For one, that complete disarmament is the goal. I do not believe this is the case. Secondly, it assumes this is some government plot when the impetus comes from the people.
    Not quite, the government desires disarmed populations. So, whenever something happens that can be used it gets hyped in the media in an attempt to sell people on the idea of disarmament.

    Then people buy into the lies after the trauma and while fearful for themselves and their families.

    So, the real, rational question is:

    Why do a majority of the people want gun control?
    Because they have been sold (and bought into) the lie that they should be defenseless for their safety.


    The answer should be obvious to anyone who's willing to do a little thinking. Gun ownership is in the minority and gun violence has a deleterious affect on many people.


    Ed:
    I'm not saying I agree with gun control. In fact, I'm probably more open toward guns than many in the NRA, probably including you two. I'm just pointing out what we're up against and, quite frankly, exaggerating the issue and making false assumptions doesn't help rational discourse.
    Yes, and car accidents have a deleterious effect on many peoples lives, but there's no talk about banning cars.

    People must realize that a gun is a tool that can be used for good or bad, just like a hammer can build a house or smash a skull. It's about the people wielding the tool, and since Theres a large mass of people on psychotropic drugs who might get their hands on a gun and try to shoot people, it's that much more important to be able to defend yourself and to increase the odds for yourself and any other potential victims.

    But, nobody wants to discuss this issue as an issue of mental health and morality rather than an issue of guns...

    Hell, why not ban spoons because that's made millions of people fat and obesity has a "deleterious effect" on many peoples lives.

  4. #164
    Advisor Lukas105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, United States of America
    Last Seen
    08-07-15 @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    368

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    To be honest Piers Morgan isn't exactly a saint either. He has to be the most hated English news reporter...
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    01-13-18 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,181

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas105 View Post
    To be honest Piers Morgan isn't exactly a saint either. He has to be the most hated English news reporter...
    He's never been a reporter. I think calling him a journalist is a stretch. He's a TV presenter, nothing more.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #166
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,642

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Because piers Morgan was attempting to say "see this gun was used in this crime so we must ban this dangerous gun"... He had no intention of discussing actual facts of the issue.

    Also, piers tends to attempt to bully people that oppose him, and the best way to handle a bully is to just run them over.

    In that way Alex was successful...
    Actually, I think the point Mr. Morgan wanted to make was that we allow people to purchase guns which are easily capable of killing hundreds of innocent people in a matter of minutes. There are guns for hunting. There are guns for self protection. There are guns for use in your friendly local militia. Then there are guns that aren't needed for any of those things. Even if you believe that (upon the hypothetical scenario in which entire constitution is ripped to shreds) you could somehow invade Washington and take over the White House with a few of your drinking buddies - what's the problem with gun control if people who pass background checks are able to purchase handguns for protection and rifles for hunting? Can you tell me how an AR-15 would be necessary for anything?

    It's crazy. You said that Morgan didn't want to talk about statistics? Show me the statistics of how many people defend themselves with AR-15s.
    A working class hero is something to be

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Actually, I think the point Mr. Morgan wanted to make was that we allow people to purchase guns which are easily capable of killing hundreds of innocent people in a matter of minutes. There are guns for hunting. There are guns for self protection. There are guns for use in your friendly local militia. Then there are guns that aren't needed for any of those things. Even if you believe that (upon the hypothetical scenario in which entire constitution is ripped to shreds) you could somehow invade Washington and take over the White House with a few of your drinking buddies - what's the problem with gun control if people who pass background checks are able to purchase handguns for protection and rifles for hunting? Can you tell me how an AR-15 would be necessary for anything?
    3 guys burst into your house, you either a) call 9-11 and wait for 9-15 minutes that's 540-900 seconds, or
    B) quickly unlock the ar-15, insert a clip, and loudly get the first bullet in the chamber, take a stance and aim at the nearest doorway... With practice 10-20 seconds.


    It's crazy. You said that Morgan didn't want to talk about statistics? Show me the statistics of how many people defend themselves with AR-15s.
    I don't have the statistics on hand, but 2 days ago:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ainst-Burglars

    I suppose you would have rather seen those children defenseless against those burglars ??

  8. #168
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,215

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Alex Jones is pretty ****nuts insane, but that said, I have been swayed to check out his site once in a while.

    A lot of the stuff on his site is just straight-up Crazytown, but every now and then, something makes it on there that is really happening, but is just too bad for yellow-bellied mainstream journalists to risk their comfy kick-backs by publishing it. So it's not completely worthless to headline browse, as long as you're willing to put in the extra effort to look into things.

  9. #169
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,277

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Alex Jones is pretty ****nuts insane, but that said, I have been swayed to check out his site once in a while.

    A lot of the stuff on his site is just straight-up Crazytown, but every now and then, something makes it on there that is really happening, but is just too bad for yellow-bellied mainstream journalists to risk their comfy kick-backs by publishing it. So it's not completely worthless to headline browse, as long as you're willing to put in the extra effort to look into things.
    It's like WND one day you find an article about how Obama is paying off aliens and the next they are talking about how Obama's nose means he is Kenyan... oh wait. Generally things like WND and Alex Jones are websites you go on for a few laughs.

  10. #170
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,215

    Re: Is Alex Jones "Crazy"?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    It's like WND one day you find an article about how Obama is paying off aliens and the next they are talking about how Obama's nose means he is Kenyan... oh wait. Generally things like WND and Alex Jones are websites you go on for a few laughs.
    Yup, it's definitely more laughs than anything. But once in a great while, there's something there with a glimmer of truth that's worth following up on somewhere else. It's not hard to tell the difference, really.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •