View Poll Results: Your stance on space programs

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an American and I consider NASA a priority

    38 63.33%
  • I'm an American and I don't consider space programs a priority

    12 20.00%
  • I'm an American and I want more international coop (NASA + ESA + other)

    20 33.33%
  • I'm an European and I consider ESA a priority

    2 3.33%
  • I'm an European and I want more international coop

    2 3.33%
  • I'm an European and I don't care about space programs

    0 0%
  • I'm Russian and I want more for Roscosmos

    1 1.67%
  • I'm Russian and I want more cooperation

    1 1.67%
  • I'm Russian and I don't care about space programs

    0 0%
  • I'm (other) and herp derp, I leave comment

    4 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 195

Thread: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

  1. #101
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Do you expect private industry to take over LEO deliveries and advance our presence there? If so, then you already have your answer. Though that's far from the only answer, it's most likely the only one you'll recognize without a protracted argument and, quit frankly, after 50 years of arguing with you people I'm sick of it.
    So why did you respond if you're tired of arguing with "you people"?
    Again, the NASA program should only manage satellites. There is no purpose to deliver anything or have a presence in Low Earth Orbit other than satellite management. Satellites are so embedded into the culture of our world that we need NASA for that purpose. I would offer, however, that it could be paired down considerably if and when the private industry (besides Space X) shows an interest in offering that service for a fee. It is much cheaper for a private company to pay for the upkeep, training of personnel, etc and the US gov't to only pay for the service as needed.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #102
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post
    Sorry then, I must have misinterpreted this earlier statement:
    NASA discovered Earth? Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the human beings who lived on it before NASA existed did? Your post proves my point. What has NASA produced besides "ooo ahh" pictures? And your counterpoint is to post an "ooo ahh" picture? Well played sir.
    Last edited by MarineTpartier; 01-09-13 at 07:50 AM.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #103
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Exactly...

    Talk about lack of intelligence.
    We were talking about you...

    Have much trouble with reading comprehension?
    Not at all... nor are you able to display any.

    The second paragraph was all about your supposed personal relation to those projects.
    My personal relationship is two family members... one that is extremely significant.

    Yours? You personal relationship IS THE INTERNET.

    You have no evidence, nor can you present any evidence, that any of your family members ever did anything at all except have you.
    You seriously expect me to present my family members name? One who contracts out to NASA and the s[ace division of the Air Force, to the Pentagon, etc, about Electro optics, detectors, etc.?

    Dude, you are arguing like a tool for no reason AND THAT ALONE displays your ability...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Again, the NASA program should only manage satellites. There is no purpose to deliver anything or have a presence in Low Earth Orbit other than satellite management. Satellites are so embedded into the culture of our world that we need NASA for that purpose.
    Pretty much what my family member has stated... one who assuredly has more experience in this subject than Mo has in ANY subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #105
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    How the hell does that negate my statement? It doesn't. It just shows ignorance. My family member is at the forefront of electro optic research... primarily detectors. Want to know how light energy trasfers from a light wave into an image that we are able to see on a screen? Thank my family member because if it was left up to some of the people on this site we would still be using 8-Tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Well I'm not one of those people. I support science and education every chance I get.


    And, honestly, I don't care what you say about your family. This is the Internet. You have no proof nor reason for me to believe you other than my opinion of you, which is going downhill fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Good. Helps me differentiate the intelligent from those that lack it... think what you will. Believe the "Internet"!

    That alone shows your ... anyway... sorry buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post

    Talk about lack of intelligence. Have much trouble with reading comprehension? The second paragraph was all about your supposed personal relation to those projects. You have no evidence, nor can you present any evidence, that any of your family members ever did anything at all except have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Exactly...



    We were talking about you...



    Not at all... nor are you able to display any.



    My personal relationship is two family members... one that is extremely significant.

    Yours? You personal relationship IS THE INTERNET.



    You seriously expect me to present my family members name? One who contracts out to NASA and the s[ace division of the Air Force, to the Pentagon, etc, about Electro optics, detectors, etc.?

    Dude, you are arguing like a tool for no reason AND THAT ALONE displays your ability...
    Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]-8l7ar-jpg
    Last edited by MarineTpartier; 01-09-13 at 07:51 AM.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #106
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Link doesn't work but I like the recap...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #107
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Link doesn't work but I like the recap...
    Yeah, I don't know what happened with it. Let me see if I can edit it. It's in good fun.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #108
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]OK, I've levied a couple of thread bans. Anyone else?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #109
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]OK, I've levied a couple of thread bans. Anyone else?
    Sorry CC, couldn't help it.
    Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]-no-one-else-meme-generator-there-no-one-else-ecf4b0-jpg
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #110
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Space programs and their support among the population [W:91]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Doesn't matter how efficient you use fossil fuels...we WILL eventually run out. There's a reason that they call it "non-renewable". And I'm not just talking about energy. I'm talking about materials also. To think that this planet will sustain humanity indefinately is very bad thinking. Because it won't. And I personally would find a life in space VERY fullfilling.
    If we can invent a self sustaining energy source or method of travel that allows us to travel to other solar systems, especially for billions of people, than I think any resource crisis on Earth would be solved.

    In any reality, a Malthusian catastrophe would just self correct the human population to whatever would feasibly colonise out there.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •