View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #61
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,198

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? We call them "accidents" for a reason. And someone was injured in the other accident. Again no change in my rates, nothing.

    No one should be punished for life because of an "accident."
    A car accident doesn't carry any legal action (sometimes it does though) and you can be convicted. Let's make it certain there will a criminal charge and punishment, say you drunk driving and got in an accident and killed someone. Does that person still get a gun? I also hope your pro-choice.

  2. #62
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    A car accident doesn't carry any legal action (sometimes it does though) and you can be convicted. Let's make it certain there will a criminal charge and punishment, say you drunk driving and got in an accident and killed someone. Does that person still get a gun? I also hope your pro-choice.
    You know what? Stop moving the goal posts. You are wrong here, just except you have typical liberal totalitarian views on anything you disagree with and move on please.

    Nice strawman at the end there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #63
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,198

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You know what? Stop moving the goal posts. You are wrong here, just except you have typical liberal totalitarian views on anything you disagree with and move on please.

    Nice strawman at the end there.
    Just accept that people need to live with their consequences, Conservatives seem to like, to use it a lot when discussing abortion.

  4. #64
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Just accept that people need to live with their consequences, Conservatives seem to like, to use it a lot when discussing abortion.
    Now you are trying to compare the right to own a gun to abortion?? ABORTION???

    OK we are done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #65
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    So if I got convicted of battery when I was 18 because some guy got a little too fresh and I kicked him in the balls repeatedly until he vomited, I should never, ever, ever be allowed to have a gun?
    Well that would be self-defense but you took it too far so yes you should not be allowed to have a gun.
    That is absolutely ridiculous. The world is not black and white.
    No, that is a valid charge that shows you are far too violent to be able to own a firearm.
    That is a narrow and flawed world view. Extremism has absolutely no place in debate.
    No it's perfectly valid anyone convicted of a violent offense should not be allowed to own a gun. It shows you are a violent person. Extremism would be forbidding anyone convicted of any charge to own a firearm.
    By your logic, anyone who is a victim of an attempted crime, and who resorts to violence in order to defend himself against that crime, can easily be deemed “…a violent person…far too violent to be able to own a firearm”.

    In the conflict between criminals and victims, it is clear which side you are on.

    I disagree with Tessa's statement that “Extremism has absolutely no place in debate.” Sometimes, the “extreme” position is correct. In your case, however, it is very clearly not.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #66
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,198

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now you are trying to compare the right to own a gun to abortion?? ABORTION???

    OK we are done here.
    So living with ones consequences only appliers to women who get pregnant, I get it. Now that is done I admit the car example is horrible, but you wouldn't accept the other one. You have to live with consequences, I don't care if you were 18 and drunk and you stated that fight and now it permanently stains your record. You should have made a better choice.

  7. #67
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,198

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    By your logic, anyone who is a victim of an attempted crime, and who resorts to violence in order to defend himself against that crime, can easily be deemed “…a violent person…far too violent to be able to own a firearm”.

    In the conflict between criminals and victims, it is clear which side you are on.

    I disagree with Tessa's statement that “Extremism has absolutely no place in debate.” Sometimes, the “extreme” position is correct. In your case, however, it is very clearly not.
    No that's self-defense. Self-defense is not a violent offense. Like I said before extremism would be banning anyone who has a criminal record form owning a gun this is just the logical conclusion.

  8. #68
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if its say

    Poaching a deer with a rifle

    carrying without a license but with no intent to use the gun against someone criminally

    refusal to register a weapon in states with socialist gun laws

    smoking weed while possessing a gun
    All of those are great examples of irresponsible gun ownership and I'm absolutely OK with those people being prohibited from owning firearms. as far as I'm concerned, anyone who demonstrates such irresponsibility relinquishes their rights to own a weapon because their irresponsibility causes their right to own a weapon to infringe on everyone elses right not to have an idiot with a weapon nearby.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #69
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    So living with ones consequences only appliers to women who get pregnant, I get it. Now that is done I admit the car example is horrible, but you wouldn't accept the other one. You have to live with consequences, I don't care if you were 18 and drunk and you stated that fight and now it permanently stains your record. You should have made a better choice.
    #1 This issue has nothing to do with abortion, nothing at all. Nice Red Herring for the money though.
    #2 Yes the car example is horrible and the red herring abortion thing is worse.
    #3 Yes because 18 year old's often make good choices. So why should it be 18? how about 12 or 11? Why stop there if you are going to pick an arbitrary number to deny someone a right.

    Outside of a bunch of bad examples and fallacy arguments you got nothing. I mean really, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Just accept that people need to live with their consequences, Conservatives seem to like, to use it a lot when discussing abortion.
    Don't people live with the consequences of their actions by going to jail?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •