View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #161
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    There is no equivocation. One doe snot need to make an equivalence in order to acknowledge reality that they both work as defensive weapons. Your argument seeks to ignore reality by falsely claiming that an equivalency was made when one was not made.
    We're talking about crossbows? You really think they are sufficient for home defense? I think you've been watching too much Home Alone.

    Can you imagine the results of accepting "both work as defensive weapons" as the premise for the 2nd? C'mon, this is ridiculous. You've dropped context, including the modern world, felon law and, for all intents and purposes, reality. And you claim my position is delusional? Do you live at a Disney studio?

  2. #162
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    We're talking about crossbows? You really think they are sufficient for home defense?
    Considering the rarity of such a need coupled with the typical home protection situation and the efficacy of the weapon, absolutely, yes. If it's sufficient for taking down a full grown deer, it'll take down an intruder.

    I think you've been watching too much Home Alone.
    I think you underestimate the efficacy of the crossbow.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Utterly irrelevant. Crossbows will protect one's person and home. Not as well as a firearm, but far better than nothing or a non-projectile weapon would.
    A crossbow is not meant for this kind of combat against the weapons it will face. Honestly, how can you even make that argument with a straight face.

  4. #164
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Really?
    Yes, as in if there is a group of armed men and you are on your own, you're probably ****ed regardless.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #165
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Considering the rarity of such a need coupled with the typical home protection situation and the efficacy of the weapon, absolutely, yes. If it's sufficient for taking down a full grown deer, it'll take down an intruder.



    I think you underestimate the efficacy of the crossbow.
    See edit.

    And spare me your crossbow e-peenism.

  6. #166
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A crossbow is not meant for this kind of combat.
    Straightline shot property defense is exactly what it was designed for, actually.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #167
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Look, I got news for you, Tucker. My ninja sword would defeat your crossbow.

  8. #168
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Can you imagine the results of accepting "both work as defensive weapons" as the premise for the 2nd?
    Why would I imagine that? I'm not making an equivalence argument (despite your incessant refusal to acknowledge that fact).
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #169
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Look, I got news for you, Tucker. My Ninja sword would defeat your crossbow.
    I accept your concession.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #170
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why would I imagine that? I'm not making an equivalence argument (despite your incessant refusal to acknowledge that fact).
    A long sitck works fine for home defense. Straightline shot property defense is what it was designed for.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •