View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They would still have the right to defend their life and property, but they relinquished their right to do so using a gun. A crossbow is still highly effective for that purpose.
    With a crossbow? Yes, defending yourself against group of armed men is entirely realistic with a crossbow.

  2. #152
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Call it whatever you want...
    I call it what it is.


    but the Left is using the exact same logic of altering the Constitution to deprive us of our gun rights.
    No they aren't. The logic I am employing cannot be used to alter the constitution to deprive anyone of their gun rights. The logic I am using requires people to make the choice to relinquish their rights.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #153
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    With a crossbow? Yes, defending yourself against group of armed men is entirely realistic with a crossbow.
    It's not much less realistic than using a gun to defend yourself against a group of armed men.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #154
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There was, and is, legally, for felons. Your concession is accepted.
    I assure you, I am not using any equivalence premise, despite your delusional claims otherwise.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #155
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I assure you, I am not using any equivalence premise, despite your delusional claims otherwise.
    1. A crossbow DOES NOT SUFFICE for home or carry defense. This is not Dungeons and Dragons world, this is modern America.
    2. A felon can't have a crossbow. I'm pretty sure that's where your argument was going, for equivalence support, even if you don't realize that.

  6. #156
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Eco, you'll also note that I am not simply talking about felons (a general term). If you aren't rebutting my argument, you are simply engaging in mental masturbation.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #157
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    1. A crossbow DOES NOT SUFFICE for home or carry defense.
    Yes it does suffice, but it is not an equivalence. I did not, at any time, imply or state that it was equal in any way to a firearm for those purposes, only that it would achieve those purposes.


    This is not Dungeons and Dragons world, this is modern America.
    Utterly irrelevant. Crossbows will protect one's person and home. Not as well as a firearm, but far better than nothing or a non-projectile weapon would.

    2. A felon can't have a crossbow, currently.
    Also irrelevant. I'm not talking about what is, only about what I think should be the case.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #158
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Eco, you'll also note that I am not simply talking about felons (a general term). If you aren't rebutting my argument, you are simply engaging in mental masturbation.
    I support concealed gun rights for some gun criminals.

    I do not equivocate crossbows and firearms, for whatever purpose. The result (and, when conscious, purpose) of doing such is, obviously, anti-gun rights.

  9. #159
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I support concealed gun rights for some gun criminals.
    I would, too, depending on the specific crime. As other have noted, crimes like poaching shouldn't be treated like armed robbery or armed rape. (edited to add: and if some mother ****er committed those latter two crimes with a cross bow he should be banned from owning a crossbow ever again)

    I do not equivocate crossbows and firearms, for whatever purpose.
    There is no equivocation. One doe snot need to make an equivalence in order to acknowledge reality that they both work as defensive weapons. Your argument seeks to ignore reality by falsely claiming that an equivalency was made when one was not made.

    The result (and, when conscious, purpose) of doing such is, obviously, anti-gun rights.
    The only problem is that your claims of equivalency are imaginary ones.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's not much less realistic than using a gun to defend yourself against a group of armed men.
    Really?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •