View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #131
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Once the idea of depriving an American citizen of one of their Constitutional rights catches on, how long before voters choose to alter the Constitution even more by depriving former criminals of all their rights. We should be careful what we ask for.
    Engaging in logical fallacies doesn't "magically fix" your previous use of hyperbole. In fact, it compounds the problem.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    False. Our government is designed to carry out the will of the people. It is the will of the people that those who commit crimes receive consequences for their anti-social behavior.
    I have no use for this democracy myth.

  3. #133
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have no use for this democracy myth.
    Thus proving my point about your inability to comprehend my position due to belief in false premises.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You clearly do not understand my basic premise, as you have many false premises which you believe which prevent you from achieving understanding of my premises.

    My basic premise is that people are responsibile for their own actions. Your basic premise is that everyone is a victim of the government. The false latter premise prevents you from comprehending the true former one.
    An understanding of the history of government and a basic understanding of human nature make the question of the true nature of government and the relationship it has with its people a pretty easy one to get your head around.

  5. #135
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    An understanding of the history of government and a basic understanding of human nature make the question of the true nature of government and the relationship it has with its people a pretty easy one to get your head around.
    True. For example, a basic understanding of human nature shows us that people often pretend to be victimized in order to avoid admitting that their own ****ty decision-making is what got them into their predicament.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #136
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Actually, mine is the only argument which empowers the people. Mine is the argument of personal responsibility and autonomy. The only way to not be a subject is to make it your choice.

    While yours is the argument of victimhood. Your argument has nothing to do with personal responsibility and everything to do with trying to get others to do things for you instead of against you. Your argument is always doomed to failure, while mine has freed countries.
    Now, you're getting into Orwellian doublespeak. Freedom is slavery. War is peace. Ignorance is strength. Submission to a corrupt, oppressive government that oversteps its authority is freedom.

    Our Constitution establishes rules, by which our government is supposed to operate, and which are supposed to restrain it from violating our rights. Our government routinely disobeys this Constitution, and illegally enacts and enforces laws which violate our rights. No matter how much you try to argue it, submitting to these violations is not freedom, and never will be. We should not be talking about consequences for common citizens who exercise the rights that our Constitution affirms on our behalf. We should be talking about consequences for corrupt public officials who violate the Constitution. At the very least, we should be talking about felony perjury charges for violating their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. We should be talking about charges of malfeasance and abuse of their positions. We should be talking about hard jail time for such offenders.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 01-04-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  7. #137
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That being said, if a public official/politician is found guilty of some crime related to their office, I believe that it should be considered treason…
    That does not meet the Constitutional definition of “treason”.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    True. For example, a basic understanding of human nature shows us that people often pretend to be victimized in order to avoid admitting that their own ****ty decision-making is what got them into their predicament.
    Just another completely unrelated post.

  9. #139
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    People commit crimes by choice, ergo they choose to receive their consequences.
    When the “crime” consists of exercising a right which the Constitution explicitly affirms, then, no, I don't buy that argument at all.

    It is the public officials who were complicit in enacting and enforcing laws which violate this right, who are the criminals, and who, by their choice to violate the Constitution, ought to be deemed to have chosen to receive the adverse consequences for their crimes.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #140
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Once the idea of depriving an American citizen of one of their Constitutional rights catches on, how long before voters choose to alter the Constitution even more by depriving former criminals of all their rights. We should be careful what we ask for.
    Indeed, it was very clearly part of the intent of the Constitution to see that rights were protected against temporary whims of the tyranny of the majority. As the cliché goes, democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. Our Constitution was set up to assure that the rights of the sheep didn't get completely lost to the vote of the wolves.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •