View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?
    I think someone who commits a gun crime should get the death sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Exactly, its up to people to decide if they wish to do business with you due to your past history which is entirely different than the government restricting your rights forever.
    They'd only have themselves to blame for their loss. It's not the government restricting their right, it's the criminal relinquishing their right to bear arms by virtue of making the conscious decision to commit a crime with a gun. They only have themselves to blame for their predicament.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They'd only have themselves to blame for their loss. It's not the government restricting their right, it's the criminal relinquishing their right to bear arms by virtue of making the conscious decision to commit a crime with a gun. They only have themselves to blame for their predicament.
    Honestly? When the government finds you in breach of the law and sentences for the crime they are taking away your rights.

  4. #114
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Honestly? When the government finds you in breach of the law and sentences for the crime they are taking away your rights.
    Nonsense. Criminals are not victims, they are people who choose to engage in anti-social behavior knowing the consequences that society places upon such choices. By doing so, they relinquish their rights within that society by choice.

    The government merely acts as a record keeper and guardian of the criminal's own decision.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #115
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nonsense. Criminals are not victims, they are people who choose to engage in anti-social behavior knowing the consequences that society places upon such choices. By doing so, they relinquish their rights within that society by choice.

    The government merely acts as a record keeper and guardian of the criminal's own decision.
    Which is why they go to prison. However, once they've served their sentence, do we keep punishing them? How does that jive with the Eighth Amendment?

  6. #116
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Which is why they go to prison. However, once they've served their sentence, do we keep punishing them?
    If part of the sentence is a permanent ban on gun ownership, they are merely continuing to serve their sentence. Prison is but one level of consequence.

    How does that jive with the Eighth Amendment?
    It's not an excessive fine or bail, nor is it cruel or unusual.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #117
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If part of the sentence is a permanent ban on gun ownership, they are merely continuing to serve their sentence. Prison is but one level of consequence.

    It's not an excessive fine or bail, nor is it cruel or unusual.
    Do you feel these criminals, who betrayed a public, and in some cases sworn, trust should lose some of their Constitutional rights forever? A guide to GOP scandals. - Slate Magazine

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Nonsense. Criminals are not victims, they are people who choose to engage in anti-social behavior knowing the consequences that society places upon such choices. By doing so, they relinquish their rights within that society by choice.

    The government merely acts as a record keeper and guardian of the criminal's own decision.
    I'm describing the action taken by the government no matter the law violation or punishment. What the government does is take away the rights of those they punish no matter if they violated someone else's rights or not.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Actually, mine is the only argument which empowers the people. Mine is the argument of personal responsibility and autonomy. The only way to not be a subject is to make it your choice.

    While yours is the argument of victimhood. Your argument has nothing to do with personal responsibility and everything to do with trying to get others to do things for you instead of against you. Your argument is always doomed to failure, while mine has freed countries.
    From what I have seen from you today and yesterday your ideas are what has lead to oppression.

  10. #120
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    Do you feel these criminals, who betrayed a public, and in some cases sworn, trust should lose some of their Constitutional rights forever?
    I do not believe that such rules should be enacted retroactively because doing so would prevent it from being said person's choice. A person must know (or at least have the potential to know) the complete consequences of their choices prior to making the choice. Thus, I wouldn't have any opinions about any individuals who committed a crime prior to any such consequences being in place.

    That being said, if a public official/politician is found guilty of some crime related to their office, I believe that it should be considered treason and the guilty party should be executed for their crime (that takes away ALL of their rights).




    Why did you link this? Are you under the misguided impression that party affiliation would affect my opinions in some way?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •