View Poll Results: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    49 75.38%
  • No

    16 24.62%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 239

Thread: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

  1. #101
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Of course not. Those examples are not examples of someone "merely exercising their right". They are examples of people knowingly violating the laws associated with that right for selfish reasons, rather than rational ones. That's why it's irresponsible. People need to have more personal responsibility and stop playing the victim. They make a decision to violate the laws, they need to slap on a pair of balls and accept the consequences for it, not play the victim.
    “Laws” which are enacted and enforced illegally, in blatant violation of the Constitution; for the specific purpose of violating these rights which the Constitution explicitly affirms.

    Politicians, judges, and police officers made the decision to violate the Constitution. What justification can there possibly be for punishing honest citizens for the illegal activity of public servants? I say that it is the corrupt public servants who need to be held responsible, and to bear significant consequences for their malfeasance.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #102
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    “Laws” which are enacted and enforced illegally, in blatant violation of the Constitution; for the specific purpose of violating these rights which the Constitution explicitly affirms.

    That's ultimately for the courts to decide. If one wishes to violate a law in protest, more power to them, but they castrate their efforts if they are not willing to accept the consequences of their decisions.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #103
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Its time to stop pretending that poor innocent criminals dont know what time it is. Even at the tender age of 18 they understand. They get it.There is a reason why gangs are sending members under the age of 18 out to rob, steal, sell drugs, and even kill. The expectation is that if they get caught they will get sentenced as a juvenile. These folks understand the rules of the game better than the cops. So no more coddling them. You want to see a change then build LOTS of new prisons and invoke at a minimum the mandatory minimum sentences for commission of crimes using a firearm. Say...sentence of the crime plus a mandatory 20 years (Id still lean towards life imprisonment but lets err on the side of leniency) to be served consecutively and no early release possible on the gun sentences.

  4. #104
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    For Bob Blaylock: I'm playing devil's advocate a bit on this a bit since I don't really believe that people should be permanently banned from owning a gun for the two examples you put in bold (nor do I think they are irresponsible idiots. For that matter, if a poor person poaches a deer because they need food, they are being responsible and intelligent, but if they are doing it for sport they are an irresponsible idiot, IMO. there's no excuse for imbibing intoxicants while carrying a deadly weapon of any sort, let alone one as efficient as a gun, IMO. It's a recipe for disaster).

    That being said, I do stand by my argument that one must be willing to accept the consequences of violating a law in protest for that protest to be effective.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #105
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That's ultimately for the courts to decide. If one wishes to violate a law in protest, more power to them, but they castrate their efforts if they are not willing to accept the consequences of their decisions.
    The big problem is that there are no appropriate consequences for judges, politicians, and other public servants who make teh choice not to obey the Constitution. Every such servant, on taking office, takes an oath to uphold and defend eh Constitution, yet far too many openly violate this oath, and face no consequences for doing so.

    I do not see how you can rationally argue that a common citizen's choice to exercise a right which the Constitution explicitly affirms, should be prepared to face adverse consequences for so doing; while neglecting to call for much harsher consequences for corrupt public officials who openly violate the Constitution with the specific intent of denying that common citizen the right which he seeks to exercise.

    Yours is the argument of one who has accepted his place as a subject, and the public servants as his masters.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #106
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Yours is the argument of one who has accepted his place as a subject, and the public servants as his masters.
    Actually, mine is the only argument which empowers the people. Mine is the argument of personal responsibility and autonomy. The only way to not be a subject is to make it your choice.

    While yours is the argument of victimhood. Your argument has nothing to do with personal responsibility and everything to do with trying to get others to do things for you instead of against you. Your argument is always doomed to failure, while mine has freed countries.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #107
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    I vote no.

    Self defense is a human right and it should only be taken away in some cases.

  8. #108
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I vote no.

    Self defense is a human right and it should only be taken away in some cases.
    I'm of the mind that people who commit crimes with guns relinquish their right to use a gun for self defense. Mother ****ers can use a crossbow from now on.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #109
    Advisor Rising Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    12-10-14 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    331

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?
    No. It's a Constitutional right. Once a person has completed their sentence, including probation, they should have all of their Constitutional rights restored. If we want to make prison sentences longer for using a gun in a crime, that'd be fine with me.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should someone who commits a crime with a gun be forever banned from owning one?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    That charge will stay on your record and will make things very difficult for that person in the future especially if they want to do anything around children or get a job.
    Exactly, its up to people to decide if they wish to do business with you due to your past history which is entirely different than the government restricting your rights forever.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •