View Poll Results: Is it unreasonable to pay a little more?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm a greedy bastard!! I need MORE!!!

    28 28.87%
  • No. There's comes a point in wealthiness where it just doesn't even matter anymore.

    61 62.89%
  • I'm not sure.

    8 8.25%
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 809

Thread: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

  1. #781
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    If he's only doing that job for the cash, then **** him.
    is that all you got from that comment? if so, you are hopeless.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #782
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    The guy in the factory ALREADY makes more than any Jr Dr. LOL

    education and pay have NOTHING to do with each other in USA.

    (having worked in a University for 8 years I saw this every day)
    so you are perfectly fine with taxing a heart surgeon to the point where his take home pay is the same as your average random HS grad? geez
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so you are perfectly fine with taxing a heart surgeon to the point where his take home pay is the same as your average random HS grad? geez
    Won't happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #784
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so you are perfectly fine with taxing a heart surgeon to the point where his take home pay is the same as your average random HS grad? geez
    He is still a worker. I am talking about taxing those that DO NOT WORK.

    options, dividends, bla bla bla.

    Al lthe tools of the idle rich.

    Right now they are taxed LESS than those that work. How is that FAIR?

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    He is still a worker. I am talking about taxing those that DO NOT WORK.

    options, dividends, bla bla bla.

    Al lthe tools of the idle rich.

    Right now they are taxed LESS than those that work. How is that FAIR?
    Frankly, if you voted for Obama, I don't want to hear a damn word about taxing those who do not work. Obamacare is essentially a poor tax. With me working tax returns during the tax seasons, I've had to talk many people off the ledge when they worry about how they have to choose between health care they can't afford, or a tax penalty they can't afford.

  6. #786
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Frankly, if you voted for Obama, I don't want to hear a damn word about taxing those who do not work. Obamacare is essentially a poor tax. With me working tax returns during the tax seasons, I've had to talk many people off the ledge when they worry about how they have to choose between health care they can't afford, or a tax penalty they can't afford.
    WOW, more lies of the rich respouted.

    1: The HC is affordable because it CANT BE MORE than 2% or 4% of pay for 85% of USA. max limit is 8% of pay.


    2: If you are poor, you dont have to pay penalty. You get MEDICAID for nothing.

  7. #787
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And yet you have one of the lowest tax burdens for corporations in the world. They might have on paper a large tax rate, but in reality these corporations pay very little and their actual burden is under 3%.
    The only corporations paying that low of a rate are the ones receiving major government subsidies (like GE). I don't support subsidies.

    However, most large corporations are paying way more than that.. Walmart paid around 25% in corporate tax last year, and it's one of the largest corporations in the world.

  8. #788
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    You get MEDICAID for nothing.
    for nothing? really? SOMEBODY has to pay for it...I wonder who that could be......

    oh wait, I know....it's those evil, greedy, idle rich that you keep bleating about.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #789
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    for nothing? really? SOMEBODY has to pay for it...I wonder who that could be......

    oh wait, I know....it's those evil, greedy, idle rich that you keep bleating about.
    Yes, I REALLY REALLY feel sorry for that POINT .9 tax on their $365 MILLION per year income......... (fake tears all over)

    and dont worry, the payments mostly come right back to them via thier medicad servicing corp. we dont have Corp free Universal care yet.

  10. #790
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Yes, I REALLY REALLY feel sorry for that POINT .9 tax on their $365 MILLION per year income......... (fake tears all over)

    and dont worry, the payments mostly come right back to them via thier medicad servicing corp. we dont have Corp free Universal care yet.
    typical. for some reason the fleas and ticks always think the dog is being greedy with his blood.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •