View Poll Results: Is it unreasonable to pay a little more?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm a greedy bastard!! I need MORE!!!

    28 28.87%
  • No. There's comes a point in wealthiness where it just doesn't even matter anymore.

    61 62.89%
  • I'm not sure.

    8 8.25%
Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 809

Thread: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

  1. #711
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I've noted for you, most people work. The reason you pay more is because laws have favored you, creating a gap. You tide did not raise all ships, and this is what comes with the gap.
    most people work? where did you get that statistic

    saying the laws favor me is crap-its like saying that schools favor smarter kids or the rules of tennis favor the better players.

    I pay more because people like me have less votes than those who don't pay enough

  2. #712
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you'd be wrong, I also own a major farming operation, several holding companies and a manufacturing business.
    So we can add farm subsidies, tax shelters and what do you make? I bet the Govt. has given a hand in that too.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    most people work? where did you get that statistic

    saying the laws favor me is crap-its like saying that schools favor smarter kids or the rules of tennis favor the better players.

    I pay more because people like me have less votes than those who don't pay enough
    It's linked earlier in the tread.

    And no, you merely can't bleed a stone. Keep demonizing working people, growing the gap, and you'll be saying more and more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #714
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    most people work? where did you get that statistic

    saying the laws favor me is crap-its like saying that schools favor smarter kids or the rules of tennis favor the better players.

    I pay more because people like me have less votes than those who don't pay enough

    Man equality under the law is such a bitch ain't it

    To bad one just can not pay for it.......

  5. #715
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So we can add farm subsidies, tax shelters and what do you make? I bet the Govt. has given a hand in that too.
    Everytime you post something about me you are speculating and you are wrong

  6. #716
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you'd be wrong, I also own a major farming operation
    Subsidized by the government?

    ,
    several holding companies and a manufacturing business.
    Do you have any job openings?

  7. #717
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Subsidized by the government?

    ,

    Do you have any job openings?
    No to either-but If I do I will tell you who to send the resume to.

  8. #718
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Subsidized by the government?

    ,

    Wanna bet he doesn't know how to bail hay much less buck it....
    Last edited by winston53660; 01-10-13 at 12:39 AM.

  9. #719
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Man equality under the law is such a bitch ain't it

    To bad one just can not pay for it.......
    Well actually they can and do

  10. #720
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No to either-but If I do I will tell you who to send the resume to.
    Thank you

Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •