View Poll Results: Is it unreasonable to pay a little more?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm a greedy bastard!! I need MORE!!!

    28 28.87%
  • No. There's comes a point in wealthiness where it just doesn't even matter anymore.

    61 62.89%
  • I'm not sure.

    8 8.25%
Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 809

Thread: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

  1. #701
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Every dollar you receive is made possible by this Govt. that you despise so much. Without it you would get nothing, and have nothing. Someday you will realize this and hate yourself for being such a skinflint.
    that is both a stupid response and irrelevant. I don't get anything extra that you don't get. Its a moronic argument on your part

  2. #702
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is both a stupid response and irrelevant. I don't get anything extra that you don't get. Its a moronic argument on your part
    You likely use it more, depend it more, and overall benefit more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #703
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You likely use it more, depend it more, and overall benefit more.
    stupid speculation on your part-people like me USE LESS

  4. #704
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stupid speculation on your part-people like me USE LESS
    No, just logical reasoning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #705
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,356

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, just logical reasoning.
    Since Turtle says he is a lawyer, his entire income is dependent on the Justice system which is financed by tax dollars.

  6. #706
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, just logical reasoning.
    that's sort of a concession you have no proof.

  7. #707
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Since Turtle says he is a lawyer, his entire income is dependent on the Justice system which is financed by tax dollars.
    you'd be wrong, I also own a major farming operation, several holding companies and a manufacturing business.

  8. #708
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's sort of a concession you have no proof.
    Logic is evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #709
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Logic is evidence.
    the logical conclusion is that those who are fed by the government use more government than those of us who pay hundreds for each dollar of service we get

    for your moronic argument to be "logical" you would have to show that the 5% who pay more income taxes than the rest of the country combined, use more of the services paid by the FIT than the other 95%

  10. #710
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the logical conclusion is that those who are fed by the government use more government than those of us who pay hundreds for each dollar of service we get

    for your moronic argument to be "logical" you would have to show that the 5% who pay more income taxes than the rest of the country combined, use more of the services paid by the FIT than the other 95%
    As I've noted for you, most people work. The reason you pay more is because laws have favored you, creating a gap. You tide did not raise all ships, and this is what comes with the gap.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •