View Poll Results: Is it unreasonable to pay a little more?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I'm a greedy bastard!! I need MORE!!!

    28 28.87%
  • No. There's comes a point in wealthiness where it just doesn't even matter anymore.

    61 62.89%
  • I'm not sure.

    8 8.25%
Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 809

Thread: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

  1. #651
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its easy to claim that taxing other people who are more successful than you are is justified and that when they complain they are "whining"

    until you start paying the same amounts as those making 400K or more a year, you really have no credibility on this issue
    But accurate all the same.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #652
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Nope. But it's your logic based on what you said elsewhere.
    he can run but he can't hide. he should have quit while he was behind
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #653
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But accurate all the same.
    no its not-its your opinion which I reject because you aren't paying as much as they are

    you claim to work for some community college in Iowa IIRC. no way you are making enough to be subject to the Obama tax hikes though you will be paying more despite the promises of the turd in chief

  4. #654
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    It is not at all unreasonable to ask the guy making over $250,000 a year to pay a somewhat higher percentage that the guy making $25,000 a year. The former has far more than most; the latter is struggling to pay bills and buy groceries already.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #655
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But accurate all the same.
    not even close. you can try to play semantics games using "percentages" all you want. but the plain truth is, the rich pay more taxes, in actual dollars, than the poor.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #656
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stop lying-they pay far more money overall

    and you try to use non progressive taxes to claim that the poor pay more overall

    on progressive taxes the rich pay far far more

    on non progressive taxes the rich pay more actual dollars
    The rich pay a far lower percentage of their income in taxes when all taxes are figured in. That means they have less "pain" paying them too.. There is no way out of that.
    You have it good and still whine. What does that make you?

  7. #657
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laura80L View Post
    How do you figure that they pay less over all?
    PolitiFact | Warren Buffett says the super-rich pay lower tax rates than others

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #658
    User Laura80L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    01-13-13 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    28

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they pretend that when you add up sales taxes, smokes taxes, dog licenses, car registration etc they overall rate of the poor is about the same as the rich

    in actual dollars its not even close but they ignore that
    soooooo..... are we supposed to believe that rich people don't pay the same sales tax rate? don't pay cigarette tax, dog licenses, car registration? What should we do with their astronomical excise taxes they pay for their outrageously expensive cars, homes, boats, etc.?
    Laura

  9. #659
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no its not-its your opinion which I reject because you aren't paying as much as they are

    you claim to work for some community college in Iowa IIRC. no way you are making enough to be subject to the Obama tax hikes though you will be paying more despite the promises of the turd in chief
    Nope. Visit a few fact checking sites.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #660
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is it unreasonable for the wealthiest to pay a little more?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    not even close. you can try to play semantics games using "percentages" all you want. but the plain truth is, the rich pay more taxes, in actual dollars, than the poor.
    I'm not measuring them against the poor. Nor should Any of us; they are poor father all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •